Thread: What are some good Defensive Formations. [New Player]

What are some good Defensive Formations. [New Player]

So I started playing 2 days ago and the game with its formation system + tactic system is a bit confusing for me, could you explain it to me?
    Anyways this is a post about defensive formations.

I am currenty using a 3-1-4-1-1 formation.

And i was wondering is 3 defenders playable with x3 dc or only dl - dc - dr? And if yes is x3 dc and 1 dl + dmc + dr possible? Or it wont be efficient because it will
    have 6 defenders? Also how does the dl / dr system works? Btw is there any way to choose your footballers playstyle? (defending / attacking)
    -
    What are some good defensive formations with counter attacks being the main option to score goals?
    -
    Also how can you understand where you should pass through? I saw the game has an option of choosing how you will pass (short/long) and from where (flanks / middle ect). How do they work?
    -
    Which is better when there are a lot of attackers (not only strikers), man-to-man or zonal?
    -
    Final question
    If i decide to use offside trap isn't it a bit dangerous cuz if my defenders screw it up won't enemy attackers score?

yes you can play 3dc,choose attacking with up arrows red,defensive down with blue,451v is best defensive counters, watch the ratings of your players higher rating=get them the ball.only use offside when pressing low or your defenders will get caught out..good luck