Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By Polotoed
  • 1 Post By Tommy

Thread: Is this formation works?

Is this formation works?

4-4-1-1
    Defending, through the middle, long pass, force counter attack on, low pressing, normal tackle, zonal, offside trap off.

high press' + man to man, always in all cases.^^
    Then all depend of your players, a treble can be won with absolutely all the decent formations.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    high press' + man to man, always in all cases.^^
    Why is that? Doesn't high press open you up to more counters?

Quote Originally Posted by Polotoed View Post
    Why is that? Doesn't high press open you up to more counters?
    The mentalities, are the 1st option that move the lines, and that determine a zone of pressure really.

High press/low was the old "attacking bonus" whenwe had a defensive bonus in the "man to man", both options use more condition in exchange of a "random" extra bonus in attack, and defense.

Like the training bonuses, these are applied randomly in the team, chosing some players to obtain a benefit and some not.

Then, the offside trap, moves the defense more to the midfleld insome cases, and the counters, too keep the attacking line ready pushing.

"What open" is not static, depend of every 1vs1 and the scenario that is choosen. Facing a oppo that play attack and with a group X of orders, the same situation, one day you can be exposed and open with attacking mentality, short passing, counters off, etc, and the 2nd day, you can be exposed with the opposite of these orders. There is not a manual of "A vs B". there are many variables of A and B and calibrations of dominance.

I see, that is very interesting. Do you know of other factors that can influence the dynamic of the game, e.g. where the lines stand, where the focus is in the game, etc.?
    There are still quite a few things in the game that are unclear to me. You seem to have a much better understanding of the mechanics, so any explanation is appreciated.
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Polotoed View Post
    I see, that is very interesting. Do you know of other factors that can influence the dynamic of the game, e.g. where the lines stand, where the focus is in the game, etc.?
    There are still quite a few things in the game that are unclear to me. You seem to have a much better understanding of the mechanics, so any explanation is appreciated.

This is the strategy I’m currently using. I might lower the press and change the defensive style to zonal when I ensure that it is a guaranteed win. Within these two days, I can beat a 60+% team with 9-0 (I’m currently 81%), win a 97% team with 4-0, but I only get a 2-1 in a cup match against with just a 30% team because of lack motivation. I hope this strategy works well because I spent a lot of coins and cashes to construct this line up.🤣🤣🤣
    fuyad007 likes this.