Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crystynel
  • 1 Post By Christiantrinh

Thread: Problems with Hexagon Formation

Problems with Hexagon Formation

Tonight i'll have an vital cup-match against a strong team using 4-2-2(AML/R)-2. This is the first time i handle with this formation. i just search all the threads about countering formation and some pointed out that 4-5-1(V) and 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond are the best options. Luckily my squad can change both of them easily but i still dont know to choose what the starting formation to counter him and what should i use the tactics and arrows in both formations, and what is the best one to counter the Hexagon

notice that its an away match. Hmh.. any ideas or experiences? i would appreciate!

Rookie
    4-5-1V Motivated

————-ST———–
    AML—————-AMR
    —–MC——–MC——-
    ——–DMC(UP)——–
    DL(UP)—DC—DC—–DR(UP)

normal mentality, mixed passing, through the flanks, pressing own half,
    force counterattack, zonal marking.
    Christiantrinh likes this.

Nice! The V-style is my favourite formation and it fits my team best. I'll try it tonight
    i also put red arrows on aml and amr and have quite good results but i dont know what the meaning of this action?

if ur opponent is using this hexagon
    ----ST--ST----
    AML-------AMR
    ---MC--MC----
    ---------------
    DL-DC--DC--DR

then i will suggest to use

----ST--ST--
    -----AMC-------
    -MC--MC--MC--
    ----------------
    DL--DC--DC--DR

Red arrows on DR and DL(as he is using AML and AMR),blue arrows on MC's (except the middle MC)..As his team is stronger than urs,so using these arrows will help you to STOP him i think..
    Last edited by Hear_break_kid; 04-22-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Normal,Through the middle***(if u use this formation otherwise down botha flanks),own half,hard tackle,shot pass,no counter attack,no offside trap...
    Last edited by Hear_break_kid; 04-22-2013 at 02:08 PM.

is 4-3N-1-2 effective this case cauz my team hav never try this before? my squad can fit this formation but the aml n amr are the best players i have so i would try 4-5-1 V instead. And hope it works
    Btw thanks!!!
    Hear_break_kid likes this.

In that case use ur Attack down both flanks

Rookie
    Use 4-4-2 . Attacking mentality, attack down both flanks, normal tackling, zonal marking, mixed passing, no offside , force counterattack. Use hard tackling if you concede a goal, or you should use hard tackling from the begining, you'll get 1-2 cards but cards doesn't matter because you will win. And put red arrows on ML, MR, ST, ST