Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need a miracle in second leg!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeth View Post
    Mate, play the same formation. That's good formation. Just set different orders. Attacking mentality, attack down both flanks, zonal marking, hard tackling, mixed passing, force counterattack, no offside traps, pressing own half. Put red arrows on AML, AMR, ST.
    And if you really need win, then you must play risky. 3W-1(DMC)-2N-2(AML,AMR)-2. Let your one dc play against 2 sts and put blue arrow on dmc to go back.
    I might try keeping my formation with your instructions. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gtmsnba13 View Post
    Dude I wish you luck second leg. I think it's best to set up your penalty takers. Try and go up 2-0 and go ultra defensive and hope for the best. Man, and I would have used the same formation, too; but with counter attack on.
    Thank you, I need all the luck I can get I can't believe I got countered by an attacking formation.

P.S, if it finishes 2-0 I lose on away goals Gotta get 3.

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    451V is over rated
    your mistakes imo are:
    facing strong sides especially at home, you will be more exposed to counters, so better you use 4 at mid
    other problem is he has no fullbacks .. so you need to pass the ball fast and long to wings.. problem you set your team to pass short passes which will allow players to go back and cover as short is slow tempo .. is best to catch him in counter when he has no fullbacks

i will go with 4141 and red arrow in all fullbacks, DMC, wingers , counter long balls defensive
    don't give up .. you still have a chance, as he will attack you more and he will be exposed more into counters when playing at home than away
    problem you need 3 goals

my wingers are AML/ML/DML type of players, so i have big freedom to switch to 451V or many other formations during the game if 4141 didn't work .. my 4141 is normally one winger is AML and the other keep him as RM.. and change things depending on possession
    red arrow on strikers and wingers if you need more goals and care less about possession
    replace your striker with a fresh one , allowed me to pick 1-2 goals in last 20 minutes .. and try to refresh players and take out tired one upfront (mid to strikers).. help alot to give you even extra possession by the end
    3-0 away is a big task ..
    i played good side today and beat him 3-0 with 451 and he was watching .. was 0-0 till 60 min , was tempted to attack but never changed mentality from defensive and counter bcz didn't want to give an away goal for opposition .. and all the wait paid off by the end
    GOOD luck
    That's the thing I'm worried about. 4-1-4-1 might not get me enough goals. 4-5-1V is the best tactic I've used. The problem wasn't my short passing, I was controlling the game until it went 1-1 then I changed to mixed passing and got destroyed.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    That's the thing I'm worried about. 4-1-4-1 might not get me enough goals. 4-5-1V is the best tactic I've used. The problem wasn't my short passing, I was controlling the game until it went 1-1 then I changed to mixed passing and got destroyed.
    Short passes are usually used for flat formations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12