Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: How to counter 4-4-2

Can i use 4-1-4-1 to counter 4-4-2 ? And if so what orders ? I know my opponent uses strong attack and force counter and mixed passing, hard tackle and whole pitch pressing. I know this because he is a friend of mine and he always uses those tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaru Lucian View Post
    Can i use 4-1-4-1 to counter 4-4-2 ? And if so what orders ? I know my opponent uses strong attack and force counter and mixed passing, hard tackle and whole pitch pressing. I know this because he is a friend of mine and he always uses those tactics.
    THE best is narrow diamond or hexagon good luck!!! This all About Q .

Play it like The Dutch way
    Fc Bal op t Dak!!!

Rookie
    Agree with narrow diamond!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperz View Post
    I use 4-5-1 Flat.
    Result i won 4-0

----------------ST-----------------------
    ------------------------------------------
    ML(up)--MC-MC(Down)-MC-MR(up)
    ------------------------------------------
    ---------DL--DC--DC--DR---------------

Orders:
    Mentality: Attacking (normal if quality same or worse)
    Focus passing: Down both flanks
    Pressing style: Own half
    Passing style: Mixed
    Tackling: Normal
    Marking: Zonal

Force counterattack: NO
    Offside trap: NO
    I got placed in a really competitive league this time, at least 5 teams are playing for real. Tokens bought and invested. They have about the same quality average as me, they have the same, more or less, team value. This is gonna be a tough one But one of the games in the near future is vs 4-4-2 diamond so I guess my 4-5-1V will take care of this. I am also thinking of starting with 4-3-3 get a fast goal in and revert to 4-5-1V full defending to try maintain the score, or even counter-attack and score a second goal. Last serious game started 1-0, 1-1 then and I went from 4-5-1def to 4-3-3 full attack, players with red arrows and I scored a second goal at 87'. It was great to finally see some competition!
    "Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

Rookie
    doesnt work for me to beat 442classic with 451V....

Depends upon what tactics you are using to set 451v. It always work for me while countering 442 C.

Is your opponent weaker or stronger quality wise as compared to you? What tactics and arrows you are using?
    Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is.”

Manager Level 9, Season 9

ND vs 4-4-2.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

To V or not to V, that is the question.

Every entry in here is a personal under-sampling of how to beat a 4-4-2, the counters table says Yes, I personally have stated in this thread Narrow Diamond
    I am lvl 6 in the lvl 9 or 10 Cup, 1st round playoff vs lvl 7, I have beaten a lvl 9 and then a lv8, easy! but usually the tough one is the one level above.
    I am banking on a V, not my ND ..... we will see, I will fall back to ND if I smell anything fishy. AMs Red, DMC blue, will attack, flank, own, hard, short, Zone! Win or lose I will add to this, best way to beat a 4-4-2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to counter 4-4-2-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-03-00-31-13-v-not-v-against-piking.jpg   How to counter 4-4-2-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-03-00-30-01-v-not-v-me.jpg   How to counter 4-4-2-screenshot-www.topeleven.com-2014-08-03-00-28-24-piking-v-not-v-question..jpg  
    Agam Talwar likes this.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

I am playing a friendly match with the leagues first team that uses 4-4-2flat. I will be using 4-5-1V with red arrows on DL/DR and DMC. Blue arrows on both DC as you can see in the pic -> I will post the results as soon as the match ends

Not the result I was hoping but it is still a win ->
    Last edited by LaKu; 09-12-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    "Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

Btw if you have the team on Rest (training tab) does it affect the way the match is played? I mean do they lost more condition, playing better and receiving more skill points? Cause I had my team on rest and only 2 players got a skill point and my team has an average age of 20-21!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast