Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WHO KNOWS HOW TO COUNTER 4 - 3N - 2 (AML/AMR) - 1 ( Quarter Final Cup Match )

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion11 View Post
    Im level 4, currently top of my league after 20 games, won 18, drew 2, scored 73, conceded 8, i hav a 32.2 **** side, i play a 4-4-2 hav dun for all 4 of my 4 seasons, i never change formation whatever formation my opponant plays against me, i never seem 2 struggle so y change summet that aint broken, i see alot of teams wiv different formations not alot wiv the basic 4-4-2, think players dont like the formation and think u´ll lose more than u´ll win, but i´ve not found a problem at all, roll on level 5 and a 4-4-2.
    OK, me too, my team is even stronger then yours about 38 ave, and i also use at 90 % of the games 4-4-2 formation, marked at this forum as conservative and nothing special. but, i have huge problem with this formation countering 4-5-1 V and narrow diamond, even butterfly makes me problems. and i am not talking about the teams at my level, because i am one of the best at it, i am talking about very weaker teams.
    Small dick guys area in red, blue and green.
    I did that, I won that...blah-blah-blah...

Banned
    I have used 2 different formations successfully vs this formation and butterfly was not one of them, although i have read in this forum to use it.

I use:

3N-3W-2N-1-1 and 3N-2W-3N-1-1 and both have not let me down.

--------ST---------- -----------ST----------
    -------AMC--------- ----------AMC---------
    ------MC--MC------- ------MC--MC--MC-----
    -DML---DMC---DMR- -DML--------------DMR-
    ----DC--DC--DC---- ------DC--DC--DC-----

Please let me know what your result is, regardless of what formation you choose to use. good luck

The concept behind 3-4-2-1 is to outnumber midfield and to pass the ball to its AML/AMR in order to start things happen. Its strange he uses AML/AMR and not 2 AMC.
    Therefore you have to make sure that your opponent will not outnumber you at midfield. You can defend with 3 DCs and 2 DML/DMR. Then to put 3-4 on midfield and 1 ST with probably 1 AMC behind him. ( you have literally 5-4-1, because your DML/DMR will mark his AMR/AML as the fullbacks would.)

But for me the most important to counter this formation is to put pressure allover the pitch. It doesn't matter if you play 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or whatever, he will score against you, unless you don't allow your opponent from reaching the ball to his AMs. There is when things start to happen. So put someone on his AMR/AML and make sure the ball don't reach them. Choose any formation you want but, put pressure all over the pitch. It's key to counter these kind of formations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12