Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Glitza
  • 1 Post By Der_Ryan_M
  • 1 Post By Glitza
  • 2 Post By paul northey

Thread: New formation?

Question New formation?

Good day,

I used to play in 4-1-2-1-2 and got pretty successfull with it throughout the game. After winning 2 triple crowns with it, even having league seasons without neither a defeat nor a draw. My tactic was short passes through the centre, no counters and offensive. My team's still as strong as back then (in %), but my performance weakens from season to season. I'm unable to win the league, can't get far in the cup, only in CL I'm still successfull: Even though I can't qualify for the CL next season I managed to reach the final (ridiculous). Did the meta change due to (unreasonable) updates?

So I'm looking for a new formation which fits my tactic. I used to love DMC's which I can move back in defence for a total of 5 defenders, so usually playing with four. I planning to reduce to only one single striker. Having an ML & MR worked pretty well in the past with a MR still being my team's best scorer, but I consider umpgrading to AML & AMR. During the last few seasons I changed my tactic to defensive counter play, still attacking through the centre. I don't know, what can you recommend and what might but doesn't have to be close to my usual play style?

Greetings, Glitza
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    FF Freiburg - Fußball-Freunde Freiburg Wiehre

4-5-1 V fits your criteria and is overall my favourite formation. I switched to 4-2-3-1 on my main account (don't think it's better though), but still play 4-5-1 V on my second team. It is a more defensive formation and works well against almost every formation.

So you play DL-DC-DC-DR---DMC---MC-MC---AML-AMR---ST. I have also played it with another DC instead of a DMC so like a 5-2-2-1 but didn't like it that much...

My only consistently bad results were against 4-1-2-1-2 ND and 4-3-2-1 with 3 MCs.
    Glitza likes this.

Vielen Dank, Alla! Sound's pretty good, looking forward to switch most of the players in the midfield next season for other players fitting this formation. That's the reply I was hoping for!

Appreciate that, friendo!
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Apprentice
    I was 4-2-3-1 for years but started losing to daily trolls, but recently changed to
    DR DC DC DL
    DMC DMC
    MC
    AMR AMC AML

normal - counter- wings

still scoring loads and really tightened up at the back.👍😀
    Glitza and Der_Ryan_M like this.

lol even without a typical striker? ^^