Thread: Against 4-1-3-2

Rookie

Against 4-1-3-2

ST ST
    MC MC MC
    DMC
    DR DC DC DL
    GK

Indeed underdog in a cup tie............vs a team 4 lv higher.......

Please help!! Thanks!!!

Apprentice
    4 levels is a lot, and I think you're sure to lose, but I would go for Barcelona-style formation, 4-5-1V, or maybe 3 MCs, and attacking them down the wings. Set all tactics defensively and maybe you'll get a chance on the counter, maybe with long passes.

Rookie
    Thanks~~~

4-5-1V? Is it like this??

ST
    AMR AML
    MC MC
    DMC
    DR DC DC DL

Hard defending, down both flanks, long pass, zonal and counterattacks

Double marking his strikers & MFC's is essential, he is strong through the centre, but apart from his DL/DR he has no width, he is not using any AM players but I'd expect red arrows at least one if not all three MC's as he has a DMC to act as cover, Whilst the V formation in general works well countering 3 MC's with the extra DMC it may not, the problem with playing long ball is the risk of losing possession on the counter.
    If you do decide to play the V I would be holding back a minimum of three defenders through the centre, 2 DC's and the DMC.
    If it was me I'd go for a stronger MF something like 3-6-1, when in defence mode you will have 6 MF players covering his four, your ML/MR stop his DC/DR getting forward to attack your week flanks at the rear.
    3 DC's 2 DMC's MR/AMR ML/AML 2 AMC's ST
    Again he is better than you but at least you outnumber his attacking players with a bit of weight to your own counter attack, if you can get the ball out to your flank players his DMC will have to cover leaving him with a soft centre for your own AMC's to receive the ball from the flanks in good goal scoring opportunities. Put down arrows on the centre DC at least to act as sweeper making it harder to pass trough your back three I'd start all three DC's with arrows but that's how I play this formation, see how it goes first twenty minutes, if your limiting his goal attempts, perhaps be a bit more adventurous and apply red arrows to your MR/ML

Defensive, Mixed or Flanks, own half, mixed passing, zonal and counter. You should get away with tackling hard as he is much better than you, start with normal 15-20min if your possession is slipping switch to hard, watch for the bookings or warnings revert if they start to become frequent. SO in general play around with the orders mildly, remeber it takes the engine around 5min of game time to react to changes you make.

No guarantees offered or implied.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 11-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.

How did it go?
    I will have to play tomorrow against the same formation.
    I have come up with
    ----St----
    ML--MC--MR
    --DMC-DMC-
    DL-DC-DC-DR
    With red arrows on ML, MR, DL and DR and both DMCs. What do you think?

Rookie
    I had used 4-5-1V. Got a draw at home, and bad beat away.....yet I am against a much better team.....

I will be playing against a formation 4-2.3-1, I lost to them in the first leg with my 4-4-2
    What change can I make to beat them. They have a stronger team than me