Thread: How do I beat 4-1-2-3

Rookie

How do I beat 4-1-2-3

Hi

I have a tough opponent that have mutant wingers using the above formation, I have been using 4-5-1v Defensive, counter, high press and I lost to the opponent twice in the league 2-0 and the latest 4-0.

I am going to meet this opponent again the day after tmr in the champions league so can someone give me tips to beat this opponent. He is 123% and I am 118% atm.

Thanks very much in advance

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersnow341 View Post
    Hi

I have a tough opponent that have mutant wingers using the above formation, I have been using 4-5-1v Defensive, counter, high press and I lost to the opponent twice in the league 2-0 and the latest 4-0.

I am going to meet this opponent again the day after tmr in the champions league so can someone give me tips to beat this opponent. He is 123% and I am 118% atm.

Can you show me a photo of his formation so I can show you what you could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie
    How do I beat 4-1-2-3-screenshot_2019-11-30-20-29-56.jpgHow do I beat 4-1-2-3-screenshot_2019-11-30-20-30-08.jpg

the above formation by my opponent top of my league as well atm look at just one of his winger white skills lol

Max

How do I beat 4-1-2-3

Hmm, it looks like there is a lot of room on the flanks, this midfield is sparse, probably try and keep possession in that area and try to move forward and obviously score.

I would say the battle would be won in midfield.

I will edit this later to add more detail but I am busy at the moment.

So try short-mixed passing, and play down both flanks because there is a lot of space along that area, also it doesn’t really matter where you ask your players to focus the passing because they will decide if they want to do what you asked of them LOL.

Last edited by Max; 12-01-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Hmm, it looks like there is a lot of room on the flanks, this midfield is sparse, probably try and keep possession in that area and try to move forward and obviously score.

I would say the battle would be won in midfield.

I will edit this later to add more detail but I am busy at the moment.

Hi Max

Thanks very much and shall await more details of your advice later by the way I have tried focusing on both sides using 4-5-1v and so far even though I have like more shots than the person but not even 1 shot was on target

Rookie
    Hi Max

Thanks very much and shall await more details of your advice later by the way I have tried focusing on both sides using 4-5-1v and so far even though I have quite a number of shots but not even 1 shot was on target lol this was the home game I had less shots and 7 shots but not a single shot on target
    How do I beat 4-1-2-3-screenshot_2019-11-30-23-14-05.jpg

Rookie
    Hi

Not that much of a tactical genius but like what max said midfield is the main are you have to focus bro. Use ML MR MC MC and DMC with one striker and like your typical defense set up. But if its away on your first leg, how. About going from the side. Go for 4-1-4-1 attack from the wings but go defensive it might work. Control your midfield and the game can be won. I had an opponent like this set up once. And i used this formation to beat him. Besides your strong enough so go for attack instead of defense always. Defending go from the side and for attack go for mix passing and short passes.
    Hope it helps and do post the result. Unless max says something else which i am sure will be better.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Hi both

Thanks for your tips, shall try 4-1-4-1 defensive with counter and attack from the flanks first since I am playing away in the 1st leg and will update later the results tomorrow.

Rookie
    Hi both

Thanks for your tips, shall try 4-1-4-1 defensive with counter and attack from the flanks first since I am playing away in the 1st leg and will update later the results tomorrow.
    Hi both

Just wanted to update that I lost 6-1 in the first leg using the 4-1-4-1 defensive with counter, high press and attack from the flanks, this is my third time losing to this opponent. Any idea how to reverse this 5 goal deficit?

Max
    Hi both

Just wanted to update that I lost 6-1 in the first leg using the 4-1-4-1 defensive with counter, high press and attack from the flanks, this is my third time losing to this opponent. Any idea how to reverse this 5 goal deficit?
    Oh sorry to Here that, It will be very hard to get back from that, it was probably some kind of troll, you were 5 percent weaker than them so you should have gotten a result.

They hardly had any players in the midfield so I don’t know how they did it.

I guess just train hard and use your own formation and hope for the best.