Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HeavensAAA

Thread: 3-4-1-2 counter with tactics

Exclamation 3-4-1-2 counter with tactics

Hi everyone,
    I lost first leg in cup 3-1 againts 78% team which was using 3-4-1-2, I used 4-1-2-1-2 ND formation 83%. Important is that me nor him were present at the match. Tomorrow I have second match at 1.39 PM. If you have any idea how I could reach the cup final I would appreciate it. I have great ST, DL and DC and players on other positions are all 80+ but I have really bad MR,ML (-70) because I almost never use them.

thanks in advance
    Rainbow

P.S
    Full tactics review I've used:
    4-1-2-1-2N ND with normal mentality
    Back arrows on all 4 defenders, front arrow on ST's and AMC
    Mixed passing, mixed field
    High pressing, normal tackling, man to man
    Off counters, off offside
    Last edited by RainbowVomit; 03-18-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowVomit View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I lost first leg in cup 3-1 againts 78% team which was using 3-4-1-2, I used 4-1-2-1-2 ND formation 83%. Important is that me nor him were present at the match. Tomorrow I have second match at 1.39 PM. If you have any idea how I could reach the cup final I would appreciate it. I have great ST, DL and DC and players on other positions are all 80+ but I have really bad MR,ML (-70) because I almost never use them.

thanks in advance
    Rainbow

P.S
    Full tactics review I've used:
    4-1-2-1-2N ND with normal mentality
    Back arrows on all 4 defenders, front arrow on ST's and AMC
    Mixed passing, mixed field
    High pressing, normal tackling, man to man
    Off counters, off offside
    5% margin, assuming both sides are similar with whites level, carries a very minor advantage.

4-1-2-1-2 is not a bad counter of 3-4-1-2 at all, though opponents could still win it when wide midfielders are performing (where your team has no wide players except fullbacks).

As always, when asking for formation and orders, the minimum one should provide is both images of your squad list and opponent’s setup, so we could at least suggest something that you team can actually use (it’s no use to you when we suggest a solution when your team has not got those player positions).

3-4-1-2 formation weakness is flank defending. We should win easily via flank when we play an AML/R + ST (ST to occupy DC for winger to exploit space and shoot from range). Formations like 4-1-3-1W-1(ST skewed same side with winger) or 3-1-3-2W-1 (3 defenders squeezed central) should do.
    (4-3-2W-1 with both up-arrow wingers played at ML/MR regions could work too, though run more risk of conceding by opponent’s AMC)

Or alternatively we could overrun opponents by packing the midfield with a 4F-1-4-1AM (flat back-4 + DMC to suffocate defensive space, plus 4 MCs + pulled- back AMC to dominate MC area, so we should easily win via defensive counter via middle).

Best of luck with 2nd leg!
    RainbowVomit likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Thank you for your time and answer.
    I don't know if you'll see this before my game start. Here is screenshoot of my team and formation (4-1-3-1W-1) that I'm planning to use and also his team. I would appreciate if you have time and see this in time that you tell me the tactics and arrows I should use and also bonus during the match. Otherwise I will use the tactics on the picture with normal mentality.

Thank you again

3-4-1-2 counter with tactics-bandicam-2021-03-19-11-28-50-616.jpg
    3-4-1-2 counter with tactics-bandicam-2021-03-19-11-30-38-367.jpg
    3-4-1-2 counter with tactics-bandicam-2021-03-19-11-31-50-830.jpg

Pro
    3-4-1-2 counter with tactics-a546-a522-e383-4041-b12-f-130459-d3-ba73.png

With the 4-1-3-1W-1, the winger should be placed wide where no one is marking him at all to maximise his presence for scoring opportunities. Similarly go with ST to stick closer to winger to create a ‘zone’ where your team has a significant advantage. Left flank attack only obviously, and should start match with low pressing, then change to high pressing + man-on-man & sub in extra ST or winger on the other flank when chasing goals in 2nd half (going high press too early reduces conditions too much for late goals if needed).

Since opponent is not playing winger, you could move left back to stay in line with 2 DCs to form a 3v2, and push DR a bit up to cover the lost ground in MR area. Pushing both up may be a bit risky with 2 DCs vs 2 STs, so a good long through ball will break the defence apart.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.