Thread: Top 3 Overated Formations

Top 3 Overated Formations

In T11, formations is the most important things in the game nowadays, as many people finds it difficult to beat this formation, even aganist weaker teams:

1.4-3W-1-2
    The highest overated for ation, it can beat any kind of formation, also this one requires extra tactical skills to beat.
    2.4-5-1 V
    The most popular formation. Any teams who attempts counter-attack will found them being defended by the midfielders.
    3.4-4-2 Classic
    Quite overpowered, as many people finds it very powerful to beat them, and this is quite a legendary formation.

What do you think?

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Do you mean overrated or overpowered?

Most overrated are 4-5-1 V, WM and butterflies on my opinion. They look kinda fancy so many players use them but in my view they are not as effective as they think, in Top11.

Most overpowered are 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with some kind of flat midfield, variations. The existence of 2STs provide enough firing power and the 5 midfield players provide too much ball possession without many ways to be countered by game's engine. The same occurs with 3-4-3. Too much power in front with decent possession.
    They even allow 3 defenders wide! THAT'S overpowered It should bee too easy to win against a wide backline but it's not as it should be.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

sdw
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tactician View Post
    Do you mean overrated or overpowered?

Most overrated are 4-5-1 V, WM and butterflies on my opinion. They look kinda fancy so many players use them but in my view they are not as effective as they think, in Top11.

Most overpowered are 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with some kind of flat midfield, variations. The existence of 2STs provide enough firing power and the 5 midfield players provide too much ball possession without many ways to be countered by game's engine. The same occurs with 3-4-3. Too much power in front with decent possession.
    They even allow 3 defenders wide! THAT'S overpowered It should bee too easy to win against a wide backline but it's not as it should be.
    Maybe I didnt understand you very well,but I disagree with 3-5-2 and 3-4-3.These tactics are very easy to counter and it's very easy to win against stronger teams than mine.In real life,3-4-3 is very dominant tactic.In top11 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 is easy to counter only with AML/AMR,whatever tactic is.

Quote Originally Posted by sdw View Post
    Maybe I didnt understand you very well,but I disagree with 3-5-2 and 3-4-3.These tactics are very easy to counter and it's very easy to win against stronger teams than mine.In real life,3-4-3 is very dominant tactic.In top11 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 is easy to counter only with AML/AMR,whatever tactic is.
    My point is that in top eleven 3 at back are more powerfull than in reality. I don't know, maybe in TOp11 fullbacks are not so essential.Also, a packed midfield give way too much power. Much more than real football.
    If your opponent use wingers (AML/AMR) you drop back your ML/MR to DML/DMR and weirdly, you're still fine. Therefore, even if the opponent tries to counter you, you can response quite well. You can just drop 1-2 midfielders or put them higher up and you can pretty much response to he's counter. The real counter would be long balls counter attack and staff like that but again you can still drop 1 MC to DMC and be more solid at back.
    That's my feeling. I personally use a variation of 3-5-2 with much better results than I hoped for and each opponenet I've ever met with a variation of 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 did actually pretty well.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

sdw
    Apprentice
    My point is that in top eleven 3 at back are more powerfull than in reality. I don't know, maybe in TOp11 fullbacks are not so essential.Also, a packed midfield give way too much power. Much more than real football.
    If your opponent use wingers (AML/AMR) you drop back your ML/MR to DML/DMR and weirdly, you're still fine. Therefore, even if the opponent tries to counter you, you can response quite well. You can just drop 1-2 midfielders or put them higher up and you can pretty much response to he's counter. The real counter would be long balls counter attack and staff like that but again you can still drop 1 MC to DMC and be more solid at back.
    That's my feeling. I personally use a variation of 3-5-2 with much better results than I hoped for and each opponenet I've ever met with a variation of 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 did actually pretty well.
    Now I understood you.Correct,pack of Midfielders is giving you some effort in T11.I dont like the fact that 4-2-3-1 is the best tactic in the world,all big teams are using this formation.But here in T11 this tactic is not so dominant as real.

All big teams except barcelona, man. city, real madrid (often), even bayern sometimes. But, yes. It's the most used formation at high level football.

sdw
    Apprentice
    All big teams except barcelona, man. city, real madrid (often), even bayern sometimes. But, yes. It's the most used formation at high level football.
    Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen always use this formation.Two MC's,3 attacking midfielders(ronaldo,ozil,di maria) and one striker.Dortmund is using this formation too.

Real vs Atletico for copa del rey, both they used a 4-3-3. If you're interested I can search more for more games this year that real used a 4-3-3 system.
    Bayern uses a literally same formation (4-2-3-1) but with very different tactics. You can see them press more with ribery and roben closing down the flanks (robben often cuts inside) and sometimes you can see muller coming forward to a more like a 4-4-2. Other times you will see robben and ribery staying back to support their fullbacks (just what they did vs barca at 1st match). I don't doubt they use a 4-2-3-1 but they use it in many different ways so, there are times they look like a 4-4-2.

Dortmound have defended with 4-4-1-1 several times this year. Again, 4-2-3-1 is it's main formation, I agree. It's most used by high class football clubs.

Rookie
    Real Madrid is also mostly used 4-2-3-1 (4-5-1-w) four defenders, 2 midfielders, 1 amc, 1 aml, 1 amr and 1 striker.
    Chelsea also using the same formation like Real Madrid so from my point of view the best counter attacking formation is 4-5-1

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2