Thread: 4-4-1-1 Is it vital?

4-4-1-1 Is it vital?

Hi all,

I apologize if there already is a thread on this tactic... I could not find it, hence I created this.

From my own football carreer and experience, I love the 4-4-1-1 tactic with outside midfielders "pointed" forward.
    Making it a butterfly when in possession.

Last season was my first season and I managed to win the league and the cup quite easily. Only the cup final was against a similar team, but still beat him quite easily with 2-0.
    This season seems to become a walk in the park also as far as the league concerns.
    Ill try to win the CL also and keep the cup asside as I feel I lack the squad dept to challenge on all 3 competitions.

Although I seem to have been doing something right, looking at my results, I am a bit afraid it all might just have been dumb luck.

See my current team below.

4-4-1-1 Is it vital?-eger-giants.jpg

My AMC is by far my most dangerous player so I want to have him involved in the attack.
    4-4-1-1 Is it vital?-laaroussi.jpg

To get this done, I am not quite sure how to put him. Red arrow or not? Attack down the middle or not? Without completely destroying my tactic...
    I guess it also depends on the tactic of my opponent, but I rather have my opponent adapt to me than the other way around.

I am not asking for an all winning tactic, as I believe such a thing does not exist.
    But a few tips on this formation and how to improve things in future seasons will be very welcome

Have a good evening!

If you had AMR I would suggest to play with 4-2-3-1 to get the most from your AMC. 4-4-1 still can work. Red arrow on your AMC is a good choice focus, mixed. You can put redd arrows on wingers (ML/MR) + AMC.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Ill invest in wingers.
    But then it seems I have been doing quite okay with 4-4-1-1 and user red arrows on my ML and MR?
    I see this thread has quite alot of views already, but not alot of replies.
    I'd like to hear more opinions
    Dont be scared!

Then stick to 4-4-1-1 and play play more narrow. You'll be more defensive but that's not a problem.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

What exactly do you mean with playing more narrow?

Currently I play
    DR DC DC DL
    MR MC MC ML
    AMC
    ST

There are no squares available in midfield to make my wide players come more narrow.

sdw
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dominic Vernooij View Post
    What exactly do you mean with playing more narrow?

Currently I play
    DR DC DC DL
    MR MC MC ML
    AMC
    ST

There are no squares available in midfield to make my wide players come more narrow.
    Are you sure?One very good quality AMC will score you two goals.

change your tactics to play through the middle

Quote Originally Posted by sdw View Post
    Are you sure?One very good quality AMC will score you two goals.
    Well, ofcourse my AMC plays in the center AM position and not on the right side as displayed in my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by matcho13579 View Post
    change your tactics to play through the middle
    Wouldnt that take away balance, having an MR and an ML with red arrows?
    They will contribute little to nothing to the attack that way.

It means that if your current focus is down both flanks switch to mixed/through the middle. I am really keen to learn if your tactic becomes more narrow if you switch your mentality, but there's no way to find out in top11 since there's no game view. I believe it also becomes even more narrow by removing your arrows from mr/ml but I wouldn't necessarily suggest it.