Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Razz
  • 1 Post By Razz

Thread: I Won - BUT know I could have played this game Better - Would Love Advice

Rookie

I Won - BUT know I could have played this game Better - Would Love Advice

Happy winning 2-1 home against 4-3-3 but know there must be better tactics than I used. What would You have used ?

His Team: I Won - BUT know I could have played this game Better - Would Love Advice-4-3-3-team-screenshot-2013-06-11-11-17-28.jpg

My Team: I Won - BUT know I could have played this game Better - Would Love Advice-tactics-against-4-3-3screenshot-2013-06-11-11-21-22.jpg

Formations: I Won - BUT know I could have played this game Better - Would Love Advice-formation-against-4-3-3screenshot-2013-06-11-11-20-00.jpg

Stats: I Won - BUT know I could have played this game Better - Would Love Advice-stats-1-against-4-3-3-screenshot-2013-06-11-11-18-35.jpg

Considering this seemed to be a Bot team and I was at home, I had a considerable advantage that I will not always have in the future. As a Division 4 player, I have a lot yet to learn. All advice appreciated for future formation / tactics.

P.S - I used 4 defenders in first game and walked away 2-0.

Thanks again,
    V

Rookie
    Add - In initial away formation I used the 4-5-1 V ( I pulled the wingers back for this game to add a little defense on the wings without having to change my tactics to defensive )

How would you more experienced players have played against this 4-3-3 at home with a 2-0 lead away in the first leg. Very Curious,

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Add - In initial away formation I used the 4-5-1 V ( I pulled the wingers back for this game to add a little defense on the wings without having to change my tactics to defensive )

How would you more experienced players have played against this 4-3-3 at home with a 2-0 lead away in the first leg. Very Curious,

Thanks.
    Why NOT use defensive? Understand that mentality, as far as we know based on Nordeus, only determines how risk-taking your team is with their shots.
    Hard Attacking = more long range & risky shots, less likely to be on target
    Hard Defending = Fewer shots, more likely to be on target

Your formation isn't bad. Against 4 defenders with no DMC I use an AMC and lone ST and attack the middle (the weak spot between the central defenders) - essentially what you have except replacing one ST with an AMC, and moving the wingers around depending on whether I want to be more cautious or more attacking.

As for tactics, as I said, don't be afraid to go defensive - read everything Nordeus has posted and read some of the older tutorials. It seems a lot of people come into this game with an erroneous idea of what team mentality and arrows actually do. I also find counterattack to be effective quite often because so many people use a kamikaze all-out attacking formation. Also, match focus passing to your formation, so even with the formation you have I think middle or mixed would have been more effective than what you used - down the flanks with your wingers pulled back seems counterproductive, doesn't it?
    FlyingV likes this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Why NOT use defensive? Understand that mentality, as far as we know based on Nordeus, only determines how risk-taking your team is with their shots.
    Hard Attacking = more long range & risky shots, less likely to be on target
    Hard Defending = Fewer shots, more likely to be on target

Your formation isn't bad. Against 4 defenders with no DMC I use an AMC and lone ST and attack the middle (the weak spot between the central defenders) - essentially what you have except replacing one ST with an AMC, and moving the wingers around depending on whether I want to be more cautious or more attacking.

As for tactics, as I said, don't be afraid to go defensive - read everything Nordeus has posted and read some of the older tutorials. It seems a lot of people come into this game with an erroneous idea of what team mentality and arrows actually do. I also find counterattack to be effective quite often because so many people use a kamikaze all-out attacking formation. Also, match focus passing to your formation, so even with the formation you have I think middle or mixed would have been more effective than what you used - down the flanks with your wingers pulled back seems counterproductive, doesn't it?
    This was really well good Razz,

I am not too ashamed to admit that until you posted this I did not know about a couple of Items you mentioned. If I had known about the Defensive mentality this well I would have tried it and now I will.

I love these ideas and will seriously use them and your right about the counter attack, I just needed to hear someone experienced say what I knew was in my gut.

Thanks so much for this Razz, time to add a much needed AMC to my squad. You have been of great help.

Dont Laugh, I always thought using 2 central defenders had me protected for Center Defence (example 4-4-2) This also explains a couple of things now. Great stuff, seriously.
    Cheers,
    V
    Last edited by FlyingV; 06-12-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    This was really well good Razz,

I am not too ashamed to admit that until you posted this I did not know about a couple of Items you mentioned. If I had known about the Defensive mentality this well I would have tried it and now I will.

I love these ideas and will seriously use them and your right about the counter attack, I just needed to hear someone experienced say what I knew was in my gut.

Thanks so much for this Razz, time to add a much needed AMC to my squad. You have been of great help.

Dont Laugh, I always thought using 2 central defenders had me protected for Center Defence (example 4-4-2) This also explains a couple of things now. Great stuff, seriously.
    Cheers,
    V
    I guess i have the advantage of not having played other futbol sims so I had no preconceived notions, so I read the official help (sparse as it is) and the tutorials and tips. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

re defense, http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...-part-1-a.html
    That's the bible I follow for T11. So if a player covers his square and all adjacent squares, it follows, and experience bears out, that they cover adjacent squares less effectively and with less priority than their own. (when using zonal D)

I literally NEVER use a 4 wide D, because I'm always able to exploit it on attack. I use 3 central defenders, or 3n + a DMC (because the DMC, in addition to strengthening the middle, also adds to midfield possession numbers). If I really feel i need to cover the flanks i go 5 wide, or 4 wide WITH a blue arrowed DMC.
    FlyingV likes this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Rookie
    Justdomes guide Bookmarked !!

I felt better using three central defenders and DMC (Now I know why) and I will remember the 4 wide (blue arrowed DMC) or 5 wide Tip.

Thanks again Razz

Da li postoji mogucnost da prijatelja koji mi je prijatelj i na top elevenu pratim tj. pratim njegove utakmice i navijam i ako nismo na istom serveru? Hvala unapred.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Faki Ramadanovic View Post
    Da li postoji mogucnost da prijatelja koji mi je prijatelj i na top elevenu pratim tj. pratim njegove utakmice i navijam i ako nismo na istom serveru? Hvala unapred.
    Not to my knowledge, I believe you have to be on the same server but I could be wrong.