Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scandal of World Cup 2002

I remember it..I'm italian..

Just get over it. Conspiracies happen all the time. They can happen for and against you, but at the end of the day, people only remember the ones against them, and not the ones that happened for them.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Something was wierd is true.

First game vs Portugal was ok

But against Italy I think S.Korea should get 5,6 red cards. And that head kick to Maldini was stupid, Fifa should never let him to play football anymore, he could kill him..
    peppe88 and kullehh like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Banned
    I hate Korea so much. i hope that they will kill themsefl in upcoming war. no one can imagine how much i hate them.
    But i am german, we are rasist, we hate everyone : D
    QuocBao and kullehh like this.

Banned
    referee Moreno said that South Korea paid him. He was banned as referee and some years later he was arrested because of international drug commerce. Something more to say?
    kullehh likes this.

lol, Fifa were recently very upset that players and officials around the world have been fixing matches in order to make money.....they have every right to be upset....the only ones permitted to fix matches for money is Fifa and thats why the crackdown. You say 2002 scandal. I would say almost every major tournament has had match fixing. Football is a business and Fifa is the worlds most powerful Mafia, if you think the game is played on its merits at the highest international level you should go back to preschool to draw nice pictures with crayons. its not just 2002.
    kullehh and Michael Unonk like this.

wow...

seriously, this post is stupid. it's purpose is not to discuss about football but to start a hate on Korea in this forum.
    where is the evidence that moreno admitted he got paid? bring the evidence then we will talk.
    can say the samething about every other controversial decisions in football matches as well.

seriously, find something better to do than hate, it only hurts you and your country's image by doing this.

That Year Italy had the strongest team of its last 20. Such a pity it went like that, but i'm totally sure Platini called for it as he feared France would crumble. Totti, Del Piero, Vieri, Inzaghi, Montella. God.

Then Brazil roflstomped em and i was a bit happier.
    kullehh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by magicx72 View Post
    seriously, this post is stupid. it's purpose is not to discuss about football but to start a hate on Korea in this forum.
    where is the evidence that moreno admitted he got paid? bring the evidence then we will talk.
    can say the samething about every other controversial decisions in football matches as well.

seriously, find something better to do than hate, it only hurts you and your country's image by doing this.
    You're talking about a referee which conceided 13 minute of extra time in mexico in his last official match, and went on untill the team which was losing 3-2 equalized.BUt

From Wikipedia:

Italy vs South Korea

Moreno was widely blamed by the Italian community, by the world of international football and many others for Italy's elimination from the 2002 World Cup after being defeated by South Korea in the Round of 16. Members of the Italian team, most notably Italian striker Francesco Totti and coach Giovanni Trapattoni, suggested a conspiracy to eliminate Italy from the competition. [1] Trapattoni even obliquely accused that the official was ordered by FIFA to ensure a Korean victory so that one of the two host nations would remain in the tournament. [2] The most contentious decisions were an early penalty awarded to South Korea, a golden goal by Damiano Tommasi ruled offside, and a second yellow card shown to Francesco Totti for an alleged dive.[3]
    After the 2002 World Cup

In September 2002, Moreno, while a candidate in October elections for places on the Quito city council, was suspended for twenty matches[5] and investigated by Ecuadorian soccer authorities and FIFA[6] after a match he officiated between Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Quito and Barcelona Sporting Club from Guayaquil. With Liga de Quito trailing 3–2 at the end of the match, Moreno signalled six minutes of injury time, then allowed play to continue for thirteen minutes, during which Liga de Quito scored an equaliser in the 99th minute, then won the game in the 101st minute. Moreno was also accused of falsifying the minutes in which Liga de Quito scored their equalising and winning goals in his official match report.
    In May 2003, in his third game back from his suspension, Moreno was again suspended, for one match, after he sent off three players from visiting Deportivo Quito in a 1–1 draw at Deportivo Cuenca.[7] He retired the following month, blaming low performan
    ce marks for his retirement. Even after all this, he is still regarded as one of the worst referees to have ever been in the world cup.[8]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast