Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Potemy

Thread: Transfers

Transfers

Start them at he valuation price.

For example I had a player that I brought for £500k but because I was successful and went up his Value when I sold him had gone down therefore I made a loss and what's worse is he barely got sold on for his value.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has gone through this at the lower levels of the game, and it makes the game so annoying and frustrating. This particular player had improved ability wise in between me buying him and selling im too which is even more annoying.

It's nothing to do with you going up, he went down in value because he got older, his quality remained the same throughout. I don't see the point of starting them at their valuation price. Right now, the maximum we can set is 90% of their market value, which I do every time. If we were to adjust that to 100%, you would have bought him for more than $500k as well.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Yes but that I don't mind, It is the selling club getting ripped off everytime. Players should go for minimum their valuation it would be better for the selling club in the long run. for example say you buy a 18 year old striker for £500k (his valuation at the time of purchase), you then keep him for 4 years in which time his "Quality" goes up from 22 to 35. His valuation should then A. Not be lower because he is older, instead it should b more. Meaning that players valuation changes and subsequent transfer fee is higher instead of it being lower t was in my case.

Whereas the way it is at the moment the valuation goes down and there is little to no chance the player will be sold at or above his value meaning that, especially at lower levels, the club always makes a loss on that player. whereas if the transfer starts at his valuation there is a bigger chance that you will make a small profit on the transfer thus keeping the game realistic and keeping managers interested (I know some managers who run practically out of money and get bored with waiting as a result)

But you're losing less cash with the current method. Let's say his value was 500k and dropped to 400k, and we're allowed to set their price at 100% of their value, you'd have lost 100k, assuming only one bid was made both times. With the current system, we're only allow to set their price at 90%, so also assuming only one bid occurs during buying and selling, you would have bought for 450k and sold for 360k, meaning only a loss of 90k.

I agree that a player's value should rise earlier in their career, Ronaldo's certainly rose after a few seasons at United, but then of course their value should diminish after they hit their peak. There are also players who are hyped up as youths but fail to make it, meaning their value would decrease earlier. I think it'll be fine if players who progress at close to maximum training speed rise a little in value.

On that topic, I managed to get a lot of bargains this season, so I believe I'll be making a profit come the end of the season/beginning of next season.
    Dominucesca likes this.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Yes on a one bid basis you may every now and then lose out on the odd £10k here and there but most transfers I see have several people bidding on them therefore more often than not you will make a profit thus allowing more freedom to spend, this would lead to more people buying tokens too (more than likely) as they will have more money to invest in players which would be a good thing for Nordeus as well as us as players/customers especially in the long run.