Thread: Player Ratings

Apprentice

Player Ratings

I'd like to see 'In-Play Player Ratings' brought into the game. It very frustrating that you can't see who's playing well and who's having a stinker. Today I drew 1-1 in a game which I dominated. My winger scored a 4 and if I'd have known that during the game I'd have taken him off in the second half and brought on someone who could be more effective.

It's crap how you have to just guess who's playing well. There have been times where I've ended up bringing guys off who were playing well, because there were no ratings I didn't know that and as a result the sub wasn't as effective as the bloke who was on in the first place!

Sometimes ratings can give you a totally wrong image of what was happening in the match. But you can see from the involvement of a certain player is he playing well or not. The player who is constantly losing the ball and giving your opponent the counter attack should be subbed. A player that constantly can't get through his marker should also be subbed. But don't sub the player who wasn't mentioned in the live commentary at all. He can suddenly appear and do good things for you. That is the power of attending your matches. But if you are not attending your match, then I guess you will just have to pick a good starting 11 and hope for the best...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRedDevil View Post
    Sometimes ratings can give you a totally wrong image of what was happening in the match. But you can see from the involvement of a certain player is he playing well or not. The player who is constantly losing the ball and giving your opponent the counter attack should be subbed. A player that constantly can't get through his marker should also be subbed. But don't sub the player who wasn't mentioned in the live commentary at all. He can suddenly appear and do good things for you. That is the power of attending your matches. But if you are not attending your match, then I guess you will just have to pick a good starting 11 and hope for the best...
    It's been proven in the past though that players who are constantly mentioned in a negative way in comms can still actually get a good rating and vice versa...... So what do you believe?

It cannot be a coincidence that my top rated player is also the leagues top scorer.

I attend all my matches. If I didn't then in-play ratings wouldn't help would they.

For me it is different. Whenever my player does negative stuff he gets a 6 or a 5.
    I did sub one player that wasn't mentioned at all during 60 minutes and the commentary says "great match from him, he leaves the field" and he ends up with a 7 or even 8.
    But I personally don't look at the ratings much. I just make sure my team is in good condition and superb morale in every match...