Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison

Thread: Relegation

Relegation

I think there needs to be a relegation process aswell as promotion as in real life to make it more realistic/competitive. Maybe reduce the amount promoted to say 5/6 and relegate at least 2.

This already been discussed before, the problem is that If you would be relegated, you could buy a team full of 5* players near the 6th star in the last days of season, and in the next one you would one level lower with a team full of scouts near the 7th star.
    You might think this is ridiculous, but If some guys sell all there players at the end of the season and buy 3* players to get easyer CUP draws! you can bet someone would do this.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Not promoting *is* a lot like relegation, you don't get to be in the stronger League, your players don't lose stars, so they are like League 1 players in League 2 comparatively.. I doubt that will change.. that would complicate draws a lot.
    Maxtax likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    The pragmatic problem here is that it is not a straight line like in real life. By that I mean, in real life you have "League 2" <-> "League 1" <-> "League Championship" <-> "Premiership".

In this game the promotion players from many many leagues pool and re-sort into the next higher tier. So, it's more like "18 league 1's" -> "14 league 2's" -> "12 league 3's"...

If you were to add in relation to that system you would over complicate the rules. It would also cause havoc with abandoned and bot-controlled teams, namely really good teams ending up in league 1. This would turn off new players to the game as it would be highly likely that they end up in a really difficult league 1 with every opponent being a robot or abandoned team.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!