Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Restriction Of Special Abilities To Certain Positions Only Is Wrong

The Restriction Of Special Abilities To Certain Positions Only Is Wrong

Usually, ML, MR, AMC, AML and AMR are dribblers. How come this game does not allow dribbler special ability to attacking midfielders? Strikers can be dribblers too, but rarely central midfielders. In this game, most of the 'dribblers' are central midfielders. This is wrong.

The same thing for playmakers. MCs and AMCs are usually playmakers, but in this game, MC and DMC, DMR and DML only are playmakers. How come wingbacks are playmakers, but not attacking midfielders?

(No offence meant to anyone; I'm only showing where improvements could be made so that the game looks more realistic and better.)
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-23-2015 at 03:00 PM.
    Buffs Mad, Leon29 and Cat Harrison like this.

The restriction is probably more to do with the numbers of SAs - extending some would mean more choice up front and few choices at the back.

If they came up with 1 or 2 new Defensive ones I'd be in favour of extending some and making them more available. Dribbler should actually be open to all imo - I think Dribbler in particular is a good addition for ST.......

......but I would say that.

DR, DML Dribblers, gotta love that

But you have to agree that at least AMR and AML should be able to get the dribbler special ability, and the AMC should be able to get the playmaker special ability. Wingbacks should not be playmakers, but they can be dribblers.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Hmm, should and wrong are not words I'd use in this context. The game developers decide. Just like we can't have 6 flat across the midfield or other stuff, a line gets drawn. But.....

.....I would like freer choice with SAs. Some are position restricted like GK ones, some are likely to work only for some positions like 1-on-1 and Aerial Defence (so restrictions are needed to protect people from themselves) but most others could be free of restriction, including Dribbler....so yes I agree, but only if Defenders have more choice too.

Playmaker is just a name for a boost to passing, it doesn't redefine a players role afaik.

I want ST, AMR and AML with the dribbler special ability. (And I want the special ability to work; it should not be just visual.)

Wingers in real life are usually very good dribblers.

Last edited by Tactician; 07-23-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    First of all, "dribbler" sa should be something that you recognize in the game -
    which doesn't happening
    The only relative comment is "he passed one, then another ...", but this thing happening in every player, usually in my wingers and STs.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    First of all, "dribbler" sa should be something that you recognize in the game -
    which doesn't happening
    The only relative comment is "he passed one, then another ...", but this thing happening in every player, usually in my wingers and STs.
    Yes. 'he passed one', 'then another', 'only one to beat'

It would be great to have wingers that keep doing that, sort of Messi or Robben like.

The dribbling special ability on MCs is a joke though. How many central midfielders in real life are dribblers? It does not even fit in the way the game is played. Central midfielders are usually defensive players, playmakers or all-round players. Maybe this is why the special ability appears to do nothing in the game; it is on the wrong players.

Apprentice
    i have an amr with dribbling and he isn't spectacular so.....

14 games 4 goals 1 assist....

whereas my MC with dribbling 16 games, 12 goals 2 assists 0 yellow cards.
    Last edited by muskrat; 07-23-2015 at 06:33 PM.

This is descending into Commentary feedback rather than SA. Commentary sucks as far as management feedback goes.

Afaik Dribbler SA does not make a make a player dribble, it makes a player dribbler better IF he is dribbling (well better than he would without it, no guarantee of Good).

But back on topic, ATM trainable SAs are available as follows - 2 role specific for GK, 2 across the back line, 1 in DM roles, 2 across middle line, 1 in AM roles and 1 at ST.

Dribbler on ST would be nice - although I'd say that Dribbler on all players except DC & DMCs would be an even nicer balance. Then all roles would have access to a minumum 2 role restricted SAs. (Only DL & DC would have 3 - so maybe restricting AD to DCs would be good.)

Imo getting a better balabce on the roles available then allows for a better base for building to 'more for all'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast