Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players of my academy

Quote Originally Posted by Poker-32 View Post
    Well, it's just how you explain this of course.....
    In the real world players from the youth will also get a bonus/contract from the club where they gonna play, so the free player is just a bonus for your team, but the best player of the two will get a bonus himself (in this case the tokens).
    It's not that crazy, but I know what you mean.

For me it works fine this way, but getting 2 players for free is of course always nicer
    The real world piece that is missing is that if an Academy player doesn't fit your plans (wrong position, team full of better players, player would rather play somewhere else [which isn't a problem in the game]), a real world team can sell the players negotiating rights. That is not possible in the game unless you first sign the player to a pro contact and spend the tokens.

The Dev's justify the tokens (both for transfers and U21 signings) as "Managerial Influence" required to retain a player. It makes a certain amount of sense, except for the fact that an Academy player is already that club's property. Maybe you don't have the "Influence" to keep the player, but the asset is being taken away with no compensation to the club for developing the player. That doesn't happen in the real world.

For unsigned U21 players, managers should either get cash back for the players sale, a token kick back (either a percentage of the tokens used in the transfer or a fixed 3-5T "development fee" depending on the skill of the player), or be able to sell the player on the direct player transfer market with their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmldotca View Post
    i just got a 18 yo for 12 tokens 3 star but almost 4 star...that's deal of the century for me
    Made such deal last season, too. The guy had a quite high market value and so I let him train with the team until he reached 4* and then sold him. It was a far better deal than a money transfer. Tomorrow morning I will get my youth players for this season. Lets see if they could fit in my team.

About paying for own youths players I have the strategy to check if the better of both fits in my team and if the token price can be justified compared to auction prices (money + expected no. of tokens that I need to pay to aquire such a player). I agree that it is in many cases too high, but as already said there are cases where a good deal can be made.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

The "academy players" should be given in the begining of the new season and not at the end of it as in my case. Even if I decide to buy the first for 22/24T and the other one get for free, I dont have enough time to lvl them up before they lose 1*, Aaaaaarggg!!

Transfermarkt: CRAP, Scoutlist: CRAP and Academy Players: CRAP... EVERYTHING IS CRAP!
    Last edited by Ljepoje; 03-18-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker-32 View Post
    Well, it's just how you explain this of course.....
    In the real world players from the youth will also get a bonus/contract from the club where they gonna play, so the free player is just a bonus for your team, but the best player of the two will get a bonus himself (in this case the tokens).
    It's not that crazy, but I know what you mean.
    Wait a second!
    It is true, that in real life youngsters get certain bonus. OK. But if not contracted by their club, the club who paid for the academy still has the right to sell the player to another club (who then may or may not pay him a bonus.

So if it would be possible to sell a player from the academy without contracting him first, the system would be fine.

But the way it works now, that a level 8 team consisting of mainly 5,6,7 star players get's a 1 and a 3 star player which both are totally unuseable for the team (except if deciding to invest huge amount of token in either personal trainer or a mediumterm training program with a lot of restpacks used) is simply NOT correct. I pay for enhancing the academy, get a player that isnt worth the money I could buy for the number of token he costs, so I let him go and another team get's him on an auction for practicly nothing.... that's not fair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12