Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By drud
  • 1 Post By cookizzz

Thread: Change the league: Relegation zone, EL and only top 4 promoted

Change the league: Relegation zone, EL and only top 4 promoted

The current league system have some issues in my opinion. It’s based on my first 6 seasons on TE. I know that parts of my suggestion have been posted earlier, but never put together as a total change combined (both relegation and EL).

• Leagues are missing a relegation zone.
    • Too many teams are promoted, which do not give you time to develop the team.
    • Missing qualification for an Europe League cup.

My suggestion goes for a change of that. New league system could be;
    • Top 4 are promoted, and gets champions league.
    • The next 4, places 5 to 8, stays in current league, but gets into Europe league.
    • The bottom 2 are relegated to a lower league, no extra competition for them.
    • The rest stays in current league, no extra competition for them.

Europe league should have the same structure as CHL, same number of teams and played on the same days and so on. Since one team cannot be in both CHL and EL, there is no conflict between these.

The change would make the league more challenging, since you need to be top 4 to get promoted. However, the next 4 will get EL, where they in the current system get none. This will provide them with further funds, and another season at same level to develop their team to make it strong enough for promotion in the next season.

In the current system, where you are promoted so easy, you do not actually get time to develop your team. With each promotion, you can buy better players – but you cannot progress your own players as fast (without a lot of rest packs). Without promotion, you will get more seasons at the same level, giving you more time to actually develop the players you have and use them – instead of just buying new players and only use them for one or two seasons.
    I find it more satisfying if you could develop the young players over a couple of seasons, making your team strong enough for promotion, than just keep buying players each season.

Funds for developing your team, and buying the young expensive players, should mostly be from league, CHL and EL – and a lot less from the cup (since you easily could risk an early knock out). Therefore, in the same change, I suggest that prize money in the cup is lowered, while the prize money for the rest of the competitions is pushed up.
    Duncton likes this.

Famous
    I support promoting top 4 teams only. This can make the league more challenging. Moreover, the lives of those managers who like tanking will be far easier. They can really rest in their tanking season. Furthermore, I also like a system which encourage teams to develop some of their players, especially academy players for long term use. But I don't think Nordeus will consider this because teams will less frequently change their players and will buy less tokens.

Personally I don't like adding new competition. If new one should be added, I prefer that it will be no group stage. Then manager can try quit assp if they want. I really want to rest more in some seasons. Usually 2 matches in every 2 days is sufficient for me though I have full squad.

Relegation have many difficulties to implement. It can be very unfair to original or promoted teams because relegated teams had rights to buy high quality players through auctions and bring them down 1 level. I don't support to implement this. Many managers and I had make some suggestions before. I am lazy to repeat them now. Simply speaking, I hope relegated teams must be punished e.g. some players should be forced to increase salary or to be sold under relegation release clause.

I don't agree widening the prize gap between Cup and league/CL. It is big enough. Even though I usually play about 3 or 4 levels higher Cup, the prize of Cup is still significantly lower than those of league /CL that I neglect these.

Though I don't fully support your suggestions, I appreciate your well considered proposal.
    Arion likes this.

I agree with the challenge of relegation - what should happen to the team?

Just too let the team be relegated could be a too strong team for the lower league. Maybe a check, that players that have higher Q than it's possible to buy in the new league, will loose Q to match the level.
    Players that are lower Q than you can buy at the relegated level, could just be the same.

Prize gap seems pretty high, at my level I could earn a lot more from cup than CHL and league.
    Total prize earnings for going all the in all competetions are:
    CUP: 37,57m
    CHL: 17,84m
    League: 17,58m

So for prize money, the cup alone can provide more money than league and CHL combined ! So I can't recall the picture you describe, where cup prizes are lower than CHL and League.

For reference, I'm at level 6 (league and CHL) - cup would be guessed to be level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by drud View Post
    The current league system have some issues in my opinion. It’s based on my first 6 seasons on TE. I know that parts of my suggestion have been posted earlier, but never put together as a total change combined (both relegation and EL).

• The next 4, places 5 to 8, stays in current league, but gets into Europe league.

Europe league should have the same structure as CHL, same number of teams and played on the same days and so on. Since one team cannot be in both CHL and EL, there is no conflict between these.

The change would make the league more challenging, since you need to be top 4 to get promoted. However, the next 4 will get EL, where they in the current system get none. This will provide them with further funds, and another season at same level to develop their team to make it strong enough for promotion in the next season.

In the current system, where you are promoted so easy, you do not actually get time to develop your team. With each promotion, you can buy better players – but you cannot progress your own players as fast (without a lot of rest packs). Without promotion, you will get more seasons at the same level, giving you more time to actually develop the players you have and use them – instead of just buying new players and only use them for one or two seasons.
    I find it more satisfying if you could develop the young players over a couple of seasons, making your team strong enough for promotion, than just keep buying players each season.

Funds for developing your team, and buying the young expensive players, should mostly be from league, CHL and EL – and a lot less from the cup (since you easily could risk an early knock out). Therefore, in the same change, I suggest that prize money in the cup is lowered, while the prize money for the rest of the competitions is pushed up.
    It's a fantastic idea. But more than half teams get into a third competition. And I'll want the top and bottom three to be relegated to create the balance.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by drud View Post

Hi,

I like this suggestion,since it should help to have leagues grouped by almost similar quality level , and to redistribute number of teams for each level in a more rational way.

Of course relegation should operate a downgrade (+1 star added). Teams remaining in the same level have no changes,while promoted teams would have the classical upgrade (-1 star).

I suppose Cup competititon remains the same as now