Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Amount of players.

Rookie

Amount of players.

Happy new 4th of februar everyone!

Every team can sign up to 22 players. I think this is a good number ofcourse.
    My idea is that this will be the same but that anyone can't have more then 24 players max.

I see in my competition that many people buy very very weak players to put their overal team quality much lower then it actually is.
    Example: one who have a quality of about 78 will buy free agents and put their quality below 75 to get in an easy competition next season.

I think with this system you can't have a fair competition/cup/CL draw.

What you guys think of maximum 24 players?
    Last edited by Corona; 02-04-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    Darren Power likes this.

Famous
    I need some clarifications for your proposal.

First, do you mean setting the maximum number of brought but not yet signed players are 2? So that the number of players is 22+2?

If yes, the flexibility that I am enjoying will be limited. But I dislike but do not strongly object.

Second, do you think some managers buy weak players, leave them unsigned (because they have full squad), and enjoy lowering team quality?

It do not rule out the possibility that competition drawings are affected but I personally do not believe. The manager herself will see that the team average quality is lowered as the qualities of new weak players are calculated. However, when another manager view this team, the average quality will not be affected by those unsigned players because their qualities are excluded in calculation. So it is quite possible that unsigned players are not considered in some situations.

Rookie
    Yes exaclty so 22+2 non signed yet. Ofcourse for flexibility maybe it can be 22+3 if that would be better.

And yes I do think so. Why would they otherwise buy free agent players to weaken their team? If you are a token buyer/farmer, then buying 8-10 weak free agents is not a problem. They will get rid of the players when the drawings are completed.

Personally I think the drawings is about average quality. When u get drawn in a competition Most players are somewhere about your level +-1 quality. Sometimes in cup or CL you have a bad draw and you are with stronger opponents.

What I mean is, if you lowering your average quality. the chances you get put up with people with same low quality is big. Ofcourse the players see you have a much better team, but the system i think just looks at quality first.

Famous
    Thanks for clarification. I am neutral to your suggestion.

Though sometimes I hold several unsigned players, 22+2 or 22+3 squad size limit are acceptable to me.

Qualities of unsigned players should have no effect on cup drawings because only top 14 players are considered. For league or CL drawings, have you verified that qualities of unsigned players really affect?

As I imagine, it is rather hard to check or prove. I need to observe qualities of a team and at least some of its opponents in same competition, check qualities of those "weak players" being sold or released by the concerned team after competition drawings in order to estimate its true average overall qualities before competition drawings. Such a team should be my friend or myself in order to obtain these information.

22 is fine but ive seen alot of teams deploy this strategy ,to great effect i might add but in my own opinion if i wanted a half crap n half good team id do it but each season ill pick bout 4 players that wont play till next season only power train,this too could be considered cheating yet its what a manager really does...to bring on players that turn out excellent(Morata below,as is Gotze are prime examples ive had since both were 18) is just a tactic like the extreme one you mentioned

Amount of players.-csk5.jpg
    Corona likes this.

Rookie
    @cookizzz thanks for replying.

How you mean top14 players are considered for cup? Everyone plays in the cup right?

For League and CL drawings;

At the start of each League draw, you see The qualities of teams in a range of your own. for example: your quality is 33, then probably those drawn into your Leaugue are close to your own avarage quality, If you buy lots of crap players your avarage quality will drop EVEN if you didn't sign them.

I Have 22 players in my team. I bought a crappy player to support my case and my overal avarage did drop.
    So lets say your quality is 33 with those crappy players. Then at the beginning of next season you get rid of them all.. your quality for example wont be 33 to but 36 suddenly. Your opponents still are around 33 who didn't use this "tactic" So you have a major advantage over them.

For CL drawing. I agree only top 4 players get into it CL drawing. But again and especially in lower levels. Managers who don't feel like playing this game anymore still can get nr 4 in a low level. with overal qualities around 14 or so. You apply the ""tactic"" of buying crappy players and selling them after next season draw, you probably get put up with those players instead of serieus managers who have qualities around 17 that time.

@Darren Power

Thanks for your reply and that you also see this happening.

But having 4 players u dont use, but train, means u signed them and are part of your team. that's slightly different then having 22+10 weak players for drawing influences.
    Darren Power likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona View Post
    @cookizzz thanks for replying.

How you mean top14 players are considered for cup? Everyone plays in the cup right?
    You will notice this if you read more posts in this forum. As I understand, the average quality of only the top 14 players at season beginning will be considered for grouping teams into the same cup.

For League and CL drawings;

At the start of each League draw, you see The qualities of teams in a range of your own. for example: your quality is 33, then probably those drawn into your Leaugue are close to your own avarage quality, If you buy lots of crap players your avarage quality will drop EVEN if you didn't sign them.

I Have 22 players in my team. I bought a crappy player to support my case and my overal avarage did drop.
    So lets say your quality is 33 with those crappy players. Then at the beginning of next season you get rid of them all.. your quality for example wont be 33 to but 36 suddenly. Your opponents still are around 33 who didn't use this "tactic" So you have a major advantage over them.

For CL drawing. I agree only top 4 players get into it CL drawing. But again and especially in lower levels. Managers who don't feel like playing this game anymore still can get nr 4 in a low level. with overal qualities around 14 or so. You apply the ""tactic"" of buying crappy players and selling them after next season draw, you probably get put up with those players instead of serieus managers who have qualities around 17 that time.
    I am not sure about the detail method of league or CL drawings. For league, average quality is likely the most important factor for drawing, but there should be some other factors which makes one or two teams with significant lower and higher quality being grouped to the same league of other similar quality teams. Counting qualities of players outside 22 team squad can be an explanation but personally I don't think so.

BTW, do you know that the average quality of your team on viewing by yourself is different from that on viewing from other teams? For example, assume that your team have 24 players, including unsigned 2 players with far lower quality comparing with other players, and the overal average quality you noticed is 33q. If your friend view your team profile, he may find that you have 22 players only and your average quality is probably 35q. That's why I am not sure if the average team quality viewed by ourselves is the value used for drawing.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 02-05-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    Corona likes this.

Rookie
    @Cookizzz thanks for replying again

Sure average quality is the most important factor. However sometimes a better, or weaker team is drawn into your competition. Usually it are teams with similar qualities. Counting unsigned players can be an explenation why a much better team is drawn into your competition, it is just strange your avarage quality will drop wwhen u buy unsigned players.

I was kind of aware by that fact. I had players bidding on transfermarket for cheap free players. when they bought them i coudlnt find them in their team. I think this is a good topic for investigation lol

I would like to know the truth. I hope you are right, that it doesnt affect the drawings. But if it does, I see a huge error in the game.
    cookizzz likes this.

I would rather have a reserve youth squad, than additional to the 22 signed squad
    Corona likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    @Cookizzz thanks for replying again

Sure average quality is the most important factor. However sometimes a better, or weaker team is drawn into your competition. Usually it are teams with similar qualities. Counting unsigned players can be an explenation why a much better team is drawn into your competition, it is just strange your avarage quality will drop wwhen u buy unsigned players.
    In my opinion, this can explain that strong teams included in low quality league, but cannot explain weak teams included in high quality league. In my experience, most of these abnormal teams do not change significantly after league drawings. The strong team may release or sold their weak unsigned players and so its active players have no big change. However, it is quite weird that those weak teams do not sign those high quality players to replace current players.

I was kind of aware by that fact. I had players bidding on transfermarket for cheap free players. when they bought them i coudlnt find them in their team. I think this is a good topic for investigation lol

I would like to know the truth. I hope you are right, that it doesnt affect the drawings. But if it does, I see a huge error in the game.
    It is quite difficult to investigate ourselves. Some information required should be obtained from our own teams or our friends' teams. I have already given to study the method of drawing. Personally I prefer pure random drawings for all competitions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast