Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Competition for 4-7 place! :D

UEFA Cup for 5-7th League rankings.
    Also, 3rd place in Champions League should go on for the knock-out phase of UEFA Cup.
    Lastly, players of Champions League and UEFA Cups should be able to see both competitions regardless of the one they actually play, like a connection between the competitions and the winners should play for the Super Cup in day 1 or 2 of the new season, just like in real football.
    (Would be better if the stats stay the same and the health of players is at maximum to be more fair, full strength for just that 1 match.)
    Last edited by Aris Vardakas; 07-14-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Aris Vardakas View Post
    UEFA Cup for 5-7th League rankings.
    Also, 3rd place in Champions League should go on for the knock-out phase of UEFA Cup.
    Lastly, players of Champions League and UEFA Cups should be able to see both competitions regardless of the one they actually play, like a connection between the competitions and the winners should play for the Super Cup in day 1 or 2 of the new season, just like in real football.
    (Would be better if the stats stay the same and the health of players is at maximum to be more fair, full strength for just that 1 match.)
    I am neutral any suggestion on new competition. I just want to discuss competition design.

Super Cup between traditional Cup & CL winners cannot be simply implemented because of different numbers of winners. But Super Cup between CL & UEFA winner is possible.

No. of CL group stage 3rd placed team is one third of those teams directly participate UEFA (5th -7th place in league in previous season). Suppose UEFA group stage with 3 teams per group, and one team advance to playoff quarter final to face CL Gp stage 3rd place team.

With this structure, no.of CL and UEFA winners will be equal. In such UEFA, there is one playoff round less than CL, so there are 2 matches less. The UEFA group stage also has 2 matches less. So teams playing UEFA will have more day off than teams playing Cup or CL before they are knocked out.

Comparing with UEFA, traditional Cup is more difficult to win. It may not be fair to arrange UEFA winner instead of traditional Cup winner to play Super Cup.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    It was about a month when we saw this
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...mpetition.html
    So I suppose they 're working at this project (but maybe technical issues with asc. competition left the business unfinished).
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I am neutral any suggestion on new competition. I just want to discuss competition design.

Super Cup between traditional Cup & CL winners cannot be simply implemented because of different numbers of winners. But Super Cup between CL & UEFA winner is possible.

No. of CL group stage 3rd placed team is one third of those teams directly participate UEFA (5th -7th place in league in previous season). Suppose UEFA group stage with 3 teams per group, and one team advance to playoff quarter final to face CL Gp stage 3rd place team.

With this structure, no.of CL and UEFA winners will be equal. In such UEFA, there is one playoff round less than CL, so there are 2 matches less. The UEFA group stage also has 2 matches less. So teams playing UEFA will have more day off than teams playing Cup or CL before they are knocked out.

Comparing with UEFA, traditional Cup is more difficult to win. It may not be fair to arrange UEFA winner instead of traditional Cup winner to play Super Cup.
    Super cup should be played with the winners of CL and UEFA. Not the winner of the existing traditional cup... As I mentioned above, there should be a connection between CL and UEFA competitions. The traditional cup should have nothing to do with this. The timing between the 2 after the group phase could be arranged I suppose... if not, could make it only for the 1st of a group to qualify to the knock-out stage and meet the 3rd of the CL's group stage there.
    As for the challenge, you are right. Traditional cup is harder to win, but in real life we got the UEFA super cup from the winners of CL and Europa League.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Aris Vardakas View Post
    Super cup should be played with the winners of CL and UEFA. Not the winner of the existing traditional cup... As I mentioned above, there should be a connection between CL and UEFA competitions. The traditional cup should have nothing to do with this. The timing between the 2 after the group phase could be arranged I suppose... if not, could make it only for the 1st of a group to qualify to the knock-out stage and meet the 3rd of the CL's group stage there.
    As for the challenge, you are right. Traditional cup is harder to win, but in real life we got the UEFA super cup from the winners of CL and Europa League.
    I don't have firm standpoint on these. Here're just direct feelings.

Frankly, I don't prefer arranging extra matches for 5th to 7th teams. Some managers may prefer less workload and want to quit less important competitions asap. They may quit Cup after 2 matches before league starts, but they need to play more UEFA Cup if there is a group stage. So I weakly object.

A new UEFA like cup is fine. But I don't think T11 Super Cup is meaningful. I also think real world Super Cup is not meaningful. However, I like your concept of connection of a pair of UEFA & CL Cup. This brings some meanings to Super Cup.

If a T11 Super Cup is not very meaningful. I don't prefer giving extra burden to Nordeus staff on Day 1 or Day 2 provided that they have busy manual jobs on arranging leagues on season day 1 or 2. So I basically object for any new T11 Super CUp.

The game T11 can never be fully realistic. I don't try to fight for this. There are many unrealistic areas, good or not. For example, the magic or red/green/blue packs, injuries limited to one per match, Cup winners have no right to play CL, etc. As long as the core parts of T11 well runs and those imperfect areas reasonably and smoothly run, it is fine.

I like T11 as a simple football management game. This attracts many managers to play for several years. I notice that it is evolving to a more complicate game. New idea like Association competition is very good. But the character or culture of this game also quickly change.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 07-15-2016 at 05:15 AM.

like most of the idea but adding more matches is too much. what t11 is missing, is point and ranking like in the assc fa.
    having a trophy cabinet is nice you can showcase you achievement bt point and ranking is better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12