Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Tyltyl
  • 2 Post By Jeeves
  • 1 Post By LeManiaque

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Chapecoense Logo and Jersey for charity

Chapecoense Logo and Jersey for charity

Back in 2011 after the Tsunami in Japan I remember buying japanese hats, helms and bandanas in Team Fortress 2, and the proceeds went to charity.

Would it be possible for Nordeus to give a % of the earnings from token purchases to charity, and give Chapecoense Logo and Jersey to whoever buys tokens? Or also, make a separate option to whoever wants to do it for charity.
    I would certainly buy some and maybe would incentivize people too.
    LeManiaque, Bunzo, Jeeves and 2 others like this.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    That's a wonderful suggestion Tyltyl.

We did think about this, a free emblem/jersey of Chapecoense FC or a charity driven sale of the items in question. It is a wonderful and sincere way to show acknowledgement for the horrendous tragedy that hit the world of football, and share our condolences.

Unfortunately we won't be able to do this due to legal reasons. It not an option to just add Chapecoense's symbols in to the game. It could happen in the future but not right now as it takes a lot of time to negotiate such matters and... not to mention with the unfortunate turn of events, signing of any contracts for club representation and such is one of the last things that is on the minds of people right now.

I myself would love to see this happen. It is a good way to pay our respect to the athletes of Chapecoense and all else who perished in this accident.

I hope all of you understand Nordeus's position.
    LeManiaque and Bunzo like this.

Famous
    I'm not sure that a pro club has a charitable need, unlike a natural disaster. Absolutely no disrespect meant, just a logistical difference.

It would be amazing for Nordeus to work charitably. Let me broaden the original suggestion:
    Nordeus brings a new charitable item to the store each month, with a different or rotating charity receiving some of those sales. Designing/ licensing a jersey for Medicins sans Frontiers could be easier than a FIFA license. Buy a limited edition charitable item once, or commit to a "charity club" membership monthly and get a small red blue green token pack as a bonus, donate to charity. You know it would be a social success.

The recent England, Wales Poppies debate had me thinking this direction.
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 12-01-2016 at 02:50 PM.

"The recent England Wales Poppies debate had me thinking this direction."

It was England & Scotland

Wales did not have the nerve to upset FIFA

Famous
    Sorry mate, I read too much news to keep it all precise. Besides, Wales-Serbia was part of the scenario, and they've worn them before (opting for less controversial black bands this round, but still facing penalties...). Don't forget NI...
    Bunzo likes this.

I understand everyone's point, but charity is not necessarily to be shown to the team itself, but to the families of the victims of the plane disaster (players and civilians), or also to associations that take care of victims of disasters.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Famous
    Btw, if anyone hasn't seen this picture. Heartbreaking, so tragic. The teammates who didn't travel with the team.

Attachment 74055

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyltyl View Post
    I understand everyone's point, but charity is not necessarily to be shown to the team itself, but to the families of the victims of the plane disaster (players and civilians), or also to associations that take care of victims of disasters.
    If you know of a specific organization that is supporting this effort, maybe you can share it here for anyone individually to give. Otherwise, yes there are always charitable organizations and NGOs in need and let's all continue to encourage Nordeus to work with them creatively.