Thread: Reduce Qualifying Teams for the NIVEA SUPER LEAGUE

Reduce Qualifying Teams for the NIVEA SUPER LEAGUE

4 teams qualifying for the Super League is an awful lot of teams. It's crazy when 8 of 14 (over 50%) clubs in a league qualify for an European competition. Qualifying teams for the Super League should be trimmed to just 1, or at most, 2. Makes losing out of the Super League more painful and bestows upon it some dignity. Left to me though, only 5th placed teams would qualify for the NM Super League.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 12-17-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I disagree. That makes the league more interesting (specially in the latest rounds) and gives a "breath" in finances of weaker teams.
    So far it works with no bugs (except the different levels of participants) , so why to go back again ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I disagree. That makes the league more interesting (specially in the latest rounds) and gives a "breath" in finances of weaker teams.
    So far it works with no bugs (except the different levels of participants) , so why to go back again ?
    Breath in finances? Participation in the NMSL isn't exactly very financially rewarding. Gives much less cash than the CL. And I fail to see how over 50% of teams in a league qualifying for privileged competitions makes the league interesting.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    comparing to previous situation, this income is better than nothing the teams from 5th-8th position got.
    Also we had the issue with teams that (after realizing that they didn't have a hope to promote to CH.L.) was trying to lost games and stay on purpose in the same level.
    This can cause abnormal results for the top competitors.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    comparing to previous situation, this income is better than nothing the teams from 5th-8th position got.
    Also we had the issue with teams that (after realizing that they didn't have a hope to promote to CH.L.) was trying to lost games and stay on purpose in the same level.
    This can cause abnormal results for the top competitors.
    Well, if a person wants to lose games on purpose to remain in the same league, why stop them? Must the admins of the game attempt to control every single event?

If a team loses out on the CL and refuses to make the NVSL as well, then so be it. They live to try again. Remember, I'm not calling for a scrapping of the SL. Only a reduction in the number of qualifying teams to make it more prestigious.