Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Gabez Teh
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Bunzo
  • 1 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin
  • 2 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 1 Post By talisman

Thread: INSTEAD OF UNBALANCED CUP plz draw balanced cup! (not level)

Famous

Thumbs up INSTEAD OF UNBALANCED CUP plz draw balanced cup! (not level)

I don't care levels... i care %'s

Here is my quick top5 % teams are distributed this way!

Currently visiting level23

higher bracket top5:

lower bracket:
    138.9 (lev22, that's 160ish in his level)
    115.6 (ME!)
    119.3 (lev22 team too!)

These percents viewed by when i click to the team directly, i don't know which is more precise... when i see from "vs" or direct clicking? whatevs

Fair? NOT! FIRST TIME happening? NOT! I've had enough... PLEASE MOI! Forward this to devs!

THANK YOU!

And i feel this happening not just with me...

ps: the higher 113% guy was laughing obviously when he/she saw the draw... easy walk for final... until i have to fight with power teams for only just REACHING the final! .... so pathetic...
    ps2: ooh and i almost forgot! why don't distribute the 140% guy in +2 cup (and CL) for fair draw?
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 04-03-2017 at 07:17 AM.
    Altiplano and pcmacdaniel like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    with the new Cup draw, the max is +1 lv opponents.
    So a strong team of lv22 has lv23 opponents, right ?
    And if this team has 8*-9* , it's still powerful for the 23lv teams (seeing him as a 7*-8* team).
    The thing is that 90% of the managers were suggesting that the Cup must have max +1 lv difference (for years now )
    So what Moi could forward to the devs ? Bring back the old system ?
    pcmacdaniel and Gabez Teh like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

The Cup draw is fine now it´s the Champions League draw that´s screwed now
    Gabez Teh likes this.

Addicted
    i think Gabez is like his profile's picture , always complaining for something lol ....

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I actually find no fun in fighting the same opponents level all the time, I do prefer random opponents.

The cup is not about the same level or same quality, it never was, the CUP have to be unfair but the trick with the CUP is to make you to be at the lowest but also at the highest quality from time to time.

Take the CUP system from any country you want, you won't found a fair competition because CUP is not about being fair, CUP is about making the impossible possible with only one try.
    Gabez Teh likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Famous
    This new cup draw is a symptom of an even greater problem, which probably needs to be addressed! Tanking.

Tanking has always been around, but recent changes to the game (new cup draw, associations, SL/CL winner qualifies automatically) encourage tanking more than ever before. So just implement a quality ceiling.

If quality > X and finished not in top 8 = Promote
    If quality < X and finished not in top 8 = Repeat Level

I don't see a problem with a 6* or low 7* team repeating the level, but if a team is at 160% and repeating the level, like Gabez opponent I'm assuming, that's just absurd.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-05-2017 at 03:06 AM.
    Gabez Teh and Altiplano like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    with the new Cup draw, the max is +1 lv opponents.
    So a strong team of lv22 has lv23 opponents, right ?
    And if this team has 8*-9* , it's still powerful for the 23lv teams (seeing him as a 7*-8* team).
    The thing is that 90% of the managers were suggesting that the Cup must have max +1 lv difference (for years now )
    So what Moi could forward to the devs ? Bring back the old system ?
    YOU ARE dodging the point and jumping the part that is maybe irrelevant my friend! Ok i could accept that +1 max right! BUT!

MY TOPIC and post point is the "unbalanced brackets"

Head back and read it again! i meet this problem AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN! The drawing system STUFFING better teams higher or lower whatevs IN ONE LANE! we better teams struggling for final while one or max. two "good" teams laughing at us on another LANE...

GUYS! forget my +1 whine this is what i WANT to change! PLZ!

Thank you!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    The Cup draw is fine now it´s the Champions League draw that´s screwed now
    @ my server @ my level IS NOT FINE!

i could bring 5-6 better teams sitting @ MY lower bracket than 2nd strongest team in higher bracket .... SO LAME! (as is said i meet this problem not first time, not second, not third... it's getting boring...)

and as i said (again) this topic's main purpose to stop this nonsense...

I think I'll have to disagree with Gabez here. The whole idea of the Cup is to pit your side against other teams of all sorts of levels and quality.

What they could do is take a leaf out of the English FA Cup system:

When a minnow team starts out at the 1st Qualifying Round, they're playing against teams from their local area, and of a +/- 1 Level. As they proceed, the higher level teams join in at about the 3rd Qualifying Round and they all go until the end of the Qualifying Rounds and then the League teams pitch in at the 1st Round proper, and then the gloves are off.

So, for example a Western League Premier team (Level 9 in the Pyramid) could play a team from their own division or the Western League Division 1 (Level 10) or Southern League Division 1 (Level 8) in the 1st Qual, if they win then they could possibly play a Southern League Premier team (Level 7), and then up to National League Premier (Level 5) in Qualifying Rounds 3 and 4. In the Rounds Proper, the Football League Divisions 1 and 2 join in (Levels (3/4), and at the 3rd Round Proper, The Premier League and Championship (Levels 1/2) are included.

So what we could have in TE is the first couple of rounds in the Cup being against teams of your own Level, and then from the Quarter-Final onwards, you could mix in teams from +/- 1 or 2 Levels to make the later rounds more interesting.
    Pjkeogh likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...