Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert Sappl

Thread: Relegation, promotion

Relegation, promotion

Why don't the last three or four relegate? This would first bring a juicy relegation battle and also help to reload if your team has some weak seasons and really must go. And this would be much more close to real life. because these relegated teams could be very strong in the below league and makes it suspensful. It doesn't make sense and it is boring to leave them in this level for decades to be cannon fodder for the others.
    And too many teams are promoted. For me, only the four CL qualifiers are more than enough.
    The promoted teams who can play CL are more qualified to the next level than Nivea teams and may not struggle so much in the next league. Also, this is more close to reality.
    manoc1992 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    sorry, I didn't understand your suggestion.
    What do you propose for the 14 places of the League ?

* btw, remember that in the higher levels of every server, there are teams which repeat the same lv because there aren't enough promoted teams to complete a full next lv league
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Ok, simplified: There are too many promoted teams to the next level up, (4 is enough) and no relegated teams to the next level down but it should be 3-4

ok, then this is an issue you know
    * btw, remember that in the higher levels of every server, there are teams which repeat the same lv because there aren't enough promoted teams to complete a full next lv league
    at higher levels, there aren't enough teams, they repeat the same season, they 're playing in CH.L. and Cup with much higher levels cause there aren't enough teams from the same lv and the market is dead.
    So your suggestion gonna make the things worst.

Then there are too many levels. Reduce the number of "high levels" and merge. Anyhow one additional fact the ghost teams you win 7:0 or so are frustrating. The league reduces to 4-6 challengung games you have to win, and they are always the same opponents of the recent seasons. The others are useless thats sad.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    ok, then this is an issue you know

at higher levels, there aren't enough teams, they repeat the same season, they 're playing in CH.L. and Cup with much higher levels cause there aren't enough teams from the same lv and the market is dead.
    So your suggestion gonna make the things worst.
    So couldn't the game "recognise" active players from lower levels and offer an incentive for them to level up more than one level to help fill higher levels with active teams.
    Something along the lines of: Congratulations manager you've won your league so we would like to offer you the opportunity to rise 3 levels. If you choose to accept the new challenge we'll give you 150 tokens, 500 million dollars and 150 rest packs to help you on your way at your new higher level. Oh and your current squad won't lose a star this season!!!
    Ok, some managers won't want to lose out on the possibility of trophies by jumping levels. But there will be others who would accept the challenge of going up more than 1 level if the incentives were there. No?

no, there is nothing attractive to play in the higher levels now with the current situation.
    check this post of Meis for example

This is my 80+ seasons. I've long given up CL and Cup competitions. It wasn't like this in the good old days.
    It's IMPOSSIBLE for a team like myself with 6 star to beat 8 or 9 star teams.
    * from here https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...er-levels.html

There is solution but it's not that.
    Merging the servers and creating new ones for teams above lv40 for example is a good one.

but I don't know, difficult
    too much work for a very small "target" group.

Famous
    Ok. So if there is nothing attractive about playing at higher levels why do those of us at lower levels continue to play? Discuss.
    Saw the post from Meis, and even at level 23 I can sympathise. Already I'm tired of trying to compete against +1 level teams in cup and champions league.
    The only thing that stops me tanking next season is the future inability to play against the teams that have progressed at the same rate as myself. We become fewer and fewer as the seasons pass, but we are joined by teams that have tanked in previous seasons, these then, over time become respected rivals.
    The endless ladder needs a revamp. And I thoroughly agree that the most logical way would be to merge servers. I have absolutely no idea what a server is, how it functions or why mergers have not happened before now.
    Hope that something progressive and not just cosmetic happens soon.