Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Restoring faith in T11

Famous

Restoring faith in T11

Even if I do not share (and by miles !) all the concerns developped every day on this forum, I must confess that some facts are a bit confusing. And as I am most of times angry at people who are complaining after a LOSS, I will complain after a WIN. The other day, I faced my league leader in cup 1/4 with my second team. He is currently flying and I faced his 4-4-2 with my 4-5-1V. We are of similar quality and usually, this results in a victory for me without much effort. We both played the match and... surprise, he wins 3-1 away !!. Eventhough, his victory was a bit lucky stats-wise, I decided this was the end of the road for my reserve and did not even prepare nor watched the return on his field. And... I won 3-0 ! He was there, same tactics on both side, no bonus for me. IMO, this is totally ridiculous. I never made any stats, but I am convinced that I had better results away than at home in 3 years at this game. Why is that ? This is completely stupid. I think it would not take a world-class programmer to change that. In every country in the world, playing at home confers a HUGE advantage that should be made visible in this game. On top of that, would it be too difficult to give a REAL advantage to those who watch the games and prepare their teams ? Or is this a strategic decision from Nodeus that results in a real advantage given to the less active ? A kind of bait at the expenses of those who make the game alive.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Conspiracy theories :
    Nordeus day by day reduces the advantage of a manager who 's watching his games.
    After some time (which maybe is near), watching your games is a disadvantage.
    Then you stop watching your games
    and then they introduce the new season of 2 weeks and 4 games per day
    USARABAT and Jean.Monico like this.

Gizzmo better late than never. Welcome to the troll family. Just jk
    gizzmo likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    wrong, his oppo got trolled
    lol
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Well, I initially was very happy with this result but after a while, I felt really sorry for him. I would have been very angry in his position. And he does not even know that I did not practice nor choose my players carefully...
    Last edited by gizzmo; 07-12-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Restoring faith in T11

I am 3rd in my league, home game today against the team bottom with 1 point all season. I attended with everything set perfectly, the usual scenario, 15% bonus etc, oppo manager no show. I lost 1-2. Top trolling. I actually laughed at the outcome. I am now fully CONVINCED that watching your games is a disadvantage these days.

KFC Loella
    Level 45
    USARABAT likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    I am now fully CONVINCED that watching your games is a disadvantage these days.
    Well, I am not completely sure about that. Except for the last 3 seasons (where I tanked because of my agenda), I watched 95% of my games for a pretty good record. What is almost certain, is that the game behaves differently whether you attend a game or not. In some cases, I am almost certain I would have lost if I had failed to watch. But in others, it was obvious that the game was teasing me and making my life difficult on purpose (the kind of games where you have 60% quality advantage and lead by 30 shots to 5 just to win 1-0 against an oppo with 4 players out of position). This season my second team is performing very well in all 3 competitions against oppo hugely superior on paper. And I watch all the games. Maybe my oppo felt frustrated about that. But I think I chose the right players with the right tactic when they did not. And I am happy that the game did not just decide I was going to lose just because they have more stars.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 07-12-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    HairDryer and dave1311 like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    Conspiracy theories :
    Nordeus day by day reduces the advantage of a manager who 's watching his games.
    After some time (which maybe is near), watching your games is a disadvantage.
    Then you stop watching your games
    and then they introduce the new season of 2 weeks and 4 games per day

If this suggestion ( 2 games per week ) will allow the devs to make better challenging game I agree...

I'm new to this game, i'm a level 3 manager..

But one thing I noted is that I win much more often as visitor.

In Cup and Champions, when facing a similar level opponent, I know that if I lost my Home game 1-0 or 2-0, then I will win the bracket, ussually my Away game will be 4-0 ir similar.

And I've lost several games playing ar Home that I shouldn't have Lost.

Maybe real teams should try this approach too!
    Send the players to the field and let the manager at home.
    If nobody screams on players or make formation changes, maybe they can play more comfortably and better ^^
    USARABAT likes this.
    --
    I am playing against the randomness. And the randomness is winning by far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast