Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anquilis
  • 1 Post By Anquilis

Thread: Contract Negotiations

Talking Contract Negotiations

irl, we see many players that are not happy at their clubs, and decide to move on,
    to ruin there careers, or sit on another bench somewhere.

In TE, we see players not complaining about their playing time, or even how much they earn each season, and I propose to change that.
    Contract negotiations should be evaluated on in TE as it is bare and bones compared to what we see in other games.

Let's start off on how it would work.
    If a player's contract is expiring in one season (or complains about their wages) , we could negotiate with him,
    they will start off by setting how much they want to earn in a season
    then, we adjust their season wage until they agree.

To add more unpredictability, they could not choose to negotiate with you, forcing you make a choice to sell them

But if all goes well, we could go on to how long they want their contract to be.

For now I think 3 seasons should be the limit.

Finally, we could go through what their role at the club could be,
    I added this because it could backfire on you if you don't satisfy their needs.

Their are 3 roles that I'm thinking right now.
    First team: They would expect you to play them right away.
    Subs: They would expect you to be given small amounts of playing time as a sub.
    This could also encourage managers to rotate squads.
    Reserves: They don't expect you to play them, but give them chances when they think the time is right.

If it all goes well, congrats, you have successfully negotiated with them.
    Now I will explain other parts later, so gn. (after winning an auction player and other scenarios)

This would add elements of man management, adding player personality, and a bit more life into the game
    HonobuluCity likes this.
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

League Titles: x4 [2, 4, 5, 15]
    Champion's League Titles: None
    Runner's Up: None
    Third Place: x1 [3]
    Cups: x1 [15]
    Runner's Up: x2 [2, 6]
    Third Place: x1 [14, 12]

Triple Crown: None

This is my second part of the Contract Negotiations.

When a player is "bought" through any of the systems of buying players, you will go another phase where you negotiate with the player.
    I put quotations on "bought" as the player haven't started negotiating. So, your tokens and money won't be deducted until the player reaching an agreement with you.

If the player agrees with the terms you put, you could sign the player. You can't simply fall out of a deal if you change your mind.
    If the player doesn't agree, they could, stop negotiations completely, and won't sign for you.

The player will not be sold to any other club and the auction will reset.

If a player feels like they are too good for the club, feel like they should be played more, or feels like the terms they set weren't fulfilled, they will email you saying so.
    It could be time where you could choose to sell them or do what they ask you to do.

If you ignore them, it will affect their morale, and set a slightly lower possession bonus in matches.
    It could also affect on how the team plays.

All of this would make you feel more a manager and actually doing the right/wrong thing.
    Of course, I think this should happen not too much if you rotate the squad and keep them happy.

I don't want this to affect and make the manager under pressure.
    HonobuluCity likes this.
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

ziz
    Banned
    No Way!!!!!
    This will just mean we will have to spend more money and tokens, to get trolled by top eleven.

We will just end up on this forum complaining about it!

Quote Originally Posted by ziz View Post
    No Way!!!!!
    This will just mean we will have to spend more money and tokens, to get trolled by top eleven.

We will just end up on this forum complaining about it!
    This is why I said, "I don't want this to affect and make the manager under pressure", which means I don't want this system to frustrate, but to add a little something into the game.
    We see no kind of unpredictability outside of matches. We need more life into the game. More dynamic things that could turn on you.

Please explain how managers will spend more money (not from contracts) and tokens in this system.
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

ziz
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anquilis View Post
    This is why I said, "I don't want this to affect and make the manager under pressure", which means I don't want this system to frustrate, but to add a little something into the game.
    We see no kind of unpredictability outside of matches. We need more life into the game. More dynamic things that could turn on you.

Please explain how managers will spend more money (not from contracts) and tokens in this system.
    Well you said it yourself. Contracts would mean more money, I would also guess nordeus would make this work like negotiations where tokens are spent negotiating the contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by ziz View Post
    Well you said it yourself. Contracts would mean more money, I would also guess nordeus would make this work like negotiations where tokens are spent negotiating the contracts.
    I said (outside of contracts), spending more money isn't the problem once you are at a higher level. Why would we put tokens into a contract on a virtual player?

Good day.
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11