Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Luke the Bard
  • 1 Post By HairDryer

Thread: "Shoot the Moon Managers" aiming to lose reduce the thrill of winning

Angry "Shoot the Moon Managers" aiming to lose reduce the thrill of winning

I've been playing for a year now, & I honestly believed that by level 13, all Leagues would be competitive. Unfortunately, from my 6th season until now, competition for the bottom 5 places is almost as fierce & difficult as a top 4 spot. The places nobody wants to finish in are 5th-8th, the Super Cup spots. This has become such an issue that the League competition has become a bit ridiculous. It is against my nature to deliberately lose,even though significant advantage accrues from what is,effectively, unsportsmanlike conduct. Some measures need to be formulated to discourage this tactical abuse. No real world football club gets stronger by finishing last several years in succesion.It gives some Association sides a large advantage, plus it detracts from the fun of the game.Perhaps a demotion system could be devised; loss of Level could reduce financial income& perhaps morale penalty.The Star value of players should remain the same, their quality shouldn't INCREASE when demoted. If only positions 9-11 resulted in no demotion, then deliberately non competitive behavior wouldn't have guaranteed advantage. PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO KEEP THIS GAME IMMERSIVE & COMPETITIVE, NOT A RACE TO THE BOTTOM!
    Altiplano likes this.

Put all tanker in 1 league where they fight for the 14th place will be exciting. Call it a Big Loser.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Luke the Bard likes this.

I really think Relegation should be considered by the developers; players get older, they don't gain 20% in the way we lose it leveling up. Only the bottom 2 teams should have this happen, but it would make trying to finish 9th - 12th more risky. Wages stay the same, but attendance,pricing of tickets etc would require them to retune their finances.
    An alternative would be the developers recognizing managers who REPEATEDLY use this "tactic" have young star players leave the club, just as in real life!