Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Altiplano
  • 2 Post By Jorge Timóteo

Thread: Can I please get a reply from Nordeus? Please?

Can I please get a reply from Nordeus? Please?

Hi there,

Sorry to keep bringing up the same issue, but I would really Nordeus to tell me whether they have any plans at all about changing the current system whereby people can play higher level or lower level teams in the Cup and Champions League, depending on their team's quality.

For illustration, my team is currently 121%. Today I've played against a 131% team (higher level) in the semi finals of the Champions League. I lost 0-3, but even if I could somehow turn things around in the second leg I would just end up playing a 137% team (also higher level, of course) in the final.

Meanwhile, my RL friend's team is 98%. Today he played against a 97% (lower level) in the semi finals.

In other words, Top Eleven is punishing me for having a strong team by putting me against 130%+ higher level teams, while my friend is rewarded for having a relatively weak team by playing lower level teams that are actually weaker than his.

I would just like Nordeus to answer me two questions:

1 - Do you think the current system is fair and serves the players well?

2 - Do you have any plans at all to revise this system?

Please, all I ask is for you guys to answer me these two questions. Just give me two straightforward answers and I'll never bother you again with this issue.

Thanks in advance,
    A very tired Jorge

Famous
    @ Jorge Timoteo.
    1. It's not fair, but serves some players well and others badly.
    2. Don't hold your breath.
    Advise: beat the system by manipulating. Although I'm beginning to think this is not such a good long term idea for Nordeus or anyone for that matter. How many more seasons will my same level, in game friends continue to play if every season I manipulate the draw and they have no idea how I do it?
    HairDryer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    1. It's not fair, but serves some players well and others badly.
    Yes, I see that every season with my friend and me. He has a much easier time winning titles with a 98% team than I do with a 120% team. How crazy is that? In any other game he would be wishing his team was as strong as mine. In Top Eleven, it is I who often think I would in all likelihood have more chances to win titles if I were to sell off my best players.

2. Don't hold your breath.
    I know, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Honestly I wouldn't mind them telling me to STFU, I just wish they would deign themselves to give me a reply.

Advise: beat the system by manipulating. Although I'm beginning to think this is not such a good long term idea for Nordeus or anyone for that matter. How many more seasons will my same level, in game friends continue to play if every season I manipulate the draw and they have no idea how I do it?
    I know I could tank for a couple of seasons and build an über-team or sell off my best players at the end of the season so that I would be put against easier opponents, whom I would crush after buying a few strong players again. But in all honesty, that doesn't sound very fun. I actually enjoy Top Eleven, it's just the part about playing different level teams that is complete bull****.

Famous
    Yes. This is the Catch 22.
    Do I/you tank to build an uber squad that just gets drawn against higher level teams?
    Do I/you manipulate the draw to have an easier season?
    Option 1, for me, will at least prolong entertainment until the top (or thereabouts) of the server is reached.
    Option 2, is already becoming boring, and worries me (long term) that players who have been in game friends for over 2 calendar years will become tired of playing against me whilst I manipulate. Yes, yes, they can spend real money to buy tokens ( hooray shouts Nordeus) to buy/train players in an attempt to beat me - but they're not. They buy through negotiations and then don't train their players! So what they gonna do? Tank to avoid me? Quit?
    I don't know if there is a viable answer for Nordeus, or us, the players. I just get the feeling that after a certain amount of time/seasons there's nothing left. Nobody ever looked at the roadmap and thought Top Eleven would get this far.

Addicted
    you wont get official answer from here.the admins here only forward our best ideas and issues.

but every game has its bugs and issues.
    some players play for a hobby others pay money for it.so its not fair(life is not fair)
    as long as there is manipulation the game wil have these unfair matching problems.

To me, tanking isn't that big of a problem. Since players will, by definition, not move up on purpose, that means you will soon leave them behind. I've met a few tankers in my time and know that as long as I keep playing I'll never have to play against them again.

As for manipulating the draw, the only reason that can be a problem is that Nordeus insists on pairing teams according to their quality to, in their words, "keep things interesting". I think that is complete rubbish. They should just have random draws altogether. Sometimes you would end up in a very tough league, sometimes you would have 30% quality over the next best team and so on, but at least that would put an end to people manipulating draws.

What baffles me is that this is completely counterproductive for Nordeus. I mean, they should want people buying tokens with money in order to make their teams extra-strong. But as things stand, why would anyone do that? Since getting a stronger team can actually make it harder for someone to win titles, why would anyone want to spend money on Top Eleven?
    Altiplano and michaelefc like this.