I like Top Eleven. I really do. It doesn't take much of your time and it's a fun game to play, particularly if you have friends who are also playing, so that you can compete with them. I love the fact it works so well on my phone, meaning that I can play it anywhere. It's always exciting when you are counting down the minutes before the start of a tough match.

I think I've done pretty well in the game, too. I'm currently level 23 and I've won 18 Leagues, 10 Champions Leagues, 1 Super League and 11 Cups. I've won the treble 4 times, including two back-to-back wins. Last season I won the League (26 wins in 26 matches) and the Cup and lost on the semis of the Champions League.

And yet, I am about to quit Top Eleven. The reason for this is that at the start of every season I find out, with great frustration, that pretty much all my opponents in the Cup and Champions League are one level higher than I. And I've had it. I'm tired of being knocked out of competitions by teams that are actually worse than mine, but that become stronger on account of that extra level they have on me. It was like in the semis of the Champions League last season... I was about 122% and my opponent was 136%. In other words, he was 116% (therefore weaker) + 20% due to that extra level.

I've mentioned the game is funnier to play when you have friends who also play it. Well, I do have one friend who also likes Top Eleven a lot. Last season he won the Champions League, even though his team was only 102% at the end of the season. The thing is that he played mostly against lower level teams and then in the final he played against a 100% team. That is to say, he was always the strongest team in every match of his campaign. Meanwhile, I ended the season at 124% and I was more often than not the underdog. And this is the thing I find absolutely ridiculous and infuriating in Top Eleven: it can actually be (much) easier to win titles with a team that is 82% at the start of a season than with a team that is 104%. How crazy is this?

As such, and since the devs don't bother responding to me saying if they have any plans of changing the current bull**** system, I have decided that I will quit the game as soon as I get knocked out again by a higher level team. Which can very well be this week, since I'll be playing a 107% team (higher level, of course) in the next round of the Cup. I think I will probably miss the game for a while after I go, but enough is enough. Whoever thinks it is fair to punish strong teams and reward weaker ones is one sick bastard.

Anyhoo, thanks to those who bothered to read this. Cheers and good luck on your matches.