Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By owlique

Thread: Simple rules against tankers

Lightbulb Simple rules against tankers

As a newby newcomer I come up with new ideas

I suggest some simple rules which may help against tankers.

If you won Champions League or Super League - you promoted.
    If you won any of the season club event, like King of the Hill, Road to Rio, Top Scorer Challenge - you promoted
    Not sure here about Top scorer challenge, its kinda players challenge, not team, but still - I would use it also.

If you were part of Asso, which got promoted to next division - you promoted.

All of that you can represent as rewards for great performance for regular managers.

I have three tankers in my league (level 4). Two of them have King of the Hill emblem.
    One of them decided that he already secured his staying in a league and started playing with strong squad, messing up results (probably to gain some skills to his players)

Edit:
    I forgot to mention Cup. You won Cup - you promoted.
    Last edited by owlique; 06-16-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    maloukees likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    talking about tanking is not so simple
    here I wrote some thoughts
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...gue-level.html

at the moment is not a part of their interest but you know many times they try to fix things and make them worst, so let it be.
    Try to avoid the tankers.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I read that.

Respect for being so helpful and active member of this community.

Your suggestions in short:
    Remove the option to play again in CL if won the CL/SL of previous season.
    Also if the treble is the ultimate target and a tanking team isn’t playing for the CL/SL, must not participate in the Cup too.
    Max quality of a player could be 8*, 140%. If someone wants to increase the quality more, could do that only with buying tokens and use the personal trainer (not with saved tokens).
    Rewarding is always better than punishment.

Not letting CL or SL winner play next CL is not right way in my opinion (who needs my opinion anyway )

Imagine that you won CL, but opponents in your league were very strong or there were crazy results, like in last season, when lower quality teams were constantly beating stronger teams in league, and you finished lower than fourth place.

And I totally forgot about Cup! You won Cup - you promoted!

That's what they do. They win everything, but league. That's why they stay in same level.

Give them reward!

Winning CL, SL, Cup or any of the events gives you promotion to next level.
    Your Asso promoted - your team promoted also!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by owlique View Post
    As a newby newcomer I come up with new ideas

I suggest some simple rules which may help against tankers.

If you won Champions League or Super League - you promoted.
    If you won any of the season club event, like King of the Hill, Road to Rio, Top Scorer Challenge - you promoted
    Not sure here about Top scorer challenge, its kinda players challenge, not team, but still - I would use it also.

If you were part of Asso, which got promoted to next division - you promoted.

All of that you can represent as rewards for great performance for regular managers.

I have three tankers in my league (level 4). Two of them have King of the Hill emblem.
    One of them decided that he already secured his staying in a league and started playing with strong squad, messing up results (probably to gain some skills to his players)
    Totally agree, those rules Are good.

How about this if your team is more than 100% you promote,

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Imagine that you won CL, but opponents in your league were very strong or there were crazy results, like in last season, when lower quality teams were constantly beating stronger teams in league, and you finished lower than fourth place.
    In this case you still can play in SL.
    A League +Cup + SL still gives the treble achievement.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html