Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Re-thinking Associations

Re-thinking Associations

I am a non-token buying, non-token farming 35T manager who has never spent a cent on the game. Yet I obsess enough about the game that my team always has a 40% bonuses total and I watch nearly every single game. I have played 30 real full seasons in which I've been 2nd 15 times and won the league only 6 times.

I have to deal with a lot of challenges this way, and success stops being determined only number of titles won. I have to, for example, constantly manage tokens(currently have 750T), the primary currency of the game, while consistently phasing players out of my team and replenishing them with younger ones while competing for all titles every single season.

I am dissatisfied with associations membership and am considering creating a new association from the ground up with similarly-minded managers.

The point is to play with managers who:
    - do not spend money on the game or actively mine tokens or any other resources.
    - care about their teams enough to always have 40% bonuses and compete for all titles every single season.
    - understand real-life football tactics and can make in-game changes to their team.

Most current associations most managers belong to are poorly curated, made up of managers with different objectives in playing the game.

The goals of the assoc are:
    - to have a curated group of genuine players with high-standards who do not attempt to 'hack' the game. This seems especially hard to do (the curation of players, that is) since assoc discovery within the game is so so hard and it's impossible to filter assocs by any traits.

- see how far and how well an assoc with non-hacking, genuine players with high standards can do in assoc.

Likely issues and how to solve them:
    - Comms/Coordination. Chat within the game is absolutely horrible. We can use Slack/Discord.

- Longtermism. Captains/members leaving the game and either rendering the assoc pointless (Capt leaving) or destroying assoc dynamics (members leaving, leaving assoc to have to search for replacements).

To this, we can have multiple assocs, and be a group of assocs with assocs contracting and expanding as need be. 8 members can be split into 2 groups of 4 each instead of a single group of 6 with no place for 2 remaining members.

And, external comms also means comms with people who may decide to leave including the captain.

- Timezones. We would have to choose a time most comfortable for the most number of managers.

Who does this make sense to?

edit
    Join the Discord:https://discord.gg/FS8Ujus
    Last edited by dave1311; 07-07-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Can a mod please add an 's' to 'association' in the topic? Should be 'associations'.

edit:change made. Surprise! You can edit topic on the forum itself, outside of Tapatalk.

Post-edit: Change doesn't appear to have reflected.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 07-04-2020 at 05:55 PM.

I’m have an assoc that started that way but we lost 2 members, it’s been a revolving door trying to fill those slots for a few seasons now. Luckily we scrap our way to stay platinum most seasons.
    maloukees and Temidayo_ like this.

Famous
    Love your idea......

I never spent or will spent on a game.....
    Temidayo_ likes this.

I'm guessing most people don't spend money on the game either.
    But at the same time, most people will probably quit the game within a month.

The ones that spend RL money are after a quick fix buzz - they're the "pay to win" brigade.
    That's the real problem of this game... the RL money aspect is what destroys it.

If this game was build like a proper football manager game, RL money wouldn't be involved.
    We'd all start with the same exact in-game money (T-bucks), and there would be no viewing ads for rests/morale, etc.

But that ain't gonna happen, so we have this lop-sided mobile game.
    The game is not even properly supported through a browser (you can't view ads through browser).

Quote Originally Posted by squodge View Post

The ones that spend RL money are after a quick fix buzz - they're the "pay to win" brigade.
    That's the real problem of this game... the RL money aspect is what destroys it.

If this game was build like a proper football manager game, RL money wouldn't be involved.
    We'd all start with the same exact in-game money (T-bucks), and there would be no viewing ads for rests/morale, etc.

The game is not even properly supported through a browser (you can't view ads through browser).
    You seem critical of an attempt to make lemonade out of lemon without giving any explicit objections to ideas in the post about how a group of people might make assoc better for themselves. Shouldn't one at least try new, interesting things to if only to see how things play out?

Quote Originally Posted by squodge View Post

It's not a suggestion for the game in general. It's a mod who moved this to suggestion. It's just a thing a group of managers could attempt.

re-thinking associations: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    Love your idea......

I never spent or will spent on a game.....
    Great. Shall I put you down for a possible spot in the assoc? We'd need only 2 more people to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
    I’m have an assoc that started that way but we lost 2 members, it’s been a revolving door trying to fill those slots for a few seasons now. Luckily we scrap our way to stay platinum most seasons.
    Would you be open to jumping ship before it sinks?
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 07-06-2020 at 09:07 PM.

I don't spend money, i'm passionated about my team. I believe in the power of trainingsessions and tactical intelligence. I love this game. Those who pay can win, but without spending money you can even win a lot of games.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A307FN met Tapatalk
    Temidayo_ likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast