Thread: Subs delay

Subs delay

I am aware it's been this way for years but today I feel like I've been disadvantaged 3 times over in a single game.

1. One of my defenders got injured by a bad tackle. In the five minute time delay, the other team scored before my sub came on.
    2. A midfielder got a yellow card. I tried to substitute him to avoid going down to 10 men. But again, the delay cost me. He picked up a second yellow and I have to play the rest of the game with 10. The game then crashed. I don't know if that was because it was trying to sub off a player who had now been sent off, but that also cost me game clock time.
    3. He is now banned for 2 games which he would not have been if the game had not delayed the substitution.

Please, is there not something you can do about this delay, especially when it comes to injuries to your player? If the manager is attending the match, could there not be a special 20 second "time out" or similar so that a sub can be made without losing so much clock time. In reality, when a player gets injured and needs to be stretchered off, the ref would stop his watch (or add time at the end of the half), but either way, the team with the injured player would not be disadvantaged. I'm just glad I still won the match, but I am sure there are plenty of people on here who have lost a match because of the delay

Sorry, banned for 1 match not 2

Twice again yesterday it took 6 clock minutes to replace an injured player despite me acting the instant they got injured. Yet my opponent had one of his replaced instantly (he was not attending the match)
    I really think some kind of time out would make it a bit fairer if it can be done