• 1 Post By Maxtax

Thread: League Relegations+Play Off

Lightbulb League Relegations+Play Off

well
    there are 14 teams in league
    7 getting promoted
    so i'm suggesting to 3 last place's get relegated
    :
    First 4 places to get promoted and 5,6,7,8 to play in play off so only 5 teams will get promoted

Good thought, but the biggest challenge here for your playoff suggestion is that the season would need to be expanded beyond 28 days as the last league game is played on day 28. This would likely require a full extra week to incorporate 5 games as Nordeus seems to like to have a work on a regular schedule.

Personally I think expanding the length of a season might not be a bad idea anyway. 2 games a day is too much if you want to try and train and rest players. Plus i've had 2 games in a day 15 mins apart! Literally no rest time, and no chance to change the starting 11 for players that are rested.

So, with that in mind, I agree with the OP. I think 7 teams being promoted out of 14 is too many. 4 automatic (and champions league qualification)+1 promoted via a play off seems a far better way to do it. Gives teams more incentive to finish higher up the league instead of settling for mid table to just go up a level.

I really like the idea of relegation though. Makes the game more like a real life football league. I think just the bottom 1 or 2 though instead of 3. Again, just gives extra incentive/fear to not finish at the bottom.

OK, what If I buy 20 5* players that are close to 6* for my team and then I get my team relegated by illegal formations by purpose if relegation was introducted, this would mean that those 5* players train to become 6* and getting relegated would mean all my players would be 7*.
    Raykco likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    OK, what If I buy 20 5* players that are close to 6* for my team and then I get my team relegated by illegal formations by purpose if relegation was introducted, this would mean that those 5* players train to become 6* and getting relegated would mean all my players would be 7*.
    beside all that you said is impossible(buying 20 5* players, then trying to finish last), WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ? :O

There is no need for relegation because playing in the same level and not promoting is relatively a relegation, as others are moving forward and others repeating level, it results in one level dif. which is fair for a game, 2 levels diff between 1st and last wil be unfair.
    Last edited by Maxtax; 06-04-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan Alfa Alfa View Post
    beside all that you said is impossible(buying 20 5* players, then trying to finish last), WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ? :O
    Why is impossibe what he said?Someone can easily and cheap buy those kind of players the last days of a season if he sees that he is going to be relegated and then go back and win the treble that will be unfair for the upcoming opp of his. Then every time and for every trophy the previus relegated teams will be the ones with the most possibilities to win the competitions that will unstabilize the competition and many aspects and concepts of the game which will be to long to discuss here
    Last edited by Maxtax; 06-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Raykco likes this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.