Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Harrogate Town On The Rise

Well today was the day. My main league threat coming to the mighty fortress of the CNG Stadium. We had taken the lead through a Van Persie free kick half way through the 1st half. We were looking good for the win. Then with little over 10mins left my substitute midfielder made a mistake. Leading to a counter attack which they converted. A massive NOOOOO! From my dugout we had thrown away the win. So still 5 points behind.

Then a small 2hours later we had our away leg of the Champions League. I was after a good win to pave the way for a good 2nd league in 2 days at home. It was an epic match. We took an early lead through Carrick. We just kept on dominating this match. Goal after goal. Winning 1-6. Think I could say semi-final here I come.

Could the mighty Harrogate Town really go all the way in the Champions League.

Today was just the day myself and the lads needed. We had our match mid afternoon today at 16:47. we were away to a team I met in my first season. We became friends on the game and have been keeping tabs on each other. We have had very contrasting seasons. Whilst I have been battling for the top spot all season he has been near the foot of the table. So as the game started we both sat there looking to see if he would create a league upset or whether I would be able to start my fight to overthrow Sport C Sotinco and win the league (who were playing an hour later than me).

We dominated from the moment we kicked off. shot after shot testing there defense and keeper to the max. In the 19th minute a wonderful run from Rooney opened them up and scored a magnificent solo effort. Just 4 minutes later a long range speculative effort from Carrick flew past the keeper to double our lead.we continued to bombard there goal but that was it for the 1st half.

2nd Half started basically the same as the 1st. So in the 60th minute it was no surprise to see that Yaya Toure let fly making it 0-3. 10 minutes later after a foul on Bale, Rooney let fly with a precise free-kick that was met by the massive leap and head of Cristiano Ronaldo. 0-4. That was how it stayed till the final whistle.

So that brings us to an Hour later the big match between 1st and 5th. I went to watch the match and ofcourse was praying for an away win by Szymek FC. It was an intense and nerve racking match to watch but I feel it was worth it to see if we could have stolen some points back on the leaders.

It was a close battle and the 1st half was slightly edged by the away team but it stayed 0-0. The leaders being at home came out fighting in the 2nd half. Then in the 55th minute a free-kick just outside the box was converted by there midfielder. 1-0. It looked like I may not make ground after all. But then out of nowhere 3 minutes later an eqauliser from another midfielder. The home side started to look on edge. But then 11 minutes later a goal by the AMC for the home side. It was finally looking like a win for the leaders but with just 4 minutes to go a corner and the striker rose up to head home. 2-2. Then the final whistle and a big smile was seen on my face as I left the ground.

So now after 18 matches I am just 3 points behind and its slowly looking like we may finally be able to catch up and get the title.

Harrogate Town On The Rise-league18gp.jpg

Now just to focus on each game as they come and pray my CL run won't ruin my chance in the league.
    Season 1 League: Winners

Season 2 League: 2nd, Champions League: Runners up

Season 3 League: 1st, Champions league: Quarter Finals, Cup: Play-Off

This thread hasn't seen an update in a while, I tend post end of season stats and team sheets in my topic of this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Yeah will have an update at the end of season

Rookie
    Getting close now, exciting to see if you managed to overtake him!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMeter View Post
    Getting close now, exciting to see if you managed to overtake him!
    That was last season.

Rookie
    Oh, heh, didn't really check the date format.. Gone inactive since then?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMeter View Post
    Oh, heh, didn't really check the date format.. Gone inactive since then?
    Still playing, Just never updated this thread and he has posted everything in the how are you doing thread.

Rookie
    Too bad, I liked his little updates in here. Reminded me of the LLM threads for FM with the personal touches.

There will be an update tomorrow most likely about how this level 3 season went
    Season 1 League: Winners

Season 2 League: 2nd, Champions League: Runners up

Season 3 League: 1st, Champions league: Quarter Finals, Cup: Play-Off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast