Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Red Stars Munich

The new crop of youth players has arrived. Let's see what we have.

Red Stars Munich-knieps.jpg

I was hoping for something different than an MC, but hey, this guy is four years younger and just two quality points below an existing player in the squad. We'll keep him and sell the older MC.

As for the following guy...

Red Stars Munich-paul.jpg

An obvious sell.

The new arrivals confirm that the youth academy at this club is a DC/DMC/MC factory.
    Last edited by mmunger; 08-25-2015 at 11:28 PM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Presenting the new signings for this season.

I have a core of young, talented, proven performers who start games and due to the draws, they should do well this season. So why get new players? To overhaul the bench.

Last season's bench had a couple of strong performers, but they got old. Others were not as reliable. And our experience with training youngsters to bring them into the team is better than managing veterans, for reasons that I cannot explain.

So, I was ready to make moves on my server's quiet hour on Tuesday and the place was filled with Nordgens. Only one auction went to knockout round 6!

Milan Nedved - the keeper of the future?

Red Stars Munich-nedved.jpg

The team already has a proven keeper in Jan-Eric Rehmann, but at 25, his progress is slowing down. The new guy, Milan Nedved, is six quality points ahead at 18 years old. We'll keep playing Rehmann and train Nedved to get him ready for future action. But who knows if an injury won't change plans and make the young Czech a starter...

Edzer Schouten - competition at ST

Red Stars Munich-schouten.jpg

The team already has a strong number one striker in Jan Forsberg. The number two is reliable, but he cannot follow a young team's progress forever. Introducing Schouten, who is 19 and already four stars. With a third striker, the team has the option to alternate between between 4-1-4-1 an 4-4-2 more often... and it has more depth.

Stephen Kerr - competition at ML

Red Stars Munich-kerr.jpg

As much as we like our starting ML, Kalju Saar, it is nice to have a "backup" who can jump in and play in any game, not just against B-teams. Stephen Kerr should do just that. Well, he already did. He scored twice on his first start in a league game.

Jonas Graf - a stiff challenge at DC/DR

This Swiss defender could be the defence's Swiss knife. He could play in central defence alongside Braun and rotate with Müller at DR. His value suggests he won't progress as quickly as others, but he should be a reliable backup.

Red Stars Munich-graf.jpg

Ingo Stein - the new backup MR

A teammate already is ahead of him, but strong performances could make this guy a starter.

Red Stars Munich-stein.jpg

Leonardo Valverde - depth at DL/DC

Another guy who could be a backup, or perhaps a starter should someone stop performing. Our team, usually fielding central Europeans and Scandinavians, always has had a good Latin American in the ranks.

Red Stars Munich-valverde.jpg

Red Stars Munich

Competition at ML is getting fierce! I was checking out the transfer market this morning and this 19 years old Nordgen was floating, without any takers. Got him for 1 token.

Now, with three guys who can do the job, who will end up starting important games?

Or, perhaps, should this guy focus on training...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A long-time problem solved. I used to be unable to find a super youngster at MR, but there was one floating on the market in the morning. Pricey player, but acquired for just one token.

So, previous starter Anthony Berton has been sold to a good team to make room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice team, would you like to be my friend in T11, perhaps?, we can exchange some good jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by CERVAΠTES View Post
    Very nice team, would you like to be my friend in T11, perhaps?, we can exchange some good jerseys
    Unless you are on server 40, I am not sure that can be done!

Red Stars Munich

The last couple of days, including two acquisitions, have slightly changed team planning. It previously has alternated between having a "short" squad for everyone to play regularly and a deeper one to cover for injuries and rotation.

However, having two players for each position costs too many green packs, especially when they are young, fast trainers. Some end up playing too little and I never really trust players who are there only as backups.

I decided that more of my guys should have a second position. Let's review the changes.

Jørgen Eriksen - ML and future MC

I previously found a promising ML with the same name on the transfer market... only to find a younger and better one today. So I made the acquisition, sold the guy I didn't want to keep and renamed the newbie as Eriksen. Importantly, I begun training him for the MC position. Once he gains his second position he will be involved in ML and MC rotation.

Attachment 53391

Oleg Kamiński - DL and future DC

Finally, a great DL prospect! I found this guy a day ago on the transfer market. His arrival means that captain Sarovic's days as a regular starter may soon end. Kamiński also started learning the DC position for versatility.

This will solve a problem because it seems I always am either short of a DC or having one more DC than I need, as some guys cannot play a second position.

Red Stars Munich-kaminski.jpg

Timo Knieps - MC and future MR

I wasn't sure what to do with this kid from the youth academy. He is 18, he performs decently at MC on the right side and trains fast, but two other MCs are better. Therefore, Knieps started learning MR to max out his playing potential and replace the current MR backup.

Red Stars Munich-knieps.jpg

I started training the three players and Knieps made the most progress. So I focused on him...

Red Stars Munich-mr.jpg
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-10-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Game action and farmed green packs have allowed to complete the training of Oleg Kamiński, primarily a DL, to add the DC position to his ability.

Red Stars Munich-kaminski.jpg

It might take a few more days to complete Eriksen's training to add MC to his existing ML position. But we'll get there!

The result is a squad that is shorter than before, but more versatile. I will focus on players who should form a unit for some time.

Red Stars Munich-squad.jpg
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-10-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Injury update

The team has avoided injury crises so far, with a "realistic" rate of one injury per day

However, guess what happened today when I made players do stretching training at normal intensity.

Red Stars Munich-knee.jpg

A knee cartilage tear while stretching

Realism

Qualified for Champions League semi-finals

The team played strongly at home to win 4:0 in the quarter-finals second leg, 6:1 on aggregate. A brace for Franken and goals for Jurkovic (DC!) and Bašić.

The big lead gave me the luxury of sending Kamiński and Eriksen in for a few minutes of CL action.

Red Stars Munich-cl.jpg

Also, midfield leader Petermann "graduated" to scout.

Red Stars Munich-petermann.jpg
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-12-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast