Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Der_Ryan_M
  • 1 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By Der_Ryan_M

Thread: A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)

A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)

Hi there fellow managers,

Many of us started playing top eleven months ago. Or a year or two ago. Or, like me, almost 5 years ago. The game gets a lot different over time, what was fun gets annoying, what was hard to understand gets a part of our daily topeleven playing-routine.
    Also, since I started playing in 2013, a lot of things in the game changed. We got many updates, a new transfer market, and much more.

As I was inspired by a great team showcase by the forum-user "talisman" with his new Holmesdale FC (check that out, I recommend it), I wanted to start my own new Level 1 Team.

But we go a step ahead - We are not going to invest a single € (or your equivalent currency) into this game.
    We are also not going to take advantage of any free advertisement offers to get tokens. We play this game, how it is designed to be played, with all the possibilities the game and only the game gives us to accumulate tokens and everything else. (including not farming green packs with videos)

You can add the Facebook Account here if you want to support me, I support you too when I'm online: https://www.facebook.com/ralf.nikolaus.169

This is an experiment and a new journey for me and I want to take you with me. How difficuilt is it to survive in the world of top eleven as a newbie, who doesn't farm packs or tokens? Can we even win a title? How often do we need to tank, to stay competitive?
    Find out in this team showcase of: Alassiouty Sport, a team from Egypt.

A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)-team.jpg

Alassiouty Sport Update 0 - It begins

So, here we are. A new, little team in the big, big world of Topeleven. At the bottom of the pack in level 1. How exciting, isn't it?

Squad

The game gave us a real nice starting squad. This is our "top eleven":

A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)-squad.jpg

And these are the subs:

A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)-subs.jpg

As you can see, we have some good players to work with. Especially our Striker and our DR, both only 19 years old and with good special abilities, will serve us for at least this season, I'm sure. Also the 18 year old 4-star MC is here to stay.
    Also we had to buy this italian guy Bernardi during the tutorial.

He won't help us much though, because I plan on playing a 4-5-1 V formation, as this is one of the best in my opinion. So we need at least 1 more DMC. We are also going to buy one new DC to strengthen our defense, a new DL (as we have none on the bench) and maybe 1 or 2 other players if we manage to get a bargain.

What we have to keep in mind when doing these transfers - the ressources aren't really there for us. We started with 84 tokens, which is solid, but we only have about 5M of cash and 22 reds, 25 blues and 72 greens. With this low amount of cash, we can't go out there and buy the best young talent, as I would normally do. So we need to keep a cool head and bring in new players slowly, but steady.

League standings

A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)-table.jpg

After half of the season played, we currently sit in 7th place, which is a Super-League spot and secures us promotion. Every team in our league has a manager already.
    Things are fairly close on the top though, and no team is really that much stronger than Alassiouty Sport can be with some new players. So I'm confident that we can get into a Champions League position by the end of the season. (Place 1 to 4)
    We are also out of the cup already and so can focus on the league.

The next update-post will be released in the next 3 or 4 days, when the manager of Alassiouty Sport did some transfers, built some infrastructure and the team played some games under his coaching.
    talisman and khris like this.

It will be good to compare your teams' progress with no token input to Holmesdale FC, who have a small amount (the monthly card) over and above the tokens available through sponsorship.

Good luck.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Alassiouty Sport Update 1 - First transfers and good results

Almost 5 Days ago, we took over the team Alassiouty Sports, starting in league level 1 of the topeleven world. Since then, a lot has changed.

Squad and transfers

After taking over the team, we signed 5 new players to the squad and also managed to grab a 7* goalkeeper in the Germany tour challenge.

A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)-transfers1.jpg
    A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)-transfers2.jpg

All the new guys were fairly cheap in terms of the tokens we paid and are 4 to 5 star players, with mostly important special abilities or multiple positions they can play in. I'm not going to do any more moves this season. The team is doing well and when we gain promotion, everyone will lose a star, which means we have quite a few changes to do in the upcoming season. No need to waste anymore ressources this year.
    I'm quite happy with the lower quality players we still have in our first eleven as well. Mohie, our AML, for example has already scored 3 goals and provided 2 assists.

League standings

A Free-To-Play-Journey from the Start - Alassiouty Sport (Egypt)-table2.jpg

We won all 5 of our games since taking over, which results in climbing from 7th place up to the 3rd spot.
    The games, however, were all against opponents sitting fairly low in the table.

Results

Alassiouty Sport 4:0 Kensington FC
    chelsea 2:4 Alassiouty Sport
    Alassiouty Sport 3:1 je FC
    My name is je FC 0:1 Alassiouty Sport
    Amine FC 0:2 Alassiouty Sport

Ground

We built the youth, training and medical facility. We also upgraded our seating once, built a scoreboard, lights and upgraded the pitch. We also bought utilities and created a spot for parking.

Next update will be at the end of the season. Can we clutch a CL spot? Or even more? We'll see.
    talisman likes this.