Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Balkan Boyz [BosnianTeam]

HEADLINE: Balkan Boyz sign Darijo Srna from Shakhtar Donetsk!

____________________***______________________

Balkan Boyz have confirmed that they have secured the services of the Croatian international and right-back Darijo Srna for 4,4M and 50T from Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Club were in the market for a new right-back/right-winger since day 1 of the season. According to Manager -Ljepoje-, Srna will join his new team-mates in the morning and is expected to start against Thai team "Boat FC", and later on that evening against "Villa" in the T11 CUP.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

The T11 CUP - Draws: Balkan Boyz face English team "Villa" in the Quarter-finals.

The quarter-final match-ups for this season’s T11 were determined yesterday at a draw held at Topeleven Headquarters where it was decided that Balkan Boyz will face the english side "Villa" in the next round of the European competition. The other results of the draw are as follows: Madrid FC - Hypool FC, Buca FC - Dynamo Swag and AlZaeem FC- Orchard Utd.

Manager -Ljepoje- said earlier today that they "are seriously preparing for a very difficult game against Villa",since they tend to play on counterformations then having a game of their own. -Ljepoje- continued, "It is important for both teams, whenever you play for progression to a semi-final it’s a crucial one for both teams. All these games are intense, hard and sometimes tend to end with unexpected results.” But he added, “all I ask from my players is that they give 100% out there on the pitch. We have plenty of respect for them, as we do for any other team. Respect – but not fear. We know it’ll be a difficult game, but we aren’t afraid.”

The first leg of the quarter-final will take place at the "Balkan Boyz" stadium tonight at 23.18CET, with the second leg at "Villans" scheduled for Wednesday at 13.24CET. If Balkan Boyz makes it past Villa, they will be playing the semi-finals against the winner between AlZaeem FC and Orchard Utd.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 17 (Sz.4 - lvl4)

HEADLINE: Balkan Boyz collecting wins at a crucial time

LEAGUE: Raul FC (Q29,1) Formation: 4-1-2-1-2 >> 2 - 4 << Balkan Boyz (Q42,5) Formation: 4-1-2-1-2
    SCORERS: J.Maestro (3min.ass:R.Perez), I.Olić (29min), H.Chikboui (23min.ass:R.Perez), S.Sušić (37min.ass:E.Džeko), I.Olić (67min) and M.Kovačić (71min.ass:E.Džeko)
    SUBS: No substitutions made[COLOR="#006400"]
    MOTM: Ivica Olić (rate:8)

This was a crucial league victory for Balkan Boyz against the Spanish league "joker" (as I like to call him) in many aspects. First, the win itself meant that we managed to "overthrow" the 2nd team in the league "FC Kula" and are now +1p infront of them, and -6p behind the league leader "Beauteville FC". Second, the win itself was "crucial" since it came in handy for us before next week return against "Fc Kula" and "Beatueville FC". Third, the win itself means also that the 1th and 3rd team are feeling the pressure on performing and winning their upcoming games. Fourth, as both teams will have to face the Spanish team "Raul FC" the upcoming week, there could be a slightly chance that he could snitch a point or perhaps 3, which would put further pressure and heat into an already iffy Top3 battle for the T11 league trophy.

With that in mind, our chances to win the league for the 4th time in a row has suddenly increased, and hopefully the luck will shine on us a little bit more then it did in the beginning of the season.

CL: Balkan Boyz (Q42,5) Formation: 4-1-2-1-2>> 4 - 0 (AGG: 6-1) << Stra FC (Q35) Formation: 4-3-1-2
    SCORERS: S.Jovetić (29min), N.Vidic (37min.ass:E.Džeko), S.Sušić (45 & 66min.ass:N.Vidić)
    SUBS: I.Olić < > H.Salihamidžić, A.Halilović < > X.Shaqiri, D.Srna < > N.Tomović
    MOTM: Nemanja Vidić (rate:9)

This was an crucial CL victory as well, not only because we managed to get through to the next stage (the quarter-finals), but also the fact that we played against the 2nd best top quality and overall rated team in the tournament. The Irish team "Stra FC" caused us some difficulties in the 1th leg, as they managed to hold a 1-0 lead at their home turf under 60minutes, but then we came,we saw and we conquered them the last quarter after 2 goals by our shadow striker, Ivica Olić. A 1 - 2 away win meant that we could lock, stock as two smoking barrels before the return.

And as I was hopping before the 2nd leg kick-off, we didn´t have any problems getting pass their 4-3-1-2 formation. Mostly because as their manager didn´t care to play with a DMC and therefore left our AMC and shadowstriker, Ivica Olić unmarked. Our 4-1-2-1-2 transformed into a 4-3-3 and we managed to send 4 goals past their GK, Maneul Plaztek the first 60 minutes. His 7* player, the AMC Adel Ibrahim and his 6* players Camilo Arango (MC), Marian Krepela (MC) and Nemanja Radić (DC) could just watch and learn how things should and are handled.

The last 30 minutes, we decided to make 3 substitutions and calm our horses since we already managed to secure a comfortably home-win and when the final whistle was blown, we had 6-1 on aggregate.

Our next opposition is the Israeli team "BorisRager FC" (Q34,8). A team which we shouldn´t have any problems defeating since the team/squad is quite limited (11 players on the pitch + 4 on the bench) and who also plays a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Hopefully we could secure a ticket to the semi-finals in the 1th leg and therefore play the 2nd leg without any pressure or doubts.

NOTE: Tomorrow we are heading for England to play the 2nd leg of the T11 CUP Quarter-finals against "Villa". The first meeting ended with a 1-2 away win for the guests, but our hopes and dreams to reach a semi-final spot are still alive. A rumour also says that the montenegrin striker Stevan Jovetić is looking forward to shoot down the english team "Villa" and put himself on the newspaper headlines later on that evening!

Over&Out!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

I have never gotten to the semi finals of the Cup. Well done.

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 18 (Sz.4 - lvl4)

HEADLINE: Balkan Boyz progressed to the T11 CUP semi-finals after an outstanding over-turn in the 2nd leg against Villa !

CUP: Villa (38,5) Formation: 3W-2N-2N-3W-1 >> 1 - 3 << Balkan Boyz (Q42,5) Formation: 3W-2N-2N-3W-1
    SCORERS: S.Jovetić (25min.ass:H.Salihamidžić), H.Salihamidžić (39min.ass:I.Olić), S.Kolašinac(48min.ass:S.Jovetić) and A.Pettersson (50min.ass:M.Hand)
    SUBS: No substitutions made
    MOTM: Hasan Salihamidžić (rate:9)

Balkan Boyz with manager –Ljepoje- at the helm displayed the class of real champions when they crushed Villa away with 1 – 3 in the 2nd leg of the T11 CUP and therefore earning a place in the semi-finals.

A superb semifinal at the Villa Park was won in a blistering 48-minute first-half spell in which Balkan Boyz scored three goals to leave them dreaming of a first semi-final spot since it´s foundation. Goals from the montenegrin striker Stevan Jovetić in the 25th minute, the Bosnian winger Hasan Salihamidžić in the 39th minute and a header in the 48th minute by the U21 german International Sead Kolašinac secured future advancement. The hometeam Villa managed to reduce the 0-3 lead after a goal by Adam Pettersson in the 2nd half to 1 – 3. Balkan Boyz managed to create a couple of dangerous goal opportunities the last quarter of the game, but the Villa defence kept repelling and stood firm.

As it stands, Balkan Boyz will face the English/ Filipinian side "Orchard Utd" in the semi-finals as they managed to beat “Al Zaeem FC” from the United Arab Emirates after 8 – 1 on aggregate. Manager -Ljepoje- is expected to give his press statement shortly after the 4th quarterfinal game is played between Buca FC (Turkey) and Dynamo SWAG (Switzerland) at 22.30 CET.

Over&Out!
    SimplySimon likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I have never gotten to the semi finals of the Cup. Well done.
    Thanks! Neither did I, this will be our 1th time as well... Will do my best to reach the finals (despite the hard-core opposition)
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 18 (Sz.4 - lvl4)

HEADLINE: Balkan Boyz after-match press conference

Balkan Boyz with manager –Ljepoje- at the helm held a post-match news conference at Villa Park (England) after they beat Villa 1 – 3 (3-4 on aggregate) in the T11 Cup this afternoon.

Q: First of all, we want to congratulate you for your magnificent success and on your fabulous win at Villa Park against Villa in the 2nd leg. How does it feal?

LJ: Well?! first, thank you for the kind words and the compliment. Second, I think we`re still all shook up and we just can't believe that we were the 1th team to qualify for the semi-finals – but we actually got there! It would probably take a couple of hours or a day to realize what we have accomplished.

Third, as I mentioned earlier, that there's probably nothing that our players can't achieve with proper coaching. As we always need to improve every minute of our game, we need to keep our heads up, believe in ourselves and continue on our way of playing football. Also, this was an another great day for the club as we never doubted the fact that we wanted to win other trophies, besides the league trophy. This was an important game and it will be an even more important games further one in this tournament when we face our next opponent “Orchard Utd” in the semi-finals… That is what we are looking forward to now.

Q: We all witnessed an another side of the Balkan Boyz´s in the 2nd leg compared to the 1th leg. A Balkan Boyz that “took it all and gave nothing back”. And how do you comment on the fact that you managed to score not just once, but 3 goals in 48 minutes?

LJ: Hah, well where to begin?! There is a saying or expression that goes like “fight fire with fire” which means that you have or could retaliate with a similar form of attack that has been used against you. Now, as you all know our opposition “Villa” played with a 3W-2N-2N-2W-1 formation in the 1th leg, a formation which we used and applied in the final-eight and in the CL earlier on. As we failed in the 1th leg with the 4-5-1V formation and the 3W-3W-2W-2 formation, we decided to go with the 3W-2N-2N-2W-1 formation in the 2nd leg as well.

Now, this could have gone one way or other as it could generate a result which we wouldn´t be satisfied or pleased with. But as the game continued, I noticed that we controlled the game and managed to line up opportunity after opportunity. And every opportunity, is a opportunity to get a goal or two. And this is what happened, our opportunities turned into realities and we managed to get the 1th goal, then the second and eventually the third in the 48th minute.

Q: Earlier that day, you said that the “ that the montenegrin striker Stevan Jovetić was looking forward to shoot down the english team "Villa" and put himself on the newspaper headlines later on that evening “ but we witnessed a goal scored by the German U21 International and Schalke 04 defender, Sead Kolašinac as well. A goal that got Balkan Boyz 4-3 on aggregate and therefore a ticket to the semi-finals. Where you surprised that he managed to score and not, let´s say Olić or Sušić?

LJ: Haha, well that´s actually a funny story! As you all know, Stevan Jovetić is probably one of the greatest striker if not the best on lvl 4. He is 18yr old and already a superstar and manages to score or assist in every game. And the fact that he got injured the first quarter of the 1th leg, he felt quite disappointed that he couldn´t continue and was therefore forced to follow the game from the bench the rest 75minutes. A game which we lost by 1 – 2. Anyway, the next day he recovered as planned and took part in our both games in the League and CL, in which he managed to score and assist. Then there was this reporter from a newspaper that wanted a statement from Jovetić, and Jovetić was of course polite and took this time to give the reporter some statements. Then this reporter asked Jovetić if he was “fit-for-fight” and looking forward to the 2nd leg against Villa at Villa Park the next day, on which Jovetic answered the reporter as he did and it became a “hit” and then the newspapers here and those in UK just made a “big thing” of it and it heated the situation furthermore.

Now when it comes to Sead Kolašinac and his 3rd goal, that itself has a factor that I think could be taken into account. Earlier on that day, probably 30 minutes before the kick-off I decided to extend his contract from 1 year to 3 years and of course, offer him a large bonus as well. Then 48 minutes into the game, he scored the 3rd goal and showed his gratitude. So, yes. Sometimes you need to offer or give something, to get something important in return. And I´m grateful for that gift and to have a player like him in our squad.

Q: One last question, what are your expectations and how are you gonna tackle “Orchard Utd”, a club that is expected to take a final spot together with Dyanamo SWAG?

LJ: Well, we all know that they are the favourites in this semi-final "clash" and that it will be 2 difficult games, both home and away. Anyway, our scouts have been following our opposition for a couple of days since we knew that there where a % that we would end up facing them in a semi-final. And as far as I know and the information I can share with you and the rest is following. First, their team are composed of 7* and 8*, all of their players are quite experienced, since they participated in last years cup tournament as well. Second, we know that they favour a 4-1-2-1-2 wide-diamond formation. This is a formation which they seems to use and apply in all of the 3 competitions (league, cl and cup) and they don´t seem to change it.

Third, as their AMC, Steven Gerrard earned his 2nd booking in the last game, he will not be able to take part in the 1th leg. This will cause some problems for them as S.Gerrard is the only AMC they have in their squad and they will be forced to apply and play with a different formation which could cause them some problems. Of course, they could buy a AMC but that up to their management to decide.

When it comes to which type formation or which kind of tactics we will use, that is still confidential and we will not reveal our cards until the last half-hour or so. But I can promise you all one thing – We will keep playing together as a team and we will do our best to make sure that we play our best and we hope that we can get a goal or two in the 1th leg, and then another one in the return. And hopefully that will be enough to reach a final spot.

Over&Out!
    SimplySimon likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Loving the press conferences!
    Ljepoje likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Any progress from now on is a great success. We all know the Cup is not easy and you are doing fine so keep it up and I'm sure you'll be glorious soon enough.

The T11 CUP - Draws: Balkan Boyz face english/ filipinian side "Orchard Utd" in the semi-finals

The semi-final match-ups for this season’s T11 were determined this morning at a draw held at Topeleven Headquarters where it was decided that Balkan Boyz will face the english/ filipinian side "Orchard Utd" in the semi-finals in the next round of the T11 Cup competition. The other semi-final will be played between Madrid FC from Thailand and Dynamo Swag from Switzerland. This means that 2 european teams (UEFA) will compete against 2 asian teams (AFC) for a final - spot.

Manager -Ljepoje- said earlier at the post-match press conference at Villa Park (England) after they beat Villa 1 – 3 (3-4 on aggregate) that they "are seriously preparing for a very difficult game against Orchard Utd" and that "it is important for both teams, whenever you play for progression to a final spot it’s a crucial one for both teams. All these games are intense, hard and sometimes tend to end with unexpected results.” But he added, “all I ask from my players is that they give 100% out there on the pitch. We have plenty of respect for them, as we do for any other team. Respect – but not fear. We know it’ll be a difficult game, but we aren’t afraid.”. Team captain, Nemanja Vidić repeated that "we all know that they are the favourites in this semi-final "clash" and that it will be 2 difficult games, both home and away", he added that "We will keep playing together as a team and we will do our best to make sure that we play our best and we hope that we can get a goal or two in the 1th leg, and then another one in the return. And hopefully that will be enough to reach a final spot".

The first leg of the semi-final will take place at the "Balkan Boyz" stadium Sunday at 23.33CET, with the second leg at "YNWA" stadium, scheduled for Thuesday at 16.44CET. If Balkan Boyz makes it past Orchard Utd, they will be playing the finals against the winner between Madrid FC and Dynamo SWAG.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast