• 1 Post By mattyg1306
  • 1 Post By mattyg1306
  • 1 Post By mattyg1306

Thread: Leicester Tigers Top Eleven team

Rookie

Leicester Tigers Top Eleven team

Press release

[Begins]

Leicester Tigers is a new Top Eleven club who play in the heart of England's sporting capital, Leicester. Starting their journey on the 15th June 2019, Tigers will take over from Binh Durong FC with all existing players transferring over to the new club.

The league position that Binh Durong FC obtained will be used by Tigers for their first season which will last until next Saturday [22nd June]. The fixtures list remains the same, with the first match to be played away from home against FC Divergent this afternoon. Tigers' first match at Welford Road will take place on Sunday [16th June] against Dan FC. Kick off is at 1:12 pm [UK time].

Tickets will be available from the ticket office [option 1], on phone 0116 433773 or online at LeicesterTigersTE.co.uk. Prices are set at £3 but will rise in the future. Season ticket information for next year will be available later this week, but please note, if you attend the first match, you will be given a 10% discount on your first season ticket.

Director of Football, Matt Gretton, is hoping to build strong foundations in the opening week, to set the tone on the first full season.

"We want to start getting things right as quickly as possible. We want to put pride and history into the shirt immediately, to give those that come and wear this in the future something to work from, an expectation and standard not to fall below," Gretton said.

"This is a project set for the long term and we want to get the best out of the current group of players. We're not in a position to win the league, but if we win every game we can climb into fourth and clinch that Champions League."

[Ends]

[Team Schedule - UK time]

• Depart Welford Road at 12am
    • Depart Leicester Airport at 1am
    • Arrive at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport at 11am
    • Arrive at FC Divergent's stadium at 12pm
    • Kick off v FC Divergent at 1:12pm
    • Media duties at 2pm
    • Depart FC Divergent stadium at 3pm
    • Depart Silvio Pettirossi International Airport at 10pm for an 8am arrival

[Editors notes]

A random selection of 2 players and Matt Gretton will be avaliable for interview at 2pm [UK time] on Saturday 15th June.

They'll be a bigger press conference at Welford Road ahead of the match against Dan FC on Sunday 16th June which will include the club captain, Matt Gretton and chairman Mary-Jane. This will take place at 10am in the media suite.
    MNK Kaskada likes this.

Rookie

All-time Statistics

tests
    Last edited by mattyg1306; 06-15-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Rookie

FC Divergent 1 v 6 Leicester Tigers

Press Release

Leicester Tigers started their top eleven life as good as they could have hoped for with a 1 - 6 victory over FC Divergent.

Man of the match Sergej Seufert (AMR) and Sam Nightingale (AMC) both scored two goals in their opening match for the new club.

Manuel Gruber (DC) and Musa Purcell found themselves on the scoreboard to give Tigers a convincing win despite the home side scoring the first goal of the game.

The win closes the gap between themselves and the top four to just five points.

Director of football

"It's great to get a result like that, I was a bit worried when their first goal went in, but we dug deep and our fitness levels worked their magic. Great momentum to start the clubs life here and hopefully, we can move closer to that top 4 sooner rather than later."

Announcement

Leicester Tigers are proud to announce their first club captain. Musa Purcell (AML) will hold the captain's armband for the foreseeable future. At 19, it's hoped that he will remain at the club for a couple of seasons and build a legacy.

"I was amazed when Matt Gretton called me into the office on the plane and told me I would be the club captain. I'm 19, and as much as I wanted the role, I kind of removed myself from the running because of my lack of experience, but Matt made it clear that he believes in me for the future," Purcell said.

"It was awesome to bang in a goal today as well, a nice way of celebrating getting the first captains armband on a personal front, but most importantly it was about getting the goal to announce our arrival on the scene."

[Ends]

[Editiors notes]

Further information about tomorrow's events at Welford Road will be released later this afternoon. The following information is to be embargoed until you see the announcement on the club's website.

Leicester Tigers will host a special fathers day opening party at Welford Road following the first fixture on Sunday [16th June]. The event will be open to the public, and tribute band Queen of Magic will be performing live in the evening.

They'll be a press conference at Welford Road ahead of the match against Dan FC on Sunday 16th June which will include the Musa Purcell, Matt Gretton and chairman Mary-Jane. This will take place at 10am in the media suite.
    Last edited by mattyg1306; 06-15-2019 at 04:05 PM.
    MNK Kaskada likes this.

Rookie

Leicester Tigers host fathers day special

[Press release]

[Begins]

Leicester Tigers will be celebrating farthers day with a special afternoon of entertainment on the pitch at Welford Road. The celebrations will also mark the opening match at home for the new Top Eleven club.

Following the clubs match against Dan FC, the pitch covers will come on and fans will be allowed on the grass for a special BBQ and disco. Fans will then be able to mix with the players and coaches to enchance the family feel at the club.

If you bring your dad to any bar around the stadium, then your dad will be given one free pint.

Doors will open to the public, two hours after the final whislte [~3.30pm] where entry will be free. Queen of Magic will take to the stage at 5pm. Games and fairground rides will be open throughout the afternoon.

[Ends]

[Editors notes]

Players will not be avaliable for interview once the media duties have concluded. In other words, journalists must not interview players on the pitch during the fan festival.

[Team schedule - UK time]

• Open Press confernece at 10am - All media invited
    • Stadium opens at 11am
    • Kick off v Dan FC - 1:12pm
    • Media duties - 2pm
    • Funfair, games and BBQ start - 2:30pm
    • Stadium opens to the public - 3.30pm
    • Queen of Magic - 5pm
    • Queen of Magic finish - 7pm
    • Stadium closed - 8pm
    MNK Kaskada likes this.

Rookie

Leicester Tigers 3 - 0 Dan FC

Press release

[Begins]

Leicester Tigers beat Dan FC 3-0 in their first match in front of their home fans inside Welford Road.

A goalless first-half reflected a nervous opening, but goals from Sergej Seufert, Manuel Gruber and Musa Purcell gave Tigers a 3-0 victory.

Those in Green, Red and White have now moved up to 5th in the table, just three points behind fourth-placed Mark FC.

The opening day celebrations continued with a live performance from Queen of Magic.

[Quotes]

"Of course, the lads were nervous playing in front of their home fans for the first time, but they pulled through and it's nice to get those three points against one of the top teams. We're certainly in the mix now for the top four and those all-important Champions League spots for next season, and hey 12 points from the top! Nah, that's still a push but the goal is to win every match and see where we end up. The foundations are coming along nicely," boss Matt Gretton said.

[Ends]

[Editors notes]

• There will be an open press conference at Welford Road tonight [Sunday 16th June] at 9 pm. All media is welcome, the event should be complete by 9:15 pm.

[Team schedule - UK times]

• Open press conference 9 pm
    • [17th June] Players depart Welford Road 2 pm
    • Depart Leicester Airport 3 pm
    • Arrive at Madrid airport at 5 pm
    • Travel to Hasty FC's stadium at 6 pm
    • Kick off v Hasty FC at 11 pm
    • Media duties 11.30pm
    • [18th June] Arrive at hotel in Madrid at 1 am

Rookie

Leicester Tigers sign Grégory Bonnefoi

[Press release]

Leicester Tigers is pleased to announce the signing of Grégory Bonnefoi. The 21-year-old French goalkeeper is rated with 6 stars and has the goalkeeper special ability.

Bonnefoi was bought on a special deal which bypassed cash but required 21 tokens.

He will take up the number 1 shirt.

"We're building for big things here at Leicester and while we don't have the cash to splash, we've managed to sign a young quality goalkeeper that our scout has really rated. While no quick fix is available, signing a quality keeper is a quick hole to tighten, a way of buying time while funds start to come into our new club," Matt Gretton said.

"I'm proud to sign for Leicester Tigers. I look forward to spending a number of seasons at the club and really setting the standard. I look forward to winning trophies," Bonnefoi said.

[Ends]

[Editors notes]

This information has no embargo and can be released as soon as possible.

Questions can be asked to Gretton and Bonnefoi in the open press conference which is about to commence at Welford Road Stadium.

There will be no press conference at home tomorrow, just the standard media duties after the match.

Rookie

Hasty FC 0 - 2 Leicester Tigers

Press Release

[Begins]

Leicester Tigers move into the top four with a comfortable 2-0 victroy over Hasty FC.

Second-half goals from Aymeric Mukendi and Musa Purcell sealed the Tigers' third consecutive win.

Leicester sit in fourth, and loses from 2nd and 3rd placed teams closes the gap on second place. However, a win for leaders Crimson Duck FC keeps the gap from the title to 12 points with just 15 points avaliable.

[Quotes]

"Another good, solid performance out there. I'm pleased with the boys and we're really in the mix to grab that runners-up trophy. Top four is still a worry though, we're only tied in fourth with 2 other teams, so we can't get complacent," Matt Gretton said.

"Look, I had some new combinations out there, a completely different midfield so it was almost starting again. It's good to see those two players slotting in so comfortably and picking up ratings above 7 points."

[Ends]

[Team Schedule - UK times]

• [18th June] Depart Madrid hotel at 10am
    • Arrive at Madrid airport (11am)
    • Depart Madrid Airport (12pm)
    • Arrive at Leicester Airport (2pm)
    • Arrive at Welford Road (3pm)
    • Open press conference with Gretton and a random player (5pm)
    • Stadium opens (9pm)
    • Kick off v FC Piny
    • Media duties (11.30pm)
    • [19th June] Stadium closed (12.30am)