Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

My 1st ever retirement postponement - Luis Esteban Cabrera
    Day 16 of Season Announcement

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-132a21d3-c2dd-4c71-9b26-bbf2c068c435.jpg

He has been my most consistent scorer since joining my team. I did my best maintaining him till age 29 and video drills were really helpful. While i wanted to experience retirement postponement, the lack of playstyle boosters was a big factor to why i decided to keep my players longer than usual. I managed to get only 1 every season at best for this account.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-40ef00a7-f494-49e2-9666-eed9fa903e29.jpg

Luis Esteban Cabrera had an illustrious career with us breaking appearance and goal scoring records. Probably expected since he was the free kick taker and one of the few players i picked up at 18 years. His stats would have probably been better had i not benched him so often. Hopefully he helps us pick up a few more trophies before leaving.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-41514ab4-a32b-4552-bb20-42d7ce903013.jpeg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 08-01-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Season 38 Level 31 End of Season Summary

Competitions

Dilemma early in the season when i saw my CL draw. 3 strong manipulating opponents who were of similar quality to me but had the advantage of youth. All 3 were in diamond and ultimate associations which meant they were active and relatively well trained. One grouped alongside me while the other 2 looked likely to face both of us in our respective semis if all went well. With really old players in key positions, i felt my chances were slim and decided to go for a much easier super league. The first of such in my trophy cabinet.

Toughest match of the season was Super Cup as expected and i did end up playing one of the 3 big teams i mentioned above. I won in a closely fought game which could have gone either way. Since i won i wondered what if i slugged it out with them in CL. Would i have managed the quadruple? Will never know as i took the easy way out and settled for less. League was manageable as usual or i would have tanked. Cup draws have in recent months been good so no complains. Scored fewer than 300 goals this season but i consider it a better season than last as a super league quad is better than no quad.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-ebfdd6b0-00e4-4da9-9cf2-c483d5183af4.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 08-14-2022 at 03:01 AM.

Milestone achievement - 10000 goals

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-af28e1dc-5720-4045-905a-f6832bf84dc6.jpg

I am in my 39th season, tanked 7 seasons and did it with minimal resources so i am sure most would do better. I must say i am still very much addicted to the game and i still love it. Being able to win trophies makes me very happy and helps me escape the harsh realities of life especially as we age. I also get good rest playing TE, it doesn’t require endless farming like some other games. KOK and Unite Cup being the exception but i often look forward to events. They allow us to test our tactics and strategies without fear of condition loss or sacrificing our season.

My current aging strikeforce which mostly retires this season have contributed a fifth of those goals but I feel old players do not perform as well in key matches resulting in more trophy losses during my recent stretch. While their whites are high, they lose out in overall quality which can sometimes be the determining factor in later knockout stages. I also had to tank to maintain their quality and play in super league because i was unable to keep up with younger manipulating teams. This can be very tough to stomach. Perhaps a change in strategy might be the answer, forgoing playstyles for faster trainers and younger players. We’ll see.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-42c43e42-4493-4ecb-bef3-e061464e55d8.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-f16ec157-4dbc-4df2-91ef-3a3a298a8165.jpg

Season 39 Level 32 End of Season Summary

Competitions

Wise decision on my part going for Super League this season. Had i fought for CL, i would have been knocked out in the Semis by the same team that beat me in both Cup and Super Cup. No chance whatsoever. He even played some subs and lowered his rating and it still was not close. Probably had my worse loss against him for this account. In all honesty, i had expected it from the start so I aint too disappointed with my season.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-5af021da-f6b2-4616-8be0-e1fdd403af53.jpg

Contract extension and retiring players

Of my 3 retiring players all aged 33, Amir Marzok, announced on day 17 that he would stay another season. That was quite pleasing for me as i am hoping to improve on his assist record. I will bid farewell to Cabrera and Montero. Had to limit much of Cabrera’s playtime this season to prevent him from winning the scoring title again especially so with him retiring. They will be missed.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-484c0d1f-7033-48a9-af32-6d5771a40ffa.jpg

Associations

Bad experience this season. Had the same issue with 2 associations. Everyone required we add each other as friends which I resisted. To some it might mean nothing but to others, it does. I simply prefer to keep my match schedule confidential. It doesn’t mean I don’t like anyone or I can’t be trusted. Anyway, it is apparently a big thing to some which lead to some friction. Hope I won’t be facing such issues next season while my team undergoes some reshuffling.

Season 40 Level 33 End of Season Summary

Associations

I had one of my best performance ever in an Ultimate association. As someone who rarely scores enough points to complete the special sponsor task, it was great. It also felt really special to lead my association in points. Credit to my association mates for holding their own, not swapping me and feeding me to the strongest opponents.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-7473117a-0ab0-439c-a9ee-5d12eab5861d.jpg

Competitions

Tough season again with 2 opponents playing in ultimate and 3 in diamond. I settled for the Super League and gave up the league. Toughest matches were the Super Cup and Cup finals. Both opponents in the finals had well trained teams and have beaten me, knocking me out of competitions in previous seasons so it felt nice to get revenge. Having said that, I do respect their play and teams or I wouldn't have avoided facing them in CL.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-07f28111-fb1e-4d38-a6e3-bbca404bf733.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 10-11-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920