Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Max

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Milestone Achievement - 200 Wins

The road to 200 wins was easier than achieving 100. I did spend more time on the game but it was easier because I had fewer close shaves and much more dominant wins. Reading the guides definitely played a big part as you learn how the system works and how to benefit from it.

I must say I have no big time superstar. This record has been achieved with 2 seven star players who were really 6 star most of many seasons. I also did bench my best players at least a third of my matches to conserve greens. These stored greens come in handy when I face a fellow manipulator or if I get a bad draw. I do intend to train stronger players but it really depends on my opponents. I do not want to raise my quality when the game restricts our goalscoring average. No matter how good you are, you still score around 6 goals per match. I checked many strong players to confirm this.

This season is a little tougher due to the YA. I did believe that they would be included in the draw but was influenced by other more experienced managers who thought otherwise. I did however minimise my risk by keeping only 1 player who was sold almost immediately. I only keep FTs (18 to 21 years old) or low quality players on my bench to help me make money for upgrades and floating capital. The new YA member did not fall into any of the 2 categories.

Nonetheless, I have enough resources to put up a good fight so let's see how the season plays out. Good luck everyone!

Attachment 131788
    Keep going, hopefully, you reach 300 soon,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Keep going, hopefully, you reach 300 soon,

Will do! Thanks Max!

Max
    Will do! Thanks Max!
    Your welcome

Season 5 Level 5 Mid Season Update

Competitions

This season I am fairly confident in securing the league. While some might feel it is easier with 1 league competitor, I think it might be easier with a few more. Rather than wait for a troll that might never happen against your only competitor. A league with a few competitors means a higher probability of them losing points against each other which benefited me this season.

I remain in both Cup and CL this season but my competition is more interesting this season. CL quality is generally lower with mostly 4 star teams as of today and Cup opponents are all lower band 5 star teams.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-bbbf6899-0a96-46dc-9141-6e63ab56d1cb.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-67266f79-a5d9-41fc-9cea-fdde376175fd.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-82ac1e1a-7dfc-4e4b-b5d1-2c47f0ea2e80.jpg

Record

My only draw took place in the cup against an unlikely opponent. Rating of 60 plus vs my 6 star team and almost ended my undefeated streak. I was trailing almost the entire match until I equalised during the 78th min. I made my 2nd and 3rd sub in the 73rd min and he made his 3rd sub in the 76th min. I believe one of those actions triggered my equaliser. Or maybe he altered his orders which might have put him at a disadvantage.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-4397f41f-4196-4986-8bc6-ad83f1ef3317.jpg

Associations

So this is my 2nd month playing the associations tournament and I am quite pleased. It is really quite fun if one were to play among active friends. It also allows communication within the game which has its pros and cons. Best of all, we get to win tokens!

For myself, I found association matches tougher to win than my regular tournaments. Probably due to draw manipulation and being in a Gold 1 association. I feel it’s a good testing ground and a confidence booster as you learn to handle higher level more experienced players.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-19-2020 at 03:56 PM.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

My 1st Event Win/Completion

I never expected to win as I am a player who doesn't pay for reentry after fully utilizing free attempts. This is my 5th season so it's probably the 5th event I am participating in.

I must say I feel this is a massive accomplishment for my team which is very average. I had to play some strong teams. Some with higher overall quality, some with extremely high white skill attackers, one even had more than 10 supporters but I always found a way to win. The engine favored my team for sure which was obvious in some matchups. I also tried every trick in the book though I am doubtful they made any difference.

Thanks to the event, I won 74 tokens, 22 green and blue boosters and an emblem/jersey set. The worst prize I got was the 84 percent 22 year old player. Worth 4 mil and useless to my 108 percent team at that time. He wasn't even good enough for my 2nd team.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-img_20200128_023515.jpg
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Season 5 Level 5 End Season Summary

League

It was one of those seasons where i felt i was in control from the start. Early matchups between the top 3 teams gave me wins over both competitors. They also lost points playing each other and got trolled after which i felt they gave up entirely.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-128a6304-0487-43bc-9f21-25b3dac54e55.jpg

Cup

Toughest competition this season. I had opponent after opponent who were mostly 5 stars. I usually do not powertrain my players at the start of the season but i was forced to this season because the cup was tough even at initial stages. While i did face some 4 star teams, these teams had high whites well over 100 and had beaten other 5 star teams. Not surprising that i had my only 2 draws this season in this competition.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-e855b51f-89d5-45f4-bdc4-a8bf662299ec.jpg

CL

It could have been much tougher. I watched my best competitors getting trolled and eliminated. This left me facing 4 star teams throughout the competition and even in the finals. Easily one of the easiest CL competitions i ever had.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-ca16d293-4c48-4b3f-8731-0fad142b2125.jpg

Super Cup

The competitor was high in quality but inactive. I think his 5 star quality was what won him the Super League. While i was worried prior to our match, it was a one sided affair once the game started. It looked like his team wasn’t trained judging by the possession i had taking into account his quality.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-a9917e6e-c1e4-4480-b868-d001a2a20a1c.jpg

Record

My record keeps getting worse with every season since i started manipulating. Level 3 i had a 51 win season, level 4 with 50 wins and level 5 with 49 wins. While the YA did affect my draw a little as i only kept 1 youth, i already power trained my team to make up the difference in quality. My best 11 quality was at 116 plus today before selling my players which is a record for my team.

Nonetheless i am satisfied i won the quadruple and will do my best to keep it going. It should be easier going forward as i have saved a good amount of tokens and greens. Reds being the only resource that leaves me feeling a little insecure but i still refuse to waste my videos on them.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-a1dafd3b-ecab-4869-97e9-b0c8a6410aeb.jpg
    khris and maloukees like this.

Max
    Season 5 Level 5 End Season Summary

League

It was one of those seasons where i felt i was in control from the start. Early matchups between the top 3 teams gave me wins over both competitors. They also lost points playing each other and got trolled after which i felt they gave up entirely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	128A6304-0487-43BC-9F21-25B3DAC54E55.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	131995

Cup

Toughest competition this season. I had opponent after opponent who were mostly 5 stars. I usually do not powertrain my players at the start of the season but i was forced to this season because the cup was tough even at initial stages. While i did face some 4 star teams, these teams had high whites well over 100 and had beaten other 5 star teams. Not surprising that i had my only 2 draws this season in this competition.

Name:	E855B51F-89D5-45F4-BDC4-A8BF662299EC.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	131996

CL

It could have been much tougher. I watched my best competitors getting trolled and eliminated. This left me facing 4 star teams throughout the competition and even in the finals. Easily one of the easiest CL competitions i ever had.

Name:	CA16D293-4C48-4B3F-8731-0FAD142B2125.jpg 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	131997

Super Cup

The competitor was high in quality but inactive. I think his 5 star quality was what won him the Super League. While i was worried prior to our match, it was a one sided affair once the game started. It looked like his team wasn’t trained judging by the possession i had taking into account his quality.

Name:	A9917E6E-C1E4-4480-B868-D001A2A20A1C.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	131998

Record

My record keeps getting worse with every season since i started manipulating. Level 3 i had a 51 win season, level 4 with 50 wins and level 5 with 49 wins. While the YA did affect my draw a little as i only kept 1 youth, i already power trained my team to make up the difference in quality. My best 11 quality was at 116 plus today before selling my players which is a record for my team.

Nonetheless i am satisfied i won the quadruple and will do my best to keep it going. It should be easier going forward as i have saved a good amount of tokens and greens. Reds being the only resource that leaves me feeling a little insecure but i still refuse to waste my videos on them.

Name:	A1DAFD3B-ECAB-4869-97E9-B0C8A6410AEB.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	131999
    Congrats, that is a good season, your record is good, don’t mind the fact you are 2 points worse off than last season, you still won the quadruple which is really all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    Sillybq likes this.

Associations that have a player who have a clean sweep of trophies.
    Posting this for easy reference/tracking as they are a source of motivation and inspiration to me.

#OJ1OK0
    #6EXWUZ

Max
    Associations that have a player who have a clean sweep of trophies.
    Posting this for easy reference/tracking as they are a source of motivation and inspiration to me.

#OJ1OK0
    #6EXWUZ
    I will check this out but did you leave your association or did you get removed, I hope you can find another one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I will check this out but did you leave your association or did you get removed, I hope you can find another one soon.
    Yeah I left my previous one. Helped both reach platinum but I found them not active enough. Sometimes I would be 1 of 2 supporting, training levels were often disappointing, players didn't give bonuses. Was frustrated often. I am in another now. Hopefully they are more active.
    templealumni23 likes this.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast