Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Faced a tough first round cup opponent and decided to test my skills. Am just sharing my joy here as I expected to lose.

Fellow manipulator/tanker/upseller and winner of many trophies. We are at level 18.
    Attachment 136417

Has better trained players than me.
    Attachment 136411
    Attachment 136418
    Attachment 136412
    Attachment 136414

Has many friends to support. While I can't attend most matches this season and no time to switch my team so will probably be eliminated soon.
    Attachment 136415

Won both and convincingly.
    Attachment 136416
    Lost my champions league match today against a strong team i played against in the first round of my cup this season. He is not only strong but a very active manager. It is a good thing i am facing his feeder club. His main account is 3 levels above me but has won all trophies since he started the account.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-1d754a81-0ba0-4381-ad28-69aea2a195e2.jpg

As usual, he is motivated enough to log into all his accounts to support his team. Not sure if it backfired or was worth the effort as he might have done better by concentrating on managing his team instead of logging in 1 by 1.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-ae03d8ce-7d91-4d77-8ecb-7a0b83fcd9c5.jpg

His key attackers made some improvements during the season as well. I am of the impression he did not use his storable greens as well based on how much his team improved or perhaps training 9 star players is much slower than I anticipated at that age.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-3f9a1188-b33d-44c6-bd4b-deb2993c6a63.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-0dd1191a-19da-4863-9ee1-cab32eed1e8c.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-e1a39aa0-93c5-4761-a941-f502c12c45e5.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-16881a4c-eb3e-4832-a9c7-992a9eb6451c.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-dfa076a7-7935-437c-8b81-35ed31e3ed38.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-ad7e231a-ad82-455b-ab51-36249cc8e998.jpg

I’d like to thank him for the competition and keeping me motivated this season. I had previously considered giving up all competitions but having him around made me want to win. Respect goes out to him, a fellow strong and active manipulator/upseller/tanker.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Season 19 Level 18

My second run at level 18 and it was much tougher this time round. Faced a good manipulator for both CL and Cup. Was lucky both times. Finished 10th in league and was lucky to avoid promotion.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-02-28-01-31-46-005_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-02-28-01-31-36-292_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

Record doesn't look too bad even after tanking twice and I am back in full swing this season. Going for the quad again. Will keep this short as I have many players to purchase
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Event completion

If I remember correctly, the last event i completed was at level 4 or 5 so it has been more than a year. As usual, I only used free entries and do not manipulate event draws so it's always an uphill battle.

I had to use both entries and lost to TSC the first attempt. Made it back on second attempt and beat them quite convincingly after making some tactical changes.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-img_20210316_013610.jpg

Season 20 Level 18

Finally a quad after 4 seasons.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-03-27-23-48-38-563_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    HeavensAAA and Der_Ryan_M like this.

Association Blues

I don't usually like commenting on how my association mates manage their teams but this case particularly gets on my nerves. This particular player plays 4-5-1v.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-04-12-14-45-00-287_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

He uses this player at striker.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-04-12-14-01-07-643_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

And this fella at MC.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-04-12-14-00-51-096_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

I suggested he switch them with Bonadie playing MC and Martins playing AMC instead of a striker which he refuses.

He raises the quality of our draws and doesn't utilise his players properly. Perhaps the contrarian view is that they play better at the positions he chose? Nope, in our first game week, he lost all 4 of his association matches with those 2 players having the lowest ratings. I expected more from an experienced player at level 77.

Just needed to rant. We ain't performing badly as we have some good association mates but sometimes a weak link is enough to drag the entire association down.
    HeavensAAA and EastsiderSG like this.

Season 21 Level 19

My team started off very leaky which pressured me into investing some greens. Not sure if i made a good decision purchasing lower quality players who i planned to utilise for only a season. I always try to buy lower quality when the intention is to keep players long term and higher quality for season fillers. But to save time this season, i settled for lower quality since thats what the system fed me. Cost me more greens and saved me some tokens. Oh well, whats done is done.

Good season nonetheless. These days i am very careful with the youth academy. I usually keep a guy there until the end of the season for a special sponsor task but forgot to release a few times. Some of those mistakes cost me dearly resulting in tougher draws.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-e2c3aa1d-4da3-4cf7-8c69-f88b1393ba30.jpg

I like how my attackers were very balanced in their performance this season. I try to rotate them as often as possible while still going for all Man of the match awards but sadly they missed out on a few when i operate with less than 3 attackers.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-2e42889f-90c5-44a8-9087-36c5936883d8.jpg

Looking forward to the new association rewards and format next season
    Last edited by Sillybq; 04-25-2021 at 07:37 PM.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Milestone achievement - 1000 wins

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-f221e1b2-185b-40e6-bb1f-de5de2382594.jpg

Am in my 22nd season now and i am still very much addicted to the game, still have lots to learn and many things i have yet to experience. I lost 5 trophies during my 21 seasons, 2 league trophies, 1 CL, 1 Supercup, 1 Cup. To summarise, i tanked 2 seasons after 1.5 years of playing. Prior to that, I was in a slump as i lost in a Cup final and in the subsequent season i lost in the CL final. So yeah, those 5 trophies were lost in a short span of 4 seasons. Anyway, that’s history and we are back on track.

I must say the game has been getting increasingly difficult. Players are getting more expensive in terms of tokens and i can no longer identify a fast trainer based on value. I used to sort my auctions list by age, now its by value and even then, its like taking a stab in the dark. I am quite sure the journey to 2000 wins will be a very different experience but i will adapt as always.

For the first time this season, i am having a go at the premium special sponsor. You must be thinking i purchased it. Well no, it’s the one from referrals. What better time to utilise it than Top Eleven’s 11th birthday special sponsor. Am extremely motivated this season, planning the number of STs, AMCs and DCs while purchasing my bench. Am still not done preparing by the way.

Associations is another big change this season. I am pleasantly surprised that we can still win tokens. My gut kept telling me that this is where they are gonna cut us ftp players off. I will be playing in platinum which i avoided for a long time after a token-less relegation experience. It’s much better with the changes. At least we are rewarded instead of being punished for playing against stronger opponents.

Rookie
    What percent power is your team?

Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleGinger FC View Post
    What percent power is your team?
    113 at the moment. A little higher than usual at this point in the season to apply for platinum associations. I am usually only 105-110 during the first week. Should be 125-135 by season end depending on how much I powertrain for the big games as well as the event later in the season.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 04-28-2021 at 02:43 AM.

Season 22 Level 20

My favourite part of this season was experiencing premium special sponsor and it is totally worth it. Really good move letting us experiencing it once for free, I am gonna have to fight the temptation to purchase everyday for the rest of my TE career. If anyone were the ask me what the main highlights were, I would say many. 50 greens upfront, 5 percent Mourinho support, faster recovery and we get 3 SAs. One is them is a 2nd SA and another special limited SA. Both are rare for me. Made it to stage 19 as usual and resisted spending tokens to complete it.

Associations was another interesting experience. I always felt I was not a very active player but I happened to be the most active and passionate player in my association. I am being very positive now. I have actually been told to leave unless I quit stressing out the members. Shan't comment more on this. Many are members of the forum. I just hope I don't get kicked out over the next couple of days. Performance wise I finished with 102 out of a possible 144 so I think I did alright.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-img_20210523_032241.jpg

Finally, my season was tougher than what is displayed here in records. I experienced a few weird matches where my untrained weak opponents performed better than I expected. Lost my scoring title this season as well.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2021-05-23-01-49-34-747_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    RaiKo, HeavensAAA and Der_Ryan_M like this.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast