Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Season 29 Level 25 End of Season Summary

Associations

Fresh out from hibernation due to tanking. I started the season excited about the prospect of being part of an ultimate association once again. With my x3 multiplier and a good mix of newly purchase players to blend with my senior team, i quickly found a new home.

My excitement did not last very long. A day before the first associations draw, i was told to sell players as my quality was too high. I quickly scrolled up and down the chat box, hoping to find what i might have missed but there was no sign of it. I was not informed about any quality restrictions and i was not informed of the quality ceiling expected of my team prior.

I was annoyed at this point thinking about how many tokens i had invested and would have to invest again to sell a high quality starter and buy a lower quality replacement just to drop 1 percent which was the difference in quality between myself and my captain when i was informed. I asked my captain what were the quality limits for the upcoming weeks to better manage my upcoming purchase but did not wait too long for a response. I left as soon as i found another ultimate association to join which didn’t require a fire sale on my part. Was relieved, an experience i hope never to go through again.

Competitions

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-32095a79-226d-4605-86cb-4d86ae3f5e54.jpg

Another 300+ goal season but most importantly the quadruple. In season 16, i had more than 300 goals but lost a trophy. No point in that. Both cup and Supercup finals were tough but thankfully no upsets.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 12-05-2021 at 06:24 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Season 30 Level 26 End of Season Summary

Player contributions

Delightful season statistics as all my field players managed notch some assists. I am talking about DMCs and defensive line players as well. I initially had the impression i was a tactical and strategic genius lol until i realised all the players in my farm accounts with no playstyles were getting assists as well.

If you notice my stronger players played fewer games than my bench this season. I played only 3 starting attackers for official matches during stretches of KOK phase 2 and 3 to ensure my starters had max condition at all times. I was willing to take losses and draws as my streak was ruined early in the season by a cup bug that affected many.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-3867a758-6665-484c-8d9c-9443b1c23325.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-b504794a-d16d-4ff0-bdb4-93acf4bd79a8.jpg

KOK

The final phase was tough, i struggled and found myself facing difficulties beating 3 teams. Despite having a better trained team, their overall higher quality seemed to make up for having lower whites. At 130 + quality, i was the 5th best team. 2 of my opponents were heavy tankers and another 2 had support from Mourinho.

I decided to cut my losses midway through day 2 when i realised my strong opponents were willing to back up their quality with activity and spending unfortunately for me. A positive is i invested only 2 tokens adjusting a match time to prevent friendlies at day 1 cut off and fewer than 10 greens topping up condition. I did however spend a fair bit of blues which i can get easily from friendlies so no biggie.

Main Competitions

Another 300 + goal season and quadruple. This would be the 3rd quad in a row. I haven’t been able to do 4 consecutive quads for a really long time so this coming season will hopefully mark a breakthrough. The CL finals featured my strongest competitor and there were moments i thought i might lose. My first goal came only in the 68th minute and 4 more goals were scored in the final 20 minutes to cement my win. Better late than never yet highly stressful.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-bc710fe4-13e1-4cf6-bb3b-d0fd6fd5443c.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-03-2022 at 11:14 PM.
    Ichigos Kurosakis likes this.

Season 31 Level 27 End of Season Summary

Bad start

I started the season with lower white skills than i did i previous seasons having replaced multiple core team members this season. The changes were primarily in defence which resulted in many goals conceded early on. It only got better after some power training which i usually do after the first association draw.

Tough opponents

As mentioned in my previous posting, i usually do not win 4 quads in a row. This season looked somewhat similar as i had stronger than usual opponents in all competitions. 1 in particular was well trained as i monitored his team right up until we met in the cup quarterfinals. Quite interesting to note that his team was inserted into my competitions to replace a bot.

The events also played a part and increased difficulty as all of my stronger opponents were reactivated accounts from 2012-2016. And we all know how easy it is for reactivated accounts to complete events with the low quality base they begin with. The event prize players in their teams though low in whites gave me a real run for my money.

Competitions

I did still manage to win the quad. It was more challenging than most seasons but i made it so by not investing enough into power training. Lost a match against the well trained team i mentioned earlier in the cup quarterfinals but survived on goal difference. All in all a very satisfying season.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-1130c8eb-a31a-492d-9ce8-e2cb58443d77.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 02-04-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Season 32 Level 28 End of Season Summary

Events

Season started with KOK followed by a PVP event. I remained consistent and continued to underperform for both. Finishing 3rd for KOK and bowing out at level 3 in the PVP tournament. It was expected as my defense lacks depth.

3D

Excitement everywhere as we are anticipating new 3D graphics. I must admit that I was playing quite a number of 3D soccer manager games before settling down in Top Eleven so it isn't something I place any emphasis on. Good to have but not a game changer. To be honest, at times watching 3D games made me dizzy and gave me headaches, perhaps it's my age.

Main Competitions

It was a last minute decision to give up the league. I was initially resistant as I had a quadruple streak going. Managed to win treble instead so ideal result this season.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-screenshot_2022-02-26-21-57-31-219_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 02-28-2022 at 11:59 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Milestone Achievement - 1500 Wins

I also hit 100 losses a few days ago. It’s been awhile since i gave up on a good record so i just try to enjoy the game whichever way makes me happy without stressing myself.

In the midst of an association event but i am in a bronze 2 association this time around. 1x multiplier makes it immensely difficult getting into or finding active high quality associations especially if one isn’t socially active. Hopefully i can still help my association complete phase 5 and get those 15 tokens.

This account completed it’s 4th event this season, 4 in 33 seasons and all were against bots. Really welcomed the win as i badly needed the tokens. Kinda overspent this season, made a additional costly purchase just because i was bored and decided to participate for fun in an auction bidding war and ended up winning. Never gonna do this on my main account again.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-8069dfdb-ffc0-46ee-9fc1-608f496c2c29.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Season 33 Level 28 End of Season Summary

Trophyless Season

I ain't pleased about it but I ain't upset either. I have been conditioned lol. Both final losses were GK MOM 1-0 matches which have hit me many times before. This puts an end to a long successful streak of cup and cl trophies.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-64e11f86-9ddd-4994-9bc9-2038e788bcf8.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-b0bc689f-efd7-4ee7-9e05-f220bfc3fa55.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-7fc1b087-3f4c-4b45-b7b3-ae0f8d429748.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-aef6a74c-717a-49af-b201-3f47ab89c676.jpg

Yes, both teams did not have powertrained players and were 30-40 quality weaker. In my defence, i have seen better trained teams, some which invest substantially, lose against such teams as well. It's part of the game and i’d rather lose than spend.

Losing both CL, cup and finishing below 8th spot in league means I will not be participating in the CL and FC this season. I can also no longer participate in association matches so it looks like it's gonna be a very relaxing season.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-ae0ca426-1251-42d0-8b68-4900dc5d4a82.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 03-29-2022 at 04:25 AM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Season 34 Level 28 End of Season Summary

I do not usually tank 3 straight seasons but a trophyless season last month kinda killed my enthusiasm to play. That didn’t last long as halfway through the season, i felt bored with only the cup to play for. Even KOK, an event i found too time consuming and frustratingly tiring felt fun this time around.

My draws were tough this season with manipulators in both league and cup. But having tanked 2 seasons prior meant my team was pretty well trained. Despite stronger competition, we did well enough to secure the cup. For league, stronger opponents did make my life alot easier as it can be difficult to lose with he introduction of stricter formation requirements. Sometimes it shocks me to see what my 1 percent team can do.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-bb635cf1-50d0-461a-b518-42674b4c12c6.jpg
    Last edited by Sillybq; 04-23-2022 at 08:45 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M, SANTOSMEX and ivodrago like this.

Season 35 Level 28 End of Season Summary

And my team finally gets back to its winning ways in style banging in 200 goals for league. My first such experience and will probably be my last since my attackers hit 30 next season. I will not even attempt to maintain their quality as it will cost too many greens. These veterans are the reason i tanked. I wanted to experience keeping players until retirement and have annual contract extensions like in those posts i see regularly in fb. One experience I wasn’t too pleased about and wasn’t aware of was that all gaining and MOM rewards stop at 180 quality. Had i known, i would have allocated perishable greens to other players earlier so i could delay benching him. Lesson learnt.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-73462cab-b5d2-4776-971b-03805e66ad4a.jpg
    FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-8779386b-7640-4222-9fad-fd95c0882719.jpg

Good draw for cup this season and did not qualify for CL. Participated in the associations event but made a mistake joining an active low quality association. Because of my high quality, my team could easily beat most teams but my association mates hardly gained any momentum despite being active. We weren’t able to complete as 1 man doesn’t make a team especially if that man is me as i wasn’t prepared to use tokens.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-e8779fe6-9bd0-4f93-aadf-d4f2ab3beb8f.jpg

Happy to be playing normally again. The last few seasons were challenging. It was such a pain losing matches and it was very difficult to lose. Somehow i get that feeling like the engine tried it best to keep me in 8-9th spot, giving me incredible wins over much stronger teams. Glad it’s over.
    Der_Ryan_M and ivodrago like this.

Season 36 Level 29 End of Season Summary

Last season was a busy one filled with many sleepless nights. That’s right, KOK and 3 phases of it on top of other events. I am disappointed with my performance as i spent quite a number of greens to replenish condition yet failed to win phase 2 and 3. The qualities among my competitors were similar in both phases but i was simply outplayed. Had the better trained team but did not have sponsor and as many premium special abilities/master playstyles.

Injuries hit me hard last season. I would have spent 300 - 500 reds easy had i healed all players. More effort was required on my part with roster and resource management. There were times emergency purchases were required as well. Managed to win the quadruple after many seasons and found myself a good ultimate association. I am extremely pleased we survived and remained in ultimate despite very strong competition. I hope we continue to do well this season.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-17f4d50d-b57c-4974-9424-7078ee6794fa.jpg

Season 37 Level 30 End of Season Summary

Associations

After spending half of my seasons in ultimate and half of my seasons in other tiers, i must say there is a big difference. Associations in ultimate are actively managed. Most use a buddy training system so bonuses are fairly distributed. In other tiers, you get 1 guy selfishly asking for all bonuses. Another aspect is swapping, its very strategic in ultimate. In other tiers, i notice active players swapping to play the weakest players. Don’t ask me why? I don’t get it either.

My association improved our rank despite failing to complete the event. I had a taste of being one of the lowest quality in my association with an aging team, hardly scoring any goals in phase 6. Winning was impossible as i was 40 quality lower and my whites couldn’t make up for it. I aimed to score goals and gain points at best. It’s saddening that teams 40 quality lower without high whites can beat me yet i have such difficulty doing the same.

Competitions

I had 1 main competitor this season and he was created by the draw event. Not sure if he spent big or was just lucky but he got his quality up fast with some new players and started to powertrained his younger starters with his greens. Having lost in recent months in 2 finals appearances to teams that were 30-40 quality lower, i felt it might be a waste of time and effort to powertrain so i decided to let my current team try their luck without any investment. We were set to meet in the CL finals. The match was an extra time penalty thriller with him winning it 6-5. While disappointed and frustrated, I wasn’t too surprised as the fault is mine for not investing any greens.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-a5c05d86-9158-4f11-8497-e989020dace4.jpg

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast