Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Design Your Own Emblem Medieval Winners!

Ill leave it there. I don't want to come across as a sore loser but it really does my head in that I spent a couple of hours on mine, as I'm not very art orientated, just for some chumps to cut stuff out of google images.

I actually wondered how a lot of these images looked very professional and had a specific 'sheen' to them, well they're all basically vector images.

Not hard to cut watermarks off them either, as we can see with Putra Kondos.

And as Simon said earlier, it might be more worthwhile to reward more established forum members, rather than people who've quite obviously created multiple accounts for one purpose, hence the amount of entries from users with less than 5 posts.

I rest my case.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Top Emblem Designer Ardin Putra Kondo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    I'll look into these further. Please keep in mind that using public domain art assets is not against the rules.

This is my file, there is clear Sword Right next door who is inside, while the outside Being that I wear ...
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    _ARSENAL F.C_

I have the perfect solution to the whole argument of copyright etc.

In the UK we have a policy where all coursework material you submit to the exam boards has to have a reference section at the end, where you put links to all of the places you have sourced your material from.

It works well to combat plageurism

Maybe in future competitions make it compulsory to list the sources where you got the material from, because if all of the entries submitted are owned entirely by the submitter, it looks like half of the population of the forums are accomplished graphic designers :')

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardin Putra Kondo View Post
    This is my file, there is clear Sword Right next door who is inside, while the outside Being that I wear ...
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    mate the creator is Stasyuk Stanislav... you aren't him it's obvious

Quote Originally Posted by CarlTaut View Post
    mate the creator is Stasyuk Stanislav... you aren't him it's obvious
    The chequered background to the swords looks suspiciously like the end result of this online background cutting tool.

Easily Remove Image Backgrounds Online - Clipping Magic
    nordeus5 likes this.

#JFT96

Top Emblem Designer Ardin Putra Kondo's Avatar
    Thank You for Choosing me as the winner, I Accept Gift It ...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    _ARSENAL F.C_

did there was had some complainments abou art copyright like this before? im just following this competition winner announce.. btw i like blue dragon design and congrats all the winners!
    CarlTaut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamaraw View Post
    Let's not attack T11 too much. I don't think they would ignore this issue on purpose because it would be more costly if they don't. I can't imagine having to background check all the entries so let's help them. I'm fairly certain that there isn't a single person who knows the originality of every entry. If we really want to stop plagiarism, let's report it ourselves.
    I think it's easy for a company not to worry too much about plagiarism and using copyrighted material. A hands up here - I have done it in other businesses. That doesn't even have to be a conscious decision; as others have pointed out, many places offer copyrighted material for free that they've stolen themselves (acting in a similar way to a fence)

It is not necessarily the case that Nordeus are doing this deliberately. But they are profiting from it by reselling that material within the game, and yes that will stop if people point out where copyright infringements have been made because no doubt the downside for them is worse than the upside of ignoring it

All I wanted to do with that post was promote some action from those people who posted that copyrighted material was used, certainly more action than making rather vague claims about it

It seems that it was successful
    Ardin Putra Kondo likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ardin Putra Kondo View Post
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    The lady doth protest too much...
    Ardin Putra Kondo likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

You know, if it is proven that copyright material is used - and I don't mean to be too presumptuous, but there's a body of evidence above that suggests that this has happened in at least one case - liking every post on the thread doesn't change that fact, or allay people's frustrations that it has happened

Quite the opposite, I would suggest
    CarlTaut likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast