Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Design Your Own Emblem Medieval Winners!

Banned
    Hector del Mazo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zJordan View Post
    No one will take action for their work being used and profited from it. Not many free lance designers can afford it.

Maybe Nordeus should pick the winners and then request all creation-data be given to them in the future. (lets say psd files, everything used)
    Usually no one will take action if it is an isolated case, however if it is proven that copyrighted material is being used regularly and sold for profit there are many small steps that can be taken before full legal action would have to be called in (with associated costs, of course)

First of all, a series of complaints from you - the users - should alert the company to awareness that they are not doing enough to prevent illegal activity taking place. Let me be clear that the illegal activity is not just people using those images in a forum competition, but actually then selling those images on for profit

Secondly, if people on here have the will to, the copyright holders or the companies who sell the images for (one time) use would be contacted to let them know what is happening

Then, those individuals/companies have a series of actions to take. Their first step would be to let Nordeus know they are using their images illegally. Their second step would be to issues a cease and desist letter (this is not an expensive step). Thirdly, they would appeal to Google, Facebook, Apple and others citing a breach of DMCA in an attempt to get the forum, T11 site and the app banned from those engines and market places

It's only the final step of pursuing legal action in court that actually has a significant cost (other than time)

Any freelance individual can follow the same steps if their copyright is breached
    CarlTaut and Sxrenity like this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by ljepoje View Post
    yes!!!!!
    Ardin Putra Kondo likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcekv View Post
    Railla Medeiros & Leep are only admirable ones, others are 80% stolen copyrighted designs or are just pure ****...
    Comparing to the competition I won, this one was lame...
    Although my design wasn't selected. Did my design come under the "80% stolen copyrighted designs " ?? can't be as I drew it all in paint, which means it was "pure ****". If so seems abit unfair, but guess I'll try harder.

Is there anyway of finding out where I went wrong, please?

contest suck...I have 14 Like and I'm not in 22 designs..I'm sorry but this contest is rigged...bye bye forum..it is inconceivable!

this is one of my drawings .. you decide if it sucks

Last edited by peppe88; 07-04-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Congrotulation of the winner
    Ardin Putra Kondo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker17 View Post
    Although my design wasn't selected. Did my design come under the "80% stolen copyrighted designs " ?? can't be as I drew it all in paint, which means it was "pure ****". If so seems abit unfair, but guess I'll try harder.

Is there anyway of finding out where I went wrong, please?
    That's one forum users opinion, don't take it to heart. Probably got a bit of a superiority complex because they won a competition. If it was with the same logo they have as an avatar, my view is it's not a great design

But that's the thing with design, it's totally subjective. So don't worry too much about what others think (whether bad or good), just keep practicing until you can create something you like

And if it helps, Vincent Van Gogh was ridiculed in his time for the art he created. He's probably the most revered painter in history now
    11bogie11 likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by CarlTaut View Post
    well.. there's a difference between copyrighted images and stock photos. if you do a reverse image search on that eagle silhouette you ll notice that different websites are actually selling this (making profit). can u tell who is the original author? i doubt it. are all these sites paying credit to the original creator? i doubt it either. even the original creator cant prove of his design because this vector is all over the internet and i cant find a license (creative common or anything) which protects him. only Royalty-free license if you know what this is. and most important. these websites sell these stock images for general purpose. not for personal use or something. commercial use is not excluded (with RF license). especially if this design is used as only a part of another design and not selling the actual image back as it is.
    i could design an eagle from scratch but i used that to save time since everyone use stock images and since it's not against the rules of the competition. (and not only this competition. i could use the exact same eagle as a large company logo and i wouldnt have any legal issues)
    on the other hand, of course, if you make a rip-off a copyrighted logo and people are buying just because its related to a real football team logo (for example) you ll have copyright issues. that's the difference between stock images and copyrighted logos. this eagle is not a brand or anything.
    nordeus should reward original designs if you ask me but that's another topic

Quote Originally Posted by peppe88 View Post
    contest suck...I have 14 Like and I'm not in 22 designs..I'm sorry but this contest is rigged...bye bye forum..it is inconceivable!

this is one of my drawings .. you decide if it sucks

maybe because you used an actual image (copy pasted as well) as knight and not a vector with 2 or 3 colors as the rules of the competition require...?
    Last edited by Promitheas; 07-05-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Well let's just hope Nordeus is more vigilant next time they do a comp.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 07-05-2013 at 04:40 AM.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Maybe T11 can do a copyright complaint thread right after the competition thread closes before they pick winners. I'm not sure if everything would be covered but i'm sure it would help.

The color limit rule is confusing though. Some entries have more than two in an element.
    Last edited by Tamaraw; 07-05-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    CarlTaut, Ravitaneja and Sxrenity like this.

TAMARAWS FC
    "Futbol Club kan Ciudad nin Naga"

1st Place League: Seasons 3, 5, 6, 7, 17, 18, 21
    1st Place Champions League: Season 4
    1st Place Cup: Coming Soon(?)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast