Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Improved Player Rating

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Don't worry, as usual, players of the game discover by themselves the changes of the game.
    One of them you "forgot" to inform us, is the new league draw. Leagues with the same quality teams.
    Well, I don't like it, not if it's not my choice or the rewards are the same with a team of 3* players, who doesn't spend any time or money in the game.

So, I 'm thinking :
    -Quitting the game
    -Starting from the beginning with a 3-4* team, playing as 35T manager, just log in for the game and the gifts, for 10' min every day
    -Finding something else
    From today my team is in auto-pilot. Not interest any more
    Why (after having invested so much in the game)? Try to win the league, even though it seems very difficult on paper. This is what makes the game challenging. You can't keep on having easy leagues every season. It would be fun to have easy leagues, but it would be the almost the same routine every season and there won't be any challenge. Maybe this season you should focus on the league. What Nordeus should do though is to make the money prizes for the league proportional to the quality of all the teams in it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-01-2015 at 09:06 AM.

EDit: this post seems more moany than I intended, but it is moany (a bit)

Ratings Feedback 2

Unfortunately the more I see the new ratings the less useful they are as a management tool. I don't mean to be rude but the changes appear to be more about massaging the e-peen of winning managers than giving feedback on players performance to aid management. It seems that even more than before goals and assists mean high ratings and losing means lower. This should not be automatic. There should be an aspect of opportunity and expectation. But, unfortunately, the weighting of reward in the context of 'opportunity and expectation' seems even more weighted towards goals and assists than it already was. Goals win prizes but they do not necessarily reflect the quality of performance - even crap can score

My team won 3-0 in the CL - one ST scored 1 and made 2 assists, rating 10; the other scored 1 and made 1 assist rating 9. All seems OK, right?

Wrong.

The fact is my ST were involved in 3 goals (rating 9 & 10, remember) against what is in effect a 2* team.
    Note: I have no problem with the result, the match the stats it's the ratings than do not reflect all of this.

Pics you shout, Buffs let's see the pics!

Detail

My attack produces:

• 26 shots. 15 are not considered on-target so thats 15 that are either stopped by the pposition before they reach the last defender/gk, hit the woodwork or miss the target;
    • 11 shots on target. So thats 11 that are either stopped by the last defender, saved by the GK or result in a goal. 1 goal came from a FK so my attack scored 2 from 11....and therefore the opposition made 9 definite goal saving blocks/deflections etc. (Their GK made 4 saves.)

[EDIT: btw I'm not making assumptions on the 'quality' of shots/saves/blocks because even if its poor defending that creates the opportunities its also poor attacking that doesn't take then and its certainly not outstanding attacking which produces 2 against failing def.]

My MCs rate 8 & 9, my wingers 8 & 8, my Strikers 9 & 10...........for that performance? And the opposition manager should be happy (he watched) that his team kept the score down but where is the feedback on his team's performance against 'the Mighty Buffs'? If my team failed then low ratings are deserved for me, if my team didn't fail then higher ratings should be deserved by him.

TL;DR?

Much tweaking is required and in particular it needs, imo, to focus on weighting the rewards; strikers are expected to score/assist, they should not be given the crown jewels for popping 1 or 2 in when in fact they should be doing more.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-01-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: EDIT
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    @Nordeus

OT but in the spirit of this new Improved Communication can someone say if there is a new Improved League Draw System....and then maybe improve it again.
    Hi Buffs Mad,

A new League draw system has been introduced yesterday and it should satisfy you and nikolgiorgos We just posted about it here.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

VIP
    I'd like to know one thing... is rating 10 for the same performance players used to get 9? Does 6 still means average performance, or it is now what 5 used to be, poor performance?
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    New league draw? Similar ratings?

If that is the case then they stuck my team in the wrong league. Yes the other 13 are all similarly rated (around 15 at lvl 2) but my team hit day 3 with a 27 avg rating. This league will not have a competition for 1st place......the rest of it should be interesting though.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Apologize because with my comment about the new league draw, I messed with the subject of this thread.
    Now, after the new thread/announcement of Fredi there are already 3 threads about this
    http://forum.topeleven.com/news-anno...tml#post350652
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post350464
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...tml#post350624
    so there is no reason to mix the subjects. My post (and complain) was about communication thing.
    By the way, want to say hi to Audiotom and Fredi (suppose they are new members of the family) and wish to see you more often than the others with the blue/red/purple color names.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Back to the subject.
    I had a player who got 4 10s in 4 games (after the first two games of the Cup, where he got two 8s).
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-ready-15.html

So, can you give some explanation why my player became Diego Maradona all of a sudden ?
    I suppose that you cannot explain this because your job is something different, so what about some day, a developer/programmer of the game explain to us, how the rates of the game are working ?
    Is this thing just an "add +2" in programming of previous system ?
    Who are the factors that affect the rates for every position ?
    Has rates any meaning/relation with the result/process of the game or it's just a (logic but random) explanation ?
    Is there something that in forum chat we call "bad form"? is the cause random ? can we avoid this ? can we affect this ? Can we coach ?
    Thanks for a reply, hope for more
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 07-02-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    There is some meaning to the ratings as goals and assists have a very big impact. That much is clear even with small sample size. Also yellow/red cards are negatives.

Outside of those 2 factors I cannot be sure of anything. GK and CM/CDM ratings have always been a joke before.....Now I am not sure if they fixed them in a real way, made them better across the board, or if I just happened to get lucky with new Nordgen fast trainers at both GK and CM.

The ratings for both my GK and CM are better than I am used to having, but so far not outside the possible range in the past for a successful player at either position.

Last seasons GK had very poor ratings until the last 8 matches where he had all 7+ and 1 MoM......So it is just possible the new guy is starting fast. I still dumped old keeper because he got a 6 in 1st match of the season and there was a top value fast trainer available.....

I didn't have a CM last season at all but in the previous version of my team it took into season 4 to find a solid CM. Had many busts with high value. I did eventually find one who was amazing though and had back to back 20+ goal, 10+ assist seasons before I folded the team and started this new version and identity.

Interesting that at the same time as the change in player rating, there has been a foul up in the League 'Top Rated' table - I have posted about it in http://forum.topeleven.com/bugs-tech...ted-table.html
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Back to the subject.
    I had a player who got 4 10s in 4 games (after the first two games of the Cup, where he got two 8s).
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-ready-15.html

So, can you give some explanation why my player became Diego Maradona all of a sudden ?
    I suppose that you cannot explain this because your job is something different, so what about some day, a developer/programmer of the game explain to us, how the rates of the game are working ?
    Is this thing just an "add +2" in programming of previous system ?
    Who are the factors that affect the rates for every position ?
    Has rates any meaning/relation with the result/process of the game or it's just a (random?) explanation ?
    Is there something that in forum chat we call "bad form"? is the cause random ? can we avoid this ? can we affect this ? Can we coach ?
    Thanks for a reply, hope for more
    I've made note of your request, nikolgiorgos
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast