Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By odykai
  • 1 Post By Tom Millson
  • 2 Post By festinator

Thread: Type of training

Type of training

A simple question that i have not yet found an answer
    The type of training (practise match, running) determines the type of skill you can assign to the player?
    For example if i want the player to be faster i should train him for running?
    Or is it completely random?
    pnr8555 likes this.

I'd say it is random but if anything I would imagine it is cardio but if you want them to be faster you need to add skill points to physical & mental which improves their speed.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Pretty sure it's random. I asked a similar question where previously I've seen people say "stretching before a match improves performance", "cardio helps to improve a player's fitness" and 'practice match improves in-match tactics and teamwork". The common consensus was that this is completely false as the game engine basically doesn't not have that kind of logic built into it.

Think about it this way: If you do practice match or cardio, thinking you're going to improve running, why would you be allowed to place the point in attack or defence? My opinion is that no matter the training method, all skill points allocated are random. All training methods are a means of getting a certain level of experience at the cost of condition and risk of injury. The experience then adds up to become a skill point in any randomly allocated skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Millson View Post
    My opinion is that no matter the training method, all skill points allocated are random.
    Agreed...
    JKLM FC...

L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

Yeah they're random. However, depending on the position, some skills have a higher chance to receive the skill point than others. For example, keepers have a better chance at getting a skill point allocated to the handling skill than say the heading skill if you choose defense. Noticed this with all the keepers I've had.
    jklm_37 and Tom Millson like this.

For a football player i personally think he need to gain stamina at lower body i mean strengthen legs and thighs that is something which works when it comes to staying fit.
    You should do those activities which helps in staying fit,Running,Cycling swimming can help you a lot.
    Last edited by Armani31; 07-06-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    [link removed. No advertisements allowed in signatures -Administration]

Quote Originally Posted by Armani31 View Post
    For a football player i personally think he need to gain stamina at lower body i mean strengthen legs and thighs that is something which works when it comes to staying fit.
    You should do those activities which helps in staying fit,Running,Cycling swimming can help you a lot.
    He's talking about in-game players, not football players in real life. But I agree anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Millson View Post
    He's talking about in-game players, not football players in real life. But I agree anyway!
    Alright mate
    [link removed. No advertisements allowed in signatures -Administration]