Thread: Simmetry/Assimetry - Formations

Rookie

Simmetry/Assimetry - Formations

Does it really matter whether the formation is simmetrycal? I can't exactly prove it, but I don't see why a formation would be in disadvantage just because you aren't using the perfect looking lineup. For instance, I've been playing a rather peculiar formation with an AML and AMC, since I still haven't got my hands on a decend AMR. My formation is this:

Simmetry/Assimetry - Formations-clipboard01.jpg

And it works great, just like the narrow diamond 4-1-2-1-2, with the advantage of having a winger on the left side. Opinions?

Dreamer
    If it works for you, then it doesn't matter, but it's all down to your opponents. If you face a team that plays heavily through the wings, you'll have a lot of problems with a right midfielder. I for example would be happy to play against formations like yours as my wingers are my 2 best players - I'd just focus all attacks through your weak side and your best chance is to just hope that you score more than me.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    If it works for you, then it doesn't matter, but it's all down to your opponents. If you face a team that plays heavily through the wings, you'll have a lot of problems with a right midfielder. I for example would be happy to play against formations like yours as my wingers are my 2 best players - I'd just focus all attacks through your weak side and your best chance is to just hope that you score more than me.
    So you suggest I should get an AMR? If so, I am trying to find a decent one for quite a while, I just wasn't lucky enough to get one so far. But, I'm slowly stacking up my tokens and cash for the next season and some decent player purchases. Or, do you think I should get a MR instead an AMR? Since, as you said, my right side is obviously my weak side.

Rookie
    If you havent amr but you have mr you can put your mr a red arrow and that is similar to play with amr.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Štemberga View Post
    Does it really matter whether the formation is simmetrycal? I can't exactly prove it, but I don't see why a formation would be in disadvantage just because you aren't using the perfect looking lineup. For instance, I've been playing a rather peculiar formation with an AML and AMC, since I still haven't got my hands on a decend AMR. My formation is this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	8628

And it works great, just like the narrow diamond 4-1-2-1-2, with the advantage of having a winger on the left side. Opinions?
    Its not an illegal formation, so I don't see why it should affect your overall performance.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

It's like a lopsided formation in real life, can be good or less good, depending on opponent.

I have one of my league opponent using assimetry (weird) formations. As he started using weird formations, he started to win several games, including me...

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Štemberga View Post
    So you suggest I should get an AMR? If so, I am trying to find a decent one for quite a while, I just wasn't lucky enough to get one so far. But, I'm slowly stacking up my tokens and cash for the next season and some decent player purchases. Or, do you think I should get a MR instead an AMR? Since, as you said, my right side is obviously my weak side.
    Best case scenario is that you get an AMR/MR. Hard to find quality ones, but they are worth it - both my wingers are convertable and as I already said, they are my best players. A LOT of teams use formations that play through the middle, about 80% of my opponents this season did and having quality wingers made it easy for me to beat them.