Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nordeus is fixing friendlies? Gobsmacking news!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    I would just like to note that this doesn't refer to us scheduling matches inspired by real-world time, but that your fixtures display the time and date in the real world.
    Really? you would think that we would prefer a simulation to actually simulate the time properly, and logically. If you want to be the best football online simulation, one would think that you would also try to make the timing of games to be realistic as well.

OF course, if you dont care to be the best, please continue to schedule games as you normally do....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Millson View Post
    Great news!

They're giving us one more season to prepare

It still doesn't fix the issue of auto-rejecting friendlies. What if someone challenges me at 1am, the game plays at 4am and I'm still asleep and don't reject? Auto-rejection toggles need to be implemented too for me to be completely satisfied.
    I have mentioned that in several posts before, but was told that it was not in the cards...they did not think it was a good solution. Personally, I think it is the BEST solution, but hey, what do I know.

I had the same thing happen this season, dropped that friend for sure. I dont like to have unwanted friendlies at 4am...I dont want ANY unwanted friendlies at all. So this solution is only a band-aid, but better than walking around with an open sore.
    Last edited by cracicot; 06-28-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I had the same thing happen this season, dropped that friend for sure. I dont like to have unwanted friendlies at 4am...I dont want ANY unwanted friendlies at all. So this solution is only a band-aid, but better than walking around with an open sore.
    Agreed. Something is definitely better than nothing. Thankfully, none of my friends give me crazy friendlies. A couple did when they first joined after I referred them, but that's understandable as they're just learning how the game works.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Really? you would think that we would prefer a simulation to actually simulate the time properly, and logically. If you want to be the best football online simulation, one would think that you would also try to make the timing of games to be realistic as well.
    In my opinion I think the most realistic (and fairest) way of setting times is to play matches at the optimum time of the home team. For example, in the UK it may be lunchtime or 3pm, a time that standard football matches kick off. Meanwhile, if the home team in Australia, the game might be 3am UK time, where the local time is actually 3pm. This adds even more to the home and away advantage. On the reverse trip, the UK team gets 3pm while the Australian team gets 3am, then it's all fair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12